Hiya KeePers!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hiya KeePers!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Skredder
    @skredder
      • Total Posts: 527

@ashlyvye Heyo! You can call me Skredder or you can call me Taylor. Technically, they are the same thing. Skredder means “tailor” in Norse, and that’s what Taylor means. So, either one I guess. 🙂

Superpowers are awesome! It’s always fun to just sit around and try to come up with new powers or rethink powers already used, and try to use them in a different way.

Um, I tend to write either medieval stories or futuristic stories. I’ve got four projects right now. Two of them range from 1000 AD to 1600 AD. And the other two are futuristic. One specifically takes place way in the future. The other is present day but in space.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Ingrid
      @ingridrd
        • Total Posts: 830

@ashlyvye  Hello, there!  Have you heard of Pottermore??  It’s pretty neat…I’m a Hufflepuff, by the way.  Anyway, welcome!

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Bella B.
        @ashlyvye
          • Total Posts: 96

You looked up your name in Norse?  Nice! That is a really good idea!

Ooo, medieval and futuristic?  That sounds interesting!  I find it funny you like writing story’s in completely different time periods.  What kind of things do you like to read?

*insert awesome signature because I'm a bit too lazy to come up with one*

Bella B.
          @ashlyvye

@ingridrd      Hi!  Yes, I have an account on Pottermore and am in Gryffindor there too!    Other than Harry Potter, what kind of books do you like reading (and writing)?

Skredder
            @skredder
              • Total Posts: 527

@ashlyvye Well, usually I like reading mystery and action and adventure stories: Nancy Drew, Kingdom’s Dawn, Raiders From the Sea, A Wrinkle in Time. Usually, I’m not big on reading historical fiction, but the latest two books I’m reading are historical fiction and they are really good…in my opinion. 🙂

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

MNValentine
              @mnvalentine
                • Total Posts: 123

@ashlyvye Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!! I love Marvel too, although I confess I didn’t care for Wonder Woman and don’t expect to like Thor: Ragnarok… Batman Begins was good though, although that’s the only Batman movie I’ve seen. Anyway. Enough of that. Nice to meet a fellow Gryffindor! Although I’m kind of split between Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw… I think it’s my disregard for the rules that lands me in Gryffindor.

What’s your patronus? And how long have you been writing?

Silence! Silence everyone, for the king's speech!

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine
                  • Total Posts: 3322

@ashlyvye Rochellaine is good.  😀  Sorry, but I prefer to be mostly anonymous on the internet.  My “name” is a merger of the names of two of my favorite actresses: Rochelle Hudson and Jeanne Crain.  Funny, you’re the first person who’s said they thought my name wasn’t my real one. 😀  But everyone calls me just Rochellaine around here.

Favorite? How do you pick just one? Well, maybe Superman – but not the modern broody ones.  I actually haven’t seen any of the Superman movies, but I’ve seen clips of them and read the synopses, so out of the movie Supermen I would choose the 1978 original with Christopher Reeve.  Especially since that was back when they still included “The American Way” in his “why I’m here” speeches.  I also like the TV Superman played by Dean Cain in Lois and Clark, but just the first three seasons.  After that the show turned weird and kinda dark and I don’t watch the later episodes.  The first couple of seasons are really cute, though. 😀

After Superman it would be Flash; the version by Grant Gustin – again, only in the first two seasons. 😀  As for Batman, I think he’s cool, but my favorite version of him would have to be the 1966 campy show with Adam West.  Have you seen any of that?  It’s hilarious.  Wonder Woman is only okay, sorry. 🙂 I also like the Green Arrow some.

Funny I realize I know so much about this stuff, when most of the stuff I watch is old 1940s/50s dramas and musicals with minimum action and no superpowers…

I sing all the time.  I take voice lessons, so that’s my main instrument.  I also “middlin'” play violin, piano, and harp, all classical style.  With voice, I sing both classical/opera and old Americana (1860s to 1960s).

And don’t worry about rambling…I do it all the time! 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

The fledgling Artist
                  @notawriter
                    • Total Posts: 328

@ashlyvye
                    Welcome, welcome to the kingdom of pen! We’re glad to have you ^.^
                    Superheros huh? I have a superhero story too! (And I used to have a character named Reese! He sadly doesn’t exist anymore tho)
                    Ehem anyways.. What sorts of things do you like to do when you’re not writing? Any other hobbies? 😀

and I was so confused

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine
                      • Total Posts: 3322

@ashlyvye Oh!  I forgot to ask…Do you like Star Trek?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ingrid
                      @ingridrd
                        • Total Posts: 830

@ashlyvye  Oh cool!  I write fantasy and fiction and read the same.  Some of my favorite books besides Harry Potter are Lord of the Rings, The Giver Quartet, and Percy Jackson.  🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Bella B.
                        @ashlyvye

@mnvalentine       I liked the emotion in Wonder Woman.  I’ll admit that I wish there was a bit more of a character arc in several of the characters (mainly the bad guys, I wish they were slightly more important in the story…) but in my opinion, I think it was really fun.

I know you’re thinking that Ragnarok is going to be like the first and second of Thor (which weren’t very funny at all) but this one is totally different.  They got a new director with this super weird name (it’s islandish and sounds really cool) and this guy decided to flip the movie around, shake it a few times, then set it down on the rocky grounds of hilarious with a hint of seriousness in the comedy (sorry about that, if we talk more you’ll find I tend to use strange metaphors like this…)   There are tons of jokes (like when -not a spoiler, promise- Thor has to fight Hulk, then he turned back into Banner much later and asks who won.  Thor says: “I won. Easily.” When he would have won if *bleep-spoiler* didn’t happen) and the whole movie plot is so much more fun then the past movies!

*hem* *hem*  Annnyywwwaayyy, I think that may be the same reason I’m in Gryffindor.  I mean, I love to learn rules but tend to find perfectly logical reasons to break them anyway.  Like earlier in this thread, I tagged six people instead of five in the same post.  I’m a total rulebreaker.  😉

Okay, so my Patronus is a house cat.  Don’t think of Umbridge, please.  I have one cat, she has three.  I have a Ragdoll cat, she has tabby cats (I think…)    I got a Porcupine on Pottermore, but decided to change it myself because I <i>despise</i> Porcupines (thinks to self: You don’t hate porcupines.  You just love Ragdolls so much more than them and decided they must be your Patronus)

I’ve been writing for about a year and a half.  Before that, I didn’t like writing at all.  I could barely write a page an a half in a week.  Now I can write a thousand words per day and love it!  What about you?

Bella B.
                          @ashlyvye

@skredder    I’m usually not a fan of Historical Fiction as well.  In fact, when I told my friend I didn’t like history, in general, she sorta freaked out.   I’ve been told A Wrinkle in Time is one I should read several times, how far through are you?

Bella B.
                            @ashlyvye

@ingridrd      I love Lord of the Rings!  I’ve watched the movies about 5 times each and plan to read the books soon… probably.  Are the books much better than the movies?  They’re just so long I’m not sure if I want to take all that time to read it when I’ve already watched them all.

Bella B.
                              @ashlyvye

@notawriter          That’s cool!  At first, when my friend chose Reese as his name I wasn’t sure, but it seems to tie in nicely with everything (we still haven’t decided if we’re going to get the Reese Peanut Butter cups or something like that and add it in for fun. 🙂

Other than reading, writing, and drawing, I like climbing trees, all outdoor sports (especially Baseball, Soccer, and Basketball,) playing with my little sister, creating random things like small igloos (the packing snow is crazy where I’m on vacation,) making jewelry, Ping-Pong, talking with my friends, and getting ahead in school (I homeschool.)  What do you like to do when you’re not writing or reading?

Joy
                                @dekreel
                                  • Total Posts: 2304

@ashlyvye  Yeah, I know it’s everywhere…

Right, I listen to a lot of Christian music, too. But my favorite thing right now to listen to is instrumental music. Especially new age music.

I love TobyMac! He’s one of my favorite singers! Which is your favorite album? Mine is This is Not a Test. Have you ever listened to Switchfoot or Hollyn?

Ahh, you like Harry Potter! And you know your house!! So far I have only read the first book, but I really want to read the other ones. My house is Ravenclaw 🙂

Which online test would you recommend for figuring out a house? The one that I took didn’t have percentages

You can pronounce it however you want.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 108 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >