Hiya KeePers!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hiya KeePers!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Bella B.
    @ashlyvye
      • Total Posts: 96

Hi everyone!  I just joined Kingdom Pen a few days ago (actually a little while ago but I didn’t get the email…) and, though I’ve read many KP posts, I never posted anything or checked out the forums so I’m really excited to find my way around here and get to know all of you!

I realized I didn’t write about writing above so, hmm.  I like writing a lot (obviously) but don’t get a ton of time to do so, but I search it out and dig up time to write anyway.  🙂     I also love reading; my favorite author is Brandon Sanderson (if you don’t know who this is, then…. then… then we’ll have a sword fight until you agree to read the Mistborn trilogy.)

Anyway, I really want to meet you all so please go ahead and let me get to know you!

*insert awesome signature because I'm a bit too lazy to come up with one*

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

@ashlyvye  Welcome to the bestest place in Cyberspace!! *graciously lets someone else say………..*

I suppose I don’t have to ask you what your favorite books are. 😉 But I’ll ask anyway: What other books do you like?

I haven’t read Brandon Sanderson. I think I’ve heard the name though. *nervously extends claws* X)

Do you have a favorite movie?

You can pronounce it however you want.

Bella B.
        @ashlyvye

You.  Are.  Funny.  I’m not kidding, I was laughing several times through that post.

Other than Mistborn I like The Stormlight Archives, Alcatraz Smedry VS. The Evil Librarians, The Bible (that… was obvious 😉 ,  Harry Potter, Robinson Crusoe, The Abbreviated version of The Count of Monty Cristo (however you spell that…), and The Reckoners Series.  In case your wondering: Yes.  Three of these are also Brandon Sanderson.  I can’t believe you haven’t read his work!  It’s so detailed and interesting!

My favorite movie would be *thinks for an overly long time* The Ag…. No… *thinks again for a few moments*  Oh, it’s definitely Sp… Nah…. *leans back in chair, asking little sister what she thought my favorite movie was* Right.  I forgot.  My favorite is Thor: Ragnarok.  Or Spiderman Homecoming.  Or Spiderman 1.  Or Wonder Woman. or… Sorry.  I like many, many movies, even though I don’t watch it much

What kind of books do you like to read, and what kind of books do you like to write?

Bella B.
          @ashlyvye

You.  Are.  Funny.  I’m not kidding, I was laughing several times through that post.

Other than Mistborn I like The Stormlight Archives, Alcatraz Smedry VS. The Evil Librarians, The Bible (that… was obvious 😉 ,  Harry Potter, Robinson Crusoe, The Abbreviated version of The Count of Monty Cristo (however you spell that…), and The Reckoners Series.  In case your wondering: Yes.  Three of these are also Brandon Sanderson.  I can’t believe you haven’t read his work!  It’s so detailed and interesting!

My favorite movie would be *thinks for an overly long time* The Ag…. No… *thinks again for a few moments*  Oh, it’s definitely Sp… Nah…. *leans back in chair, asking little sister what she thought my favorite movie was* Right.  I forgot.  My favorite is Thor: Ragnarok.  Or Spiderman Homecoming.  Or Spiderman 1.  Or Wonder Woman. or… Sorry.  I like many, many movies, even though I don’t watch it much

What kind of books do you like to read, and what kind of books do you like to write?

@deekreel

Bella B.
            @ashlyvye

@dekreel

*sigh* I spelled your name wrong in the last post, sorry.

Joy
              @dekreel
                • Total Posts: 2304

@ashlyvye  *makes funny face* Thanks! Wow, I think that’s the first time someone has told me that! Well, as an early warning, you will meet other hilarious beings here. Just you wait. *smirks* *rubs paws deviously*

Ohh, I should have said “favorite movieS” I’m guessing you’re a fan of superheroes. 🙂  Fun fact: I have never ever watched a Marvel production in my life. *sits back as everyone gasps in shock*

I’ve watched The Incredibles though XD

My favorite movies are basically all Pixar movies. XD Pixar is my movie life. That and Studio Ghibli

My favorite thing to read is The Wingfeather Saga. It’s AMAZING.

As for writing…… I don’t know. I have to admit that I actually don’t write as much as everyone else, so… I can’t answer that for sure… *cowers*

Do you like music? Do you play any musical instruments? What do you like to listen to?

That’s okay — It’s happened before XD

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Joy.

You can pronounce it however you want.

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 103

Hello, @ashlyvye. Welcome to the Kingdom!!! Time for my trademark question: do you like to sing or play any instruments?

@dekreel
                  I don’t think I’ve watched any superhero movies, period. Or wait… well there was this one time when we were on vacation one of the Spiderman movies was on TV, and my brother was watching it, so I kinda had to too. But I think that’s it. So you’re not quite alone 😉

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 103

And I just noticed that @dekreel already asked my usual question… now I must come up with something original… okay, here’s a fun one: how many notebooks do you currently own???

Kaya Young
                    @kaya-young
                      • Total Posts: 272

@ashlyvye  WELCOME TO THE BESTEST PLACE ON THE INTERNET!!!

There! I got to say it! 😉

I enjoyed Wonder Woman too! I haven’t seen Thor: Ragnarok though. In general I like Marvel movies, in particular Captain America. 

So what is your current writing project?

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
                      http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Skredder
                      @skredder
                        • Total Posts: 527

@ashlyvye Welcome, welcome, welcome! It’s great to have you aboard!

I really like how you said that you “dig up time to write anyway.” That’s just a really cool way to say and think about.

So, what are your writing projects? What is your favorite genre to write in?

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine
                          • Total Posts: 3322

@ashlyvye Hello!  And welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!  ( @kaya-young There!  I got to say it right. 😀 )

So…you like Marvel.  I don’t know as much about Marvel as I do about DC – which isn’t much either. 😀  But most of the movies and tv shows I watch are from 1965 and back.  The classics.  The oldies.  Do you ever watch any of those?

Do you like to sing?  Or do you play any instruments?

What’s your favorite genre to write? (And read)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Rochellaine.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kaya Young
                          @kaya-young
                            • Total Posts: 272

@rochellaine  Oohhh… Oops..

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
                            http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Elizabeth
                            @that_writer_girl_99
                              • Total Posts: 1819

Hello there @ashlyvye! Welcome to KP. If you have any questions about where to find something on the site, feel free to ask!

Ooh, you like Harry Potter? Do you know which house you’d be in? *crosses fingers and hopes for Slytherin*

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Bella B.
                              @ashlyvye

@dekreel      How have you never watched Marvel!?!?  They are EVERYWHERE.  I… I just… *sigh* Wow.                           I sometimes like singing, yeah.  I’m also learning to play the piano and guitar.  I enjoy listening to all kinds of music (Christan, Christan, Christan, and Christan music, to be specific) but my favorite artists are TobyMac, Jamie Grace, NF (only some of them,) and Imagin Dragons (I know this group isn’t labeled as a Christan group, but many of their song’s hint they are Christan’s so… *hem* yeah  🙂

@radically-surrendered     Hi!  What can I call you?  Or is it just Radically Surrendered (that name sounds so awesome.)   I own…. uh….. I stopped counting at 12, but I’ve probably got some more laying around somewhere.  I have four entirely filled ones  🙂   I hope to see you around!

@kaya-young
                                       Hi Kaya!  Whenever you get the chance, you have to see Ragnarok!  It’s by far the best, most funny Thor movie yet.  Captain America was fun to watch, I agree.  The only thing is that I watched them backward by accident (the last one was recorded, so I watched it.  Second one was on Netflix.  First I watched with a friend.)

Right now I’m working on a book with my friend.  It’s about two kids (who aren’t friends in the beginning.  At all) who live in a world where people with superpowers exist (there rare but it happens.)  Most super-powered people are evil (I refuse to call them supervillains) and rule over city’s or states.  The two main characters live in NY City and go to the same, incredibly overpacked school (My character is Aralin, my friend’s character is Reese – Reese is a boy, don’t get that confused).  Anyway, to round it up in four sentences, Aralin and Reese team up to take down the ruler of New York.  We *cough* haven’t planned past that but I assume it’ll have something to do with an other-dimensional being that secretly gives random people powers then decides to drive someone with (or without….) these types of skills into madness, hence the taking over the world part. *thinks: Huh, how’d that paragraph get so big?*

@skredder
                                            Hyia!!!  *smiles* Thanks!  What’s your name (or do you want to be called skredder?)        I wrote a paragraph above about what I’m writing now.  I enjoy writing things that include superpowers or some weird magic that’s never actually called magic.  🙂   Anyway, what kind of things do you like to write?

@Rochellaine
                                        Hey!  What’s your name?         I don’t watch much of DC, but my mom likes the first Batman series of movies, so I’m planning to watch those soon.  What’s your favorite DC superhero?  I think mine would have to be Wonder Woman, but my sister continues to attempt to convince me that Batman is best.         I like singing most of the time, and I’m learning to play the piano and guitar.  What about you?            I love reading things with magic, but the magic has to make sense for me to like it.  In Harry Potter (as an example) the magic made no sense.  They gave magical indications in Latin and Greek but the magic its self wasn’t very… make sensible.  In Mistborn and the Stormlight Archives the magic all balanced around one thing.  In Mistborn, power comes from different types of metal.  In the Stormlight Archives, it comes from coins called spheres that had to be put outside in something called a High Storm to gather a sort of electricity from the lightning that comes from the Cosmere (the galaxy they live in.)  In Harry Potter, it comes from sticks with dragon heartstrings and unicorn hair stuffed inside (I’m not saying HP wasn’t fun to read because it was.   I’m just using it as an example.)                       That was incredibly long.  *grin sheepishly*  I’ll learn to not ramble eventually…

@that_writer_girl_99
                                               Hi Elizabeth!  I do like Harry Potter, and (after many, many quizzes and tests, all of which I got the same answer) I’m in Gryffindor.  I’m 55% Gryffindor, 24% Ravenclaw, 16% Slytherin, and 5% Hufflepuff, to be exact.  I have a friend who’s in Slytherin, I think she has an account here on KP but I don’t think she uses it often…

Well!  That was an astonishingly long post!

Elizabeth
                                @that_writer_girl_99
                                  • Total Posts: 1819

*sighs* Gryffindor, hm? Guess I could tolerate that. Not as cool as Slytherin, but still cool…

Anyway. I just started listening to Imagine Dragons, but I really like them. What’s your favorite song? I think mine is Thunder, I can’t resist singing it when it comes on. @ashlyvye

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 108 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >