I have this intriguing story – but it needs twists

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques I have this intriguing story – but it needs twists

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @dragon-snapper
      • Total Posts: 3515

@josiahdeboer Um…plot twist. What if the evil dictator, either one, did something nice. Like, not “Here. I’m a nice dictator, I’m going to feed the poor and house the homeless”, no, something that would add a bit more depth. Like, if he loved his son, and they used to be good buddies, and then you can insert something tragic that makes them slightly less buddies. I don’t know. I think a bit of a plot twist would be just a bit of light in the darkness. Make a character, a maid, a servant, someone, who still remains hopeful throughout the story.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 96

@everybody – thanks for those ideas especially @Dragon-Snapper I think I might use somehting kind of along those lines.

Plus, I just wrote 20 pages in three dyas, so Yay!

NC Stokes
        @daughteroftheking
          • Total Posts: 1156

@JosiahDeBoer Yay! 20 Pages!? I really don’t have any ideas. *fiddles with microphone* Perhaps the dictator could have doubts about whether or not his son will be able to keep the dynasty going? Maybe he wonders if his son is evil enough to continue the legacy. That’s not really a twist, though. :/

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Emerald Flyer
          @emerald-flyer
            • Total Posts: 33

@josiahdeboer I don’t know if this helps at all, but I heard somewhere that the reason plot twists are shocking is because two things that seemed to be separate are actually one, like some character who had no connection to another character is now related, and because of this things are messed up. There’s no longer black and white but a muddled grey mess. Again, don’t know if this helps, but I thought I would post this.

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

*bows*
              at your service
              @josiahdeboer

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 96
              Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >