HUGE Announcement!

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί Fiction Writing β€Ί General Writing Discussions β€Ί HUGE Announcement!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Michael Stanton
    @michael-stanton
      • Total Posts: 72

My Fellow KeePers:

For many moons now, the Kingdom Pen team has been working behind the scenes to craft something truly extraordinary. KeePers have shared many battles together. Throughout them all, one ideal has eluded us time and again: how we might best share the profound truths of God without torturous cheesiness. At one time or another, we ourselves have felt the stirring of our souls by the written words of another. We were able to feel what they felt. Learn what they learned. Change as they changed. But how can we create that same connection with our readers? We attempt to include words and ideas from the Scriptures, but then quickly delete them not knowing how to do them justice. Defeated, we think, β€œCan I really claim to write for Christ and then be ashamed of His Word?”

But all is not lost. Those who have gone before us have shown us the path for our feet. Christian stories were once the most gripping of all narratives and so they shall be again. Red hot from the brain furnaces of Josiah Degraaf and Daeus Lamb emerges Kingdom Pen’s first ever writing course, Theme Mastery: Writing Christian Literature that Captivates.

As the mysterious yet familiar writing course glows before your eyes you begin to wonder, β€˜What kind of sorcery is this?’ To which I answer, β€œWelcome to the twenty-first century. What you’re looking at runs on electricity, not sorcery. Anyway, it’s an online course. NOT MAGIC.” Certainly not magic, but what Josiah and Daeus have put together is nothing short of magical.

It was foretold that in the year of our Lord, two thousand and seventeen, the Kingdom of Pen would instruct her lords and ladies in the art of Theme Mastery (i.e. how you can best use literature to communicate a message). However, this topic is so immense that we could not hope to instruct on it comprehensively in mere articles throughout the year. Thus, this course aims to teach you everything you need to know about how to connect with your readers through your novel’s theme without becoming preachy. The course will cover how to write a good character arc to communicate your novel’s message, how to structure a novel’s plot around your theme, how to weave minor characters into a novel’s theme, and more.

The course is still fresh from the furnace and is headed to the anvil (that’s you) for refinement. By the time you have completed your training, we estimate the course will consist of 16-18, fifteen-minute videos and will include homework & writing exercises to further help you master the lessons and apply them to your current work-in-progress. In addition, a private forum for the course will be created where Josiah & Daeus can work with you on applying the concepts of theme to your particular novel and handling any other questions you may have on theme.

β€œThis does sound magical!” you say. Well, it gets even better. If you act quickly you could be one of the very first people to experience the course months in advance of the general public (the full course is expected to be finished mid-March). Not only that, but as a beta tester, your feedback will be used to customize the course to fit your needs as a writer as we put our final touches on the lessons, homework, and extra reading material. We are limiting the course to 15 people, so you will need to act fast. The deadline to register for the beta release is January 28th, but we will be sending out an email about this to our subscriber base on the 21st if there’s still space by then, so you’ll want to register before then.

Still listening? Well I can make it even more magical (and I don’t even need a wand). For our beta testers, We are offering the course for less than half of its final list price. So you can get this $100+ course for only $40! We wanted to offer this very limited opportunity to our forum community first because (you’re awesome and) we want to make sure we design this course to fit your writing needs.

Have we piqued your interest? If so, you can sign up for the beta test here: http://kingdompenacademy.teachable.com/p/theme-mastery

Thusly, we invite you to join us on this quest and help us shape the future of Kingdom Pen! Brandish your mightiest of pens and prepare to sharpen your mind!

Michael Stanton
      Your Friendly Neighborhood Marketing Director

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Howdy friends,

This is to make sure you see the announcement. If this piques your interest but you aren’t sure if it’s for you, if you have any technical questions, untechnical questions, or general comments, I’ll be here to answer them.

@s-g-dewey
        @aysia-serene @dragon-snapper @audrey-caylin @northerner @leumeister @i-j-anderson @perfectfifths @ethryndal @writefury @sleepwalkingmk @the-bean @anne-of-lothlorien @julia-r @gideon-sowdon @anne-swiftblade @corissa-maiden-of-praise @jess @his-instrument @timothy-young @kate-flournoy @winter-rose @overcomer @ingridrd @faithdk @gretald @alia @hannah-c @sarah-h @jadamae @mark-kamibaya @everyone-else-on-the-forum

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

ACK! I NEED THIS!
          Quick questionβ€” is this something I can do on my own time because March fifteenth is the due-date of my newest sibling… are there set times or can I weave this in how I need to to get it to you guys when you need it?

@Daeus

@Aratrea

@Anybody

Josiah DeGraaf
          @aratrea
            • Total Posts: 717

@kate-flournoy Yes. It’s a self-paced video course, so you can definitely watch it at your own pace, whether that’s doing a couple a week or binge-watching a bunch of sessions at once. πŸ˜‰

Feedback-wise, we’ve set up a bunch of short four-question surveys you can fill out after watching each lesson so you don’t need to give feedback on the whole course all at once. We’ll probably also do a couple Google Hangouts at TBD times and dates.

Also, congrats about your newest sibling. πŸ˜€

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy

Nevermind; too late. I already enrolled. XD
              I’ll make it work. I daresay it won’t be difficult, but it never hurts to check. Thanks you guys!!! KeePers are awesome…

Daeus
              @daeus

@kate-flournoy Coolo. I didn’t know you were getting another sibling.

This is self-paced, however, as a beta tester, we would need your input by a certain time. I imagine you’ll be done with the course before March 15, so that should be fine.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy

Awesome! Thank you. *huge grin* @Aratrea

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy

@Daeus yep, number 11. πŸ˜€

Okay, I’ll have it to you by then barring unforeseen catastrophes. πŸ˜‰

Northerner
                    @northerner
                      • Total Posts: 244

Ooh! I’d love to do this!
                      Unfortunately. . . I’m busy. I could probably carve out time, but I’m not sure I can commit to it, and I’d rather not end up dropping out in the middle, or not being much help, because things got too busy. One of the drawbacks of taking college writing classes is that you have to write. And while I’m beginning to think a KP course would be more helpful than my current writing classes, I think I’ll have to wait. But this summer, if it’s available by then, it will take something very big to keep me from watching. Theme is one of the things I love best about a story.

But thanks for the notification, @Daeus, or I might not have seen this. By the way, have you gotten a chance to start the Ballad of the White Horse?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Northerner.
                      Daeus
                      @daeus

@northerner Yep, we’ll be doing an official launch this summer.

I finished the Ballad of the White Horse. Thanks for turning me on to it! My only complaint was that the historical Alfred is better, but the poetry was super impressive. I started The Ball and the Cross too. I think I’ll have to read more of Chesterton.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Anne Swiftblade
                        @anne-swiftblade
                          • Total Posts: 84

Signed up! Super excited about this!

One quick question…
                          Were will I find the forum we will be part of? I don’t see it anywhere.

Oh one more question πŸ˜›
                          Just to clarify, will the Beta Tester coarse be added onto as it goes or will it stay as it is now?

Daeus
                          @daeus

@anne-swiftblade It’s part of the regular forum. The topic for it is down at the very bottom below general site info. However, I believe there is a short delay between your registration and confirming that you can access the private forum.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Josiah DeGraaf
                            @aratrea
                              • Total Posts: 717

@anne-swiftblade Great to have you on board! There’s a document in the course page explaining how to request access, but since you posted here, I’ve gone ahead and given you access, so you should be seeing it now at the bottom of the page. πŸ™‚

We’ll be continuing to add lessons to the beta course until we have the whole course finished! Right now, I estimate it will take 2-3 weeks to get Lesson 9 up, and then we’ll be releasing one lesson a week until the course is finished.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper
                                • Total Posts: 3515

@aratrea @daeus
                                Signed up! πŸ˜€

β˜€ β˜€ β˜€ ENFP β˜€ β˜€ β˜€

Louise Fowler
                                @perfectfifths
                                  • Total Posts: 726

@daeus @aratrea

Wow, this looks amazing! I don’t know if I’ll be beta testing, but I’ll definitely ask my parents about signing up for the course, when it’s been released. I’m glad to know it’s self-paced, because I have a habit of taking a long time on these things πŸ˜‰

Thank you, guys, for all the effort you put into helping all us writers fulfil our desire to write for God’s glory! Kingdom Pen has been a wonderful, helpful experience, both in answering my own questions and giving answers to others. πŸ˜€

Currently reading Les Miserables

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >