Hiya KeePers!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hiya KeePers!!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    The fledgling Artist
    @notawriter
      • Total Posts: 328

@ashlyvye I’m reading a book with lots of stories about missionarys.. Or rather fictional people who have their lives impacted by missionarys. The ones about Amy Charmichael and David Zeisberger  are my favorites so far. And I’ve started reading The lord of the rings.. Though I’ve been been very proactive about that. 🙂

and I was so confused

Sam Kowal
      @sam-kowal
        • Total Posts: 635

@ashlyvye XD Yep. Stan’s full name is Giarstanornarak, although it’s actually this odd dragon-culture title where the ‘rna’ is an honorific and his normal name is Giarstanorak. Sort of like ‘Brightlord’. XD I’m definitely not a crazy person

Yes, it’s Dalinar himself having the visions in the highstorms… actually, I don’t think I remember Dalinar thinking about or mentioning his father at all. Adolin’s father, though, is Dalinar, and Adolin has some point-of-view chapters, so it’s Adolin’s father having the visions.

XD XD Exactly! I say storms all the time, with my friends who understand it. Otherwise, I’m afraid people would start giving me pitying looks and whispering sadly of my mind…

I haven’t read Mistborn yet, but I am familiar with some of the characters just from reading Brandon’s website… I really want to read it. 😀 If it’s anything like Stormlight, though, I’m going to be addicted.

XD 😛 Did you get your ‘bad’ metaphors from David in the Reckoners? (Although that metaphor wasn’t bad. It was storming perfect XD XD)

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
        Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Bella B.
        @ashlyvye
          • Total Posts: 96

@sam-kowal      Yes, you are definitely not crazy.

Yeah, I was probably thinking about Adolin then, thanks.

In my mind, I’m always using Mistborn words, but if I said them out loud then they would probably be taken as a *hem* bad word (in Mistborn they say ‘Lord Ruler’ though that’s because there’s a guy in charge that calls himself the Lord Ruler and…  If I say any more there’d be spoilers!)

*insert awesome signature because I'm a bit too lazy to come up with one*

Bella B.
          @ashlyvye

@notawriter   Cool!  What’s it called?  That’s a fun idea for a book… fictional missionary stories (I know that’s not exactly what you said, I’m just thinking…)

Sam Kowal
            @sam-kowal

@ashlyvye

Bella B.
              @ashlyvye

@sam-kowal  I just realized I only responded to most of your message, my bad.

I think yes.  After I read The Reckoners (and somewhat beforehand) I was constantly making some strange connections with things that wouldn’t have otherwise been connected.  Like this one time, my friend asked me if I had ideas for what to do next and I said I was as try as a giant Canadian flag buried in a sand truck and then taken to California to burn in the hot summer sun.

Yep.  Anyway, I think I got it half from David, half from that little part of me that likes making people crazy with misunderstanding.  😉    Do you ever do that?  Find a character you like or a habit of a character you like, copy it in real life and end up making it a habit?  I think I get around a quarter of what I do from books, I just don’t know if other’s do the same.

Bella B.
                @ashlyvye

@sam-kowal  Did you mean to tag me but not say anything?

The fledgling Artist
                  @notawriter
                    • Total Posts: 328

@ashlyvye Trailblazers by Dave and Neta Jackson. 😉 Its not really spectacular.. I think since its a collection of short stories you don’t get very attached to any of the characters (Well there were these two characters from two different stories I liked.. but both of them died.) but it’s cool if you’re looking to read about missionaries. 😉

and I was so confused

Bella B.
                    @ashlyvye

@notawriter   Yeah, it sounds like fun.

Have you read End of the Spear?  I love that one.  It’s a true story about a family who went to the Amazon (I think) and taught the people there about God.  The father and husband of the family was killed by the people, but no one in the world knew why so many people around the world came to look for these lost men (it was the man and his two or three friends.)  Years later his son (who was 6 at the time I think) went back there and figured out what happened to his father, but he forgave them and preached to them about the Lord, many of them becoming Christians. My father is actually personal friends with the main guy in it, though I didn’t find that out until after I declared it my favorite missionary story.

Sorry if you already read it and I just explained all that.  I just really like that story.

Sam Kowal
                      @sam-kowal

@ashlyvye XD no. Huh. Somehow my message dissapeared when I tried to post it

Yes! I have done that before. I know what you mean aout picking up parts of things from books, though. If its not something I would normally do at all, I wouldn’t pick it up. Wheras if its something I kind of already have, then I’ll get part of it from the book.

So I can see how you would get half of it from David XD

I guess I pick up habits the way people pick out things at stores- whatever appeals to them or they feel like they need

Ben Powell
                        @supermonkey42
                          • Total Posts: 273

@ashlyvye

Wow. I am EXTREMELY late. Somehow I missed this thread until now. But then I saw you had Vin as your profile pic and just had to comment! 😉

I am currently reading Hero of Ages (Mistborn book 3). I only discovered Brandon Sanderson earlier this year when I started Steelheart…and then I read the entire Reckoners Trilogy in a week. Mr. Sanderson was instantly catapulted to the top of my favorite writers list.

I am anxiously awaiting the conclusion of Mistborn. I’m going to start Stormlight Archive when I’m done, I think.

(Is it just me or has anyone else started talking like Sazed? 😉 )

Anyways, sorry for the long ramble, and welcome to the Kingdom of the Pen! 😀

A Kapeefer for life!
                          Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Bella B.
                          @ashlyvye

@sam-kowal         Yeah.  That’s a fun way of putting it!

Anyway, other than Brandon Sanderson what do you like to read?

Bella B.
                            @ashlyvye

@supermonkey42   Thank you!  My mom thought my profile pic was that of a ghoul or something.  Yes, it’s Vin.  🙂

Believe me, the conclusion to Mistborn is satisfying yet…. sad.  I love the ending, don’t get me wrong, but it made me cry.

Yes, I think we all have started talking like Harmony *scribbles out* Sazed.  (You won’t know what I mean my Harmony until you read the second trilogy… which I haven’t though my friend told me about it.)

Thanks for the welcome!  I’m glad to meet you!

Sam Kowal
                              @sam-kowal

@ashlyvye Besides Brandon Sanderson, other fantasy and classics, mostly- Harry Potter, The Inheritance Cycle, Ashtown Burials by ND Wilson, Lord of the Rings, Narnia, The Prydain Chronicles, etc
                                I’ve also read a lot of older books for school, Like A Tale of Two Cities, Beowulf, Jane Eyre, etc.

😀 Other than of course Sanderson, what about you?

@supermonkey42
                                😀 He’s definitely on the top of my list, too. I need to read Mistborn still, but the Stormlight Archive is amazing

Bella B.
                                @ashlyvye

@sam-kowal   Surprisingly, before Brandon Sanderson, I didn’t read much… I mean, I loved to read but none of them were really good books.

I do like The Little Princess (a classic,) Robinson Crusoe (another classic,) and… uhh… Yeah, that’s about all I can think of.

Two things:  Good job on the six-word story!   And did you notice your name sounds very similar to Simon Cowal’s?  Just sayin’.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 108 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >