Howdy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    aviantrail
    @aviantrail
      • Total Posts: 12

I’m new to the Kingdom Pen forums, though I’ve been reading the articles for quite a while. Excited to be taking part in this community!

Currently, I’m in college, but I was homeschooled for most of my life prior to starting college.

Um… Let’s see, I’m an ISFJ, I’m a crazy birder, and of course, I love writing. Major fandoms include Warrior Cats, Star Wars, and Marvel. I have a goldfish and a Tibetan Spaniel, and share the house with the family cats and the family dog (a Keeshond).

I have published a few short stories on the Odyssey. I have multiple fantasy novels in the works, but I have actually done a significant amount of writing on only one of them. Warriors fanfiction was my springboard into extensively writing fiction, and I still work on a couple of fanfics every now and then as stress relief.

"Reflect that I may be an acquired taste... Give me the same chance you would an olive." –Psmith

ClaireC
      @clairec
        • Total Posts: 628

Hey @aviantrail! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! 🙂 Hope you really love it here. How long have you been writing? Where in America are you from?

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Josiah DeGraaf
        @aratrea
          • Total Posts: 717

Hey @aviantrail–welcome to the site! Love that Wodehouse quote in your signature! Are those short stories fan-fictions for Homer’s Odyssey, or something different?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Ingrid
          @ingridrd
            • Total Posts: 830

@aviantrail  *waves enthusiastically*  Welcome!  I know this is a boring question, but where do you go to school?

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

@aviantrail Welcome. 😀

If you’re a Star Wars fan, would you happen to also be a Kylo Ren fan?

No death threats if you’re not, but I’m just saying. I think he’s pretty cool. 😛 😉

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

The fledgling Artist
              @notawriter
                • Total Posts: 328

@aviantrail Hello! And howdy do to you too! 😀
                I like Star Wars too! Does being a crazy birder include birdwatching? That’s a SUPER cool hobby! 😀

and I was so confused

MNValentine
                @mnvalentine
                  • Total Posts: 123

@aviantrail Welcome! I, too, was homeschooled and am now in college 🙂 What kind of music do you like to listen to and who are some of your favorite artists?

Silence! Silence everyone, for the king's speech!

Skredder
                  @skredder
                    • Total Posts: 527

@aviantrail Howdy! Fellow ISFJ here. *waves*

It has been so long since I’ve read Warrior Cats. Who’s your favorite character?

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

LivGiordano
                    @livgiordano
                      • Total Posts: 86

Welcome! @aviantrail Do you have many siblings? I have four younger ones. What’s your favorite color?

www.livforhim.wordpress.com

Jenna Terese
                      @jenwriter17
                        • Total Posts: 2522

@aviantrail Welcome! I LOOOOOVE Stars Wars and Marvel too? Tell me you’ve seen The Last Jedi!!!!!!!!! Do you have a favorite superhero? I really like Captain America and Hawkeye.

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                        www.jennaterese.com

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99
                          • Total Posts: 1819

Welcome to KP, @aviantrail! I second Daeus’ question about Kylo Ren. He’s amazing and if you don’t like him, I’m sure we can convince you otherwise. *ahem*

Do you have a current work in progress?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Sam Kowal
                          @sam-kowal
                            • Total Posts: 635

@aviantrail 😀 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

I like Star Wars, too. 😀 Also, I read several Warrior books a while back. I liked them, and I always thought it was funny how there was this epic fantasy cat world basically on the side of a country road and in someone’s back woods (the Thunderpath, right?)

What is your main book about?

Also, I like that profile pic 😉

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                            Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

aviantrail
                            @aviantrail

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! 🙂

@clairec
                              I’ve been writing for at least 6 or 7 years, and I am from the beautiful state of Oregon.

@aratrea
                              There is a website called the Odyssey, which is primarily a platform for college students to share their thoughts on all sorts of subjects. My school, Corban, has its own community of writers on the Odyssey. Mostly I’ve been doing more blog-type posts there, but I have written the occasional short story and poem.

@ingridrd
                              I go to Corban University!

@daeus
                              Haha I’m kind of conflicted on Kylo Ren to be honest… at least, I’m not sure if I personally like him, but I do think he is one of the most interesting characters in the Star Wars movies.

@notawriter
                              Birdwatching is what the general public calls my hobby, but when it begins to take over your life… That’s when we start calling ourselves birders and not just birdwatchers, haha. 😀

@mnvalentine
                              I like classical music and film scores, as well as just a lot of random stuff from musicals and old pop. I practically grew up on the Beatles. Pink Martini, which is a band from Oregon, is also one of my favorites.

@skredder
                              Yay for ISFJ! My favorite Warriors character is probably Hollyleaf. I feel like she had much better character development than most of the other characters in the series.

@livgiordano
                              I have an older brother and a younger sister. Favorite color? Hard to say, I like a lot of colors… I’ve always liked pink, and more recently gray, but I also love a lot of natural earthy greens and browns.

@jenwriter17
                              I saw TLJ, and apart from a few weird scenes, I thought it was great! Captain America and Thor are my favorite superheroes. I should mention my Marvel knowledge is limited to the movies; I haven’t read the comic books. But the Avengers are great—each of us in my high school debate club got to have an Avengers personality, and I ended up as Cap! So that was fun.

"Reflect that I may be an acquired taste... Give me the same chance you would an olive." –Psmith

Daeus
                              @daeus
                                • Total Posts: 4238

@aviantrail Well, that’s an excellent start at least. Hopefully you’ll learn to like him in the next movie.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

aviantrail
                                @aviantrail

@that_writer_girl_99 Huge fan of Kylo Ren, maybe not… but I think he’s had a lot of good character development and I reeeaally want to see him redeemed. I technically have a work in progress (~30k words so far), but I haven’t worked on it since Camp Nanowrimo in July, thanks to being on the semester system which meant I started school in August.

@sam-kowal
                                  Yep, the Thunderpath! 🙂 I’ve come to realize that the books aren’t especially well-written, but the world is so much fun. As for my main book? It’s definitely fantasy, but with a hefty dose of suspense and political intrigue thrown in, taking place in a society of intelligent animals (the main character is a jaguarundi who is trying to balance taking care of her family with solving mysterious happenings and preventing the government from collapsing).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >