Hope finally has her wish.

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hope finally has her wish.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

@northerner A ballad about Alfred? *freaks out* I HAVE to read that.

Ok, I just downloaded it off Amazon. Thanks for the recommendation.

A book on postmodernism could be great. Let me know if you write it.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Northerner
      @northerner
        • Total Posts: 244

@Daeus Yes! It’s really good! Have you read anything of Chesterton’s before?

For anyone else who might be interested, it’s available free on Project Gutenberg.

Daeus
        @daeus

@northerner I’ve read some Father Brown stories, which I really liked. I think that’s all though.

Btw, the book’s free on kindle too.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Northerner
          @northerner

@Daeus, Chesterton wrote something in just about everything. He’s mostly known for the Father Brown stories, but he wrote other detective stories too — try the Club of Queer Trades. He also wrote essays about famous writers in which he talks less about the writers who are the subjects than about ideas of aesthetics and morality and art. He wrote books that lie somewhere between philosophy and theology — Heretics, Orthodoxy, books on Aquinas and Francis of Assisi. He wrote plays and poetry and novels (The Ball and the Cross is one of the best). He’s one of my favourite writers, and I highly recommend him.

Daeus
            @daeus

@northerner Thanks. I really think I’ll check him out.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Ethryndal
              @ethryndal
                • Total Posts: 1013

Welcome, @northerner! I am Ethryndal, the resident Elf. Everyone on KP is insane to some extent, so I think you’ll fit right in. 🙂 Oh, and you like to quote? Now I like you more… 😉

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper
                  • Total Posts: 3515

@northerner
                  so, you quote? And you are contrary? *eyes you suspiciously*
                  Excellent. I myself am a rebel.
                  I, Dragon Snapper, one of the only resident dragons–not excluding @kate-flournoy – welcome you here. It is fantabulous. Be warned of the dragons. Fatefully, though not without my dissent, I myself am one: a dragon. It causes no disadvantage to me in writing. 😛

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Snapper.
                  • This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Northerner
                  @northerner

Isn’t it hard to hold a pen with claws? Or are you perhaps a wyrm and you use your tail? (That could actually be really handy, come to think of it.) I am not a dragon, but some days I’d like to be. Being human is hard.

Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper

@northerner Nope, not a wyrm, or a wyvern. I’m a bigger and more awesome version of a Night Fury. 😀 I hold it with my mouth, and at times I manage with my claws. But most of the time I sit at my computer to do things.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Northerner
                      @northerner

NIIIIIGHT FURYYYYY!
                        Ahem. That movie gets quoted a fair bit in our house too. My sister’s cat looks a lot like Toothless, and acts a lot like him too.When he runs between people’s feet to get into the house (where he’s not supposed to be), we’ll often yell that so that people on the other side of the door can catch him.
                        Is there such a thing as a dragon that’s like a Night Fury only better?

Ethryndal
                        @ethryndal
                          • Total Posts: 1013

*randomly popping in where I’m probably not wanted* @northerner Of course there is! There’s a Dragon Snapper!

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Christine Eaton
                          @christi-eaton
                            • Total Posts: 306

@northerner Welcome to the Kingdom. Seeing Kingdom Pen growing is an amazing thing. We have had so many newcomers recently, and it makes my heart so happy. 🙂 🙂 🙂 I just can’t express how much love I have for this website, and I hope you will find that too. There is always encouragement to be found here. I look forward to conversing with you more. 🙂

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper

@ethryndal @northerner And the wonderful thing about Dragon Snappers is…I’m the only one! (who can get that reference–northerner, I won’t melt any of your chairs if you get it right. :P)

@northerner
                              Yeah, Ethryndal’s right. I just so happen to be better than a Night Fury. Hiccup is so mad at me. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

BlueJay
                              @bluejay
                                • Total Posts: 1622

@dragon-snapper *rushes in* Don’t melt any chairs! It comes from Winnie-the-pooh. Tigger says it. “The wonderful things about tiggers is I’m the only one…I’m the only one.”

Louise Fowler
                                @perfectfifths
                                  • Total Posts: 726

@northerner

I’ll definitely take a wee look at that site. Are these kingdoms all over the world, or just in the U.K, ‘cuz I’m in Australia…

Basically if you have a hobby you can find its period equivalent in the SCA
                                  That’s awesome! Would that happen to include playing authentic, period musical instruments? 😀

I, too, mostly delves into the realms of fantasy, though I haven’t written very much that’s worthy of Lewis or Tolkien – it’s my goal to write something as epic a Narnia and Lord of the Rings, though!
                                  Just out of curiosity, what are your views on magic in Christian fantasy?

We do have wars, though, where people try to kill their friends without hurting them.
                                  Erm… You do mean “pretend” killing, right???

By the way, my sister is a musician too. She plays violin…
                                  LOL, I was confused by how you mentioned this, because I never mentioned being a musician (then I realise it was my username and pic 😉 ) As you can probably guess from that, I play violin as well, for about 18 months. How long has your sister been playing (and is there any chance she’ll be joining us in the Kingdom of Pen? 😀 )

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Louise Fowler.

Currently reading Les Miserables

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >