How to publish a book on Amazon

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Publishing & Platform How to publish a book on Amazon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Destiny
    @destiny
      • Total Posts: 37

How do you self-publish a paperback book on Amazon? Any and all recommendations are welcome.

Now to tag everyone that I know has a published book…

@daeus
      @hope @kate-flournoy @rolena-hatfield @self-published-authors

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@destiny Well, you can get books printed from anywhere and then sell them through Amazon, but I assume you’re talking about how to get published through Createspace.

Createspace is an Amazon company that does printing on demand. Somebody orders your book, they print it and ship it. You sit back and enjoy yourself. It’s cool.

So, to self-publish through Createspace, you need to have a properly formatted pdf version of your book and a properly formatted cover. A professional cover designer will cover the cover formatting for you. If you design it yourself, you’ll need to learn how to do that.

You can pay for internal formatting or learn to do it yourself. Word and Scrivener are both good for formatting the inside of your book. I can’t describe the process here, because there’s a lot to it, but I was able to learn everything I needed to know in one day.

If you have your formatting right, you basically just upload your cover and interior onto Createspace, check to make sure it turns out well, and then you’re good to go.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Destiny
        @destiny
          • Total Posts: 37

@daeus , Okay, thanks! Are there any resources you recommend for learning how to do the formatting?

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

@destiny I believe Createspace has articles on how to format using Word. For Scrivener, youtube is the best way to learn.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

LivyLynn
            @livylynn
              • Total Posts: 21

Hey there! I’ve used Amazon’s Create Space and they’re great, I’d totally recommend it! I wrote a Blog Post awhile back, which walks you through the whole process. https://autumnreadsandwritesallday.blogspot.com/2017/03/my-top-8-self-publishing-tips-livy.html

Rolena Hatfield
              @rolena-hatfield
                • Total Posts: 405

@destiny When I published I went through a kind of third party which put my e-book on Amazon. So I’m afraid I’m no help. But Daeus knows what he’s talking about. 🙂
                Are you thinking of publishing with Createspace?

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >