How has your character changed?

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί Fiction Writing β€Ί Characters β€Ί How has your character changed?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Adry_Grace
    @adry_grace
      • Total Posts: 169

Now personally, I think he’s an idiot, but he’s also incredibly dashing.

@Daeus
      Ha! That made me laugh. Drake sounds like a great character. Stupid but dashing characters are my favorites. πŸ™‚

@kate-flournoy
      lol thank goodness. i think i annoy my friends sometimes…

@vanna
      It’s amazing how what goes on during the obsessive-brainstorming stage isn’t it?

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Oh, and it’s interesting too, because the girl he rescued also changed as soon as he arrived on the scene. Before, she had been a bit vague and I had doubts whether she might end up as a cliche. She seemed too quiet at times, but after Drake appeared, I saw that she was strong willed as well as perceptive as well as somewhat meek (which is an interesting combination).

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Vanna
        @vanna
          • Total Posts: 48

@Adry_Grace Oh yes, the stories I could tell. Especially considering my personal obsessive-brainstorming has been around since I was twelve. It’s sheer size is getting ridiculous, but I’m not going to lie, watching it grow and change into something that I think is actually worth writing down has been pretty amazing.

Vanna
          @vanna

@Daeus That does sound like an interesting combination. It’s sometimes the characters with the unlikely combination of traits that end up being among the most fascinating. Do you have a title for the story?

BlueJay
            @bluejay
              • Total Posts: 1622

When I read the bit that you posted @adry_grace about Eon and Egypt, I thought of her as a love interest. πŸ™‚ If that’s any help with deciding what to make her.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by BlueJay.
              • This reply was modified 8 years ago by BlueJay.
              Daeus
              @daeus

@vanna Yeah, I just wish all my characters could be that unique. The books called Edwin Brook – That’s my MC’s name. It’s got a deep plot. I probably bit off more than I could chew when I started, but I think I can handle it now.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Adry_Grace
                @adry_grace
                  • Total Posts: 169

@vanna I agree!! It would be amazing to be able to physically see a story grow somehow, to see it grow from this little town with a couple characters I thought would fit well to an entire world in catastrophe and all these characters with different relationships with each other going in and out of plot. Man that would be cool to see…

@bluejay
                  Okay! Thanks for letting me know. If anything, I know that I’m doing something right if I continue to write their relationship that way, which is likely.

Vanna
                  @vanna

You have a really cool name @Daeus . I love complex plots. I’d like to write something like that eventually, but I figured it would be best to start with something simpler for my first attempt. Great to hear you got a handle on it! πŸ™‚ So are you editing it now?

Daeus
                    @daeus

@vanna Well, I’m actually on the third to last chapter. I’m hoping I can finish it and give it the first round of editing by sometime in July then tidy it up some more and hopefully get it published before the end of the year.

The complicated plot has been – well, complicated, but it can be good to stretch yourself.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Hope Ann
                      @hope
                        • Total Posts: 1092

I’ve one character who was only supposed to be in a scene, as part of background and setting for another character. But as soon as he slammed through the inn door, I knew he’d need a subplot of his own. He developed surprisingly swiftly…I hardly had to plan it. Just figure out how to get him a decent place in the story, which ended up not being too hard. πŸ˜‰

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Kate Flournoy
                        @kate-flournoy
                          • Total Posts: 3976
                          Hope Ann
                          @hope

@Kate-Flournoy No, Captain Tor

Anna Brie
                            @anna-brie
                              • Total Posts: 312

@hope I can why you needed to enlarge Captain Tor. I like him.

BTW, I had given The Final clash to one of my brothers to see what he thought and a few days ago I heard him reading it to my other younger brother (the one who writes). I think he must really like it.

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 3976

Sweet. Yeah, I can definitely see why you wanted to enlarge on him… πŸ˜‰

Hope Ann
                                @hope

Yes, he’s the first character who practically wrote himself. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >