How to Spot a Kapeefer

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions How to Spot a Kapeefer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

I thought this might be an interesting topic. How does one spot a Kapeefer in public? I thought up a few things…

• Puts asterisks in front of written actions all the time. Like this: *points*
      • Used to not mention dragons at all, but now talks about them all the time
      • Wears a KP shirt *mindblown at nuanced observation*
      • Drops random weird KP quotes and references in everyday conversation

Anyone else have any ideas?

@dragon-snapper
        @daughteroftheking  @epicaddie2  @ethryndal  @daeus  @aratrea  @the-real-kapeefer  @mariposa  @emily  @sam-kowal  @KAPEEFERS!!

You can pronounce it however you want.

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 859

@dekreel Ooh, this will be a cool topic!

Well, this might only be true in our household, since both Emily and I are on KP, but it seems like we are constantly jabbering about funny conversations, helpful writing topics, and the latest KP Literature.

(BTW, I think that other people besides Kapeefers use asterisks in front of actions. I might be wrong though…)

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1330

@dekreel Yup. We’re constantly talking about King Daeus, @dragon-snapper’s gifs, etc.

Let’s see, other stuff:

• Um, first let’s state the #1 obvious: We love writing. Duh.
          • We’re constantly throwing gifs around
          • There seem to be a lot of dragon inhabitants

That’s all I can think of right now. My brain is tired.

Sam Kowal
          @sam-kowal
            • Total Posts: 635

@dekreel 😀 Good idea

Well, if you see someone being followed around by an orange dragon… it might be Stan and me.

Also… talks about writing and the craft of writing all the time

Asks you what your MBTI is… and talks about MBTI’s a LOT

Transforms into a dragon or other mythical beast

Uses the word ‘bestistest’ to describe things

Reads a lot of books, and uses a mix of critical analysis and complete fangirling/fanboying to talk about those books

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
            Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Ethryndal
            @ethryndal
              • Total Posts: 1013

@Dekreel We are a very rare and intriguing species. For instance, no discussion ever stays on topic. Someone’s talking about the thematic contrast of light vs. dark? Well that’s great, but Snapper and I are going to talk about doorknobs, and Emma will eventually pop in and we’ll all end up crying about the ending of Rogue One.

Impromptu ice cream parties are known to happen often.

Zikers is the official exclamation, courtesy of @GracieGirl .

Gifs are the official language. Particularly gifs of How to Train Your Dragon and Loki.

We can go from talking about magic lint to some deep serious topic, like the ethics of taking on a different identity (is it lying? Is that sort of lying wrong? I’m still not sure), in 0.0003 seconds.

Dragons. Just dragons, everywhere.

Nobody’s name is pronounceable, but no one cares.

If you don’t know what your MBTI type is, you don’t belong here.

Newbies get mobbed. It’s the official KP greeting.

Everyone is in the acknowledgements of everyone’s book, because everyone beta-read’s everyone’s stuff.

That was a confusing sentence.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice
                • Total Posts: 3365

@dekreel

@ethryndal
                got it mostly in a nutshell.

Kapeefers also like to add unnecessary letters to words. For example, best becomes bestiest and awesome becomes awesomeist.

We are very fond of our king. I’m not sure if we’re all loyal to him though.

Like Ethryndal mentioned, those without MBTIs are pressured until they either find out or leave forever. There’s no place for the MBTIless here.

We apparently like raspberries.

And ice cream.

And frogs.

And someone might randomly sprout wings or horns or show off their cyborg hand. Stuff like that.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

NC Stokes
                @daughteroftheking
                  • Total Posts: 1156

@dekreel

*British narrator voice* To spot a Kapeefer, one must be very stealthy. On wrong move (AKA a spelling error like the one in this sentence), and you will scare your target away. Or, they will trip over themselves trying to correct you. 😉 Other definite signs of Kapeeferness:

– Sneaking up on unsuspecting newbies and saying “welcome to the bestiest place on the internet!” Those newbies then have a better idea of what website they just joined. ;D

– Raspberries. RASPBERRIES. RASPBERRIES. 

– Is probably sitting on the floor, because their chair is now a pile of melted goop.

– Glitter. So. Much. Glitter. And confetti, too.

– Sidekicks. Sidekicks are cool, especially when they’re dinosaurs or dragons… or tigers! *pats Reggie’s head*

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Ben Powell
                  @supermonkey42
                    • Total Posts: 273

@dekreel Uh… everything I was going to say was already said by someone else. *shrugs*

@seekjustice
                    *gasp* Are you implying that there may be traitors to our noble king residing in this very forum??? We must find them immediately and give them our harshest punishment! (That being no ice cream for a month. 😉 )

@daughteroftheking
                    New favorite word: Kapeeferness.

A Kapeefer for life!
                    Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice
                      • Total Posts: 3365

@supermonkey42 I believe there were some insurrectionists at one stage or another, but I wouldn’t want to point fingers or anything. *pulls up hood, twirls sabre and walks away, glancing shiftily behind*

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper
                        • Total Posts: 3515

@supermonkey42 I may or may not have been one of those insurrectionists…

@dekreel

.Walking up to people and saying ‘HI, I’m a Kapeefer!’
                        .Ceaselessly pointing out cliches and stereotypes.
                        .corrects grammar
                        .love ice cream way too much. Even if they don’t like ice cream, they love the thought of it.
                        .coffee. Yep. Just coffee.
                        .and they have no chairs. Your welcome. 😀

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 859

@dekreel This topic is too good! Oh, ya, I forgot to mention MBTI. I’m personally addicted to it now, and can type people pretty accurately, if I do say so myself ; ). Only because of KP.

Newbies get mobbed. It’s the official KP greeting.

@ethryndal
                          It never crossed my mind how true that is. XD

Ethryndal
                          @ethryndal

@Shannon I remember when I first wrote my introduction post a year ago. I’m pretty sure that within half an hour, it already had eight replies. It was nerve-wracking. XD

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Joy
                            @dekreel
                              • Total Posts: 2304

@daughteroftheking XD XD XD I totally heard David Attenborough’s voice as I read yours XD

@ethryndal
                                @shannon  Oh, it is true! I was attacked very quickly as a newbie.

I loved it XD

You can pronounce it however you want.

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 1330

@dekreel

• Anybody who likes soy ice cream is a traitor!!! Come on, KeePers. ‘Fess up.

@ethryndal
                                That was amazing. How did you think of all of that?

@dragon-snapper
                                Corrects grammar. Very true, dear Snapper. Very true.

COFFEEEEEEEE!!!!!! *wishes she could have some right now*

Oh, and how come I’m sitting on a chair right now, dear Snapper.

Ethryndal
                                @ethryndal

@Emily Perks of being what I call “One of the Veterans”. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >