Hi-ya!!! *waves manically*

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi-ya!!! *waves manically*

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Gracie
    @graciegirl
      • Total Posts: 889

@Kate-Flournoy Cool! I agree, MBTI is undoubtedly the best out there. The practicality of the cognitive functions it is built on appeals to my Inferior Te. It’s refreshingly sensible whereas the enneagram can seem a little indefinite at times.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Gracie.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

@Graciegirl I’m still working on the shadow functions, but I definitely agree. MBTI is amazingly thorough.

Gracie
        @graciegirl

@Kate-Flournoy Oh, yeah. The shadow functions.*shudders* I gave up on trying to understand those two seconds after learning they existed. 😛 They are super tricky.

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy

@Graciegirl *flings cape out with a dramatic swoosh* Never say never. I’m determined to master them if it’s the last thing I do. 😀

Gracie
            @graciegirl

@Kate-Flournoy I wish you luck, oh brave and noble one!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Gracie.

Daeus
              @daeus
                • Total Posts: 4238

@kate-flournoy What are the shadow functions? Does that have anything to do with type 2?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy

@Daeus it’s an MBTI thing. Eh dear… how to explain it. I’m still working on it myself, but as far as I’ve been able to tell so far it’s the functions resulting from the combination of the other functions— the four dominant functions reacting against each other together create shadow functions. I’ll get back to you when I understand it better. 😛

Daeus
                  @daeus
                    • Total Posts: 4238

@kate-flournoy Ok, maybe I’ll look it up myself. Btw, did you take the enneagram test with instinctual variant? I found that more interesting than the normal test actually.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy

@Daeus um… not sure. I’ll have to check.

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper
                        • Total Posts: 3515

@graciegirl I have read some of the Brotherband, though I haven’t gotten around to the fourth books yet. I think that I probably prefer Ranger’s, but Brotherband is also great!

@ethryndal

They say, “What’s this weird blob over here?” And you say, with a nonchalant shrug of your shoulders, “Art,” and they walk away, completely impressed.

This made me laugh. 😛 I’ll have to try that sometime.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Gracie
                        @graciegirl

@dragon-snapper Zikers!! Hope I didn’t spoil anything for Brotherband. Yeah, when push comes to shove, I think Ranger’s Apprentice will always be the absolute best, but Brotherband is a very close second. My favorite RA was the Burning Bridge, how ’bout you?

Ethryndal
                          @ethryndal
                            • Total Posts: 1013

@Dragon-Snapper It’s a proven thing. Tell them it represents ‘depth’ or something dramatic but meaningless and they’ll be totally blown away. 😀

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper
                              • Total Posts: 3515

@graciegirl Don’t worry about it. You didn’t spoil anything. 😀 Burning Bridge is definitely my favorite, though I like the first four together.

@ethryndal
                              We could also say that it’s abstract art. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 1352

@GracieGirl Hellooo! I’m so glad you’re so happy to be here. And that you’ve read North and South!! Have you seen the BBC miniseries?
                                And that you’re a Tolkien nut. Of course.

May I ask, who is Pseudonymous Bosch?

I play the piano too, and I’m an ISFJ/ENFJ mix. And there are at least four INTJs on here. 😉 Female INTJs. Isn’t that crazy.

Gracie
                                @graciegirl

@Emma-Flournoy Hi! Yes!! I’ve seen the BBC North and South and I loved it! I actually saw it before I read the book, and I was super relieved when the book didn’t end the same way as it did in the show. (I hated that ending.)
                                  To be honest, I don’t think anyone really knows who Pseudonymous Bosch is. He’s the author of the Secret Series and a stand alone book called Bad Magic which are some of my favorites. He writes under the pen name and all he tells you about himself is that he has a cat and a rabbit. But even then, he tells you that he dictates his stories to the rabbit, who then types them out on a typewriter, so………. Yeah, no one really knows anything about him. 😛 My favorite part of the books isn’t so much the stories themselves, (which are unrealistic to say the least,) but the way he tells them breaks practically every rule out there. And it’s just a lot of fun. I have to warn you, though, that the antagonists belong to this cult-like group that is willing to do some pretty weird/crazy/bad stuff to achieve ‘eternal life’, and the follow-up, Bad Magic, has a fair bit of language. (But it wasn’t nearly as good as the Secret Series anyway so you could totally skip it if you’re interested.)
                                  Just to give you a taste of how whacked his storytelling is, the first chapter of The Name of this Book is Secret is non-existent. Every letter is an x. Por exemplo: “Xxxx xxx xx xxxxx xx xx xxxx,” xxxxx Xxxx. The WHOLE first chapter is like that. PB says he can’t tell you what happened in that chapter because that’s where you learned what the names of the characters are and where they live. Yes, he never tells you the true names of his two protagonists. They’re given the code-names of Cass and Max-Earnest. And halfway through either, If You’re Reading this it’s too Late or This Book isn’t Good for You, he stops telling the story altogether! He spends a whole chapter debating about whether or not to continue. (Eventually he bribes himself with chocolate, but that a different matter altogether.) ZIKERS! These things never seem very long as you thinking them out! Then you look up and see this whole page worth of rambling! Ah, well. I thank you for your patience if you’ve read to the end! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >