Hi-ya!!! *waves manically*

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi-ya!!! *waves manically*

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Gracie
    @graciegirl
      • Total Posts: 889

@christi-eaton Thanks! I’m excited about getting to know this place better. I must say, I honestly don’t see how it can get any more amazing. Its already beyond anything I’ve ever imagined. An ESTJ, wow. My complete opposite, this’ll be fun! 🙂 Good luck with those classes! I look forward to seeing you around!

@aratrea
      Thank you for the welcome! I am super jazzed to be here. As to including my enneagram type, it was my pleasure. It was the first method of personality typing I studied and the reason I’m such a geek about personality types now. Oh, and hi-five fellow 4w5!

@Ethryndal
      Yes, I love watercolors for that reason too! It’s so easy to either fix your mistakes or incorporate them into the final product.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Josiah DeGraaf
      @aratrea
        • Total Posts: 717

@daeus It’s essentially saying that while you’re predominantly one character type, you also share a lot of qualities in common with another character type adjacent to your character type in the Enneagram circle. That alternate type will then be your ‘wing.’

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

Oh… Ok. I think I got individualist and helper as strong runner ups. It said my wings were well balanced. Does that mean I’m a fair mixture of personalities?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Gracie
          @graciegirl

@Daeus The wings and arrows of you personality type are almost like sub-types. Like Josiah said, you are primarily one type, (in your case a 3) but you can be further identified as a 3 with (for example) a moderate two wing. When you first use the enneagram you have 9 choices for your type, and once you’ve ‘chosen’ from those 9, you can then choose from the available ‘sub-types’. Usually, each type has two wing options and two arrow options. My favorite way of deciding what sub-type I am is just by reading the descriptions for that sub-type. I have a book on the enneagram, (its actually my brother’s, but let’s face it, I use it a lot more.) and its descriptions (both good and bad) for 3w2(helper) versus 3w4(individualist) run as follows: Threes with a strong two wing tend to be gregarious, helpful, socially adept, tuned into others, charming, and can sometimes be manipulative, possessive and flattering. Whereas Threes with a strong four wing tend to be creative, introspective, private, subdued, intellectually oriented, and can sometimes be moody, arrogant and pretentious.

“Gosh, Grace, that was unnecessarily long. You’re lucky if you didn’t put them all to sleep. Kindly show your inner enneagram geek to the door and wrap up this post,”

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

@Graciegirl that’s actually fascinating and don’t worry AT ALL about writing long posts because we all do it. 😀
              I haven’t looked into Enneagram yet… maybe I should. Because this

Threes with a strong four wing tend to be creative, introspective, private, subdued, intellectually oriented, and can sometimes be moody, arrogant and pretentious.

is me almost to the last letter. Do you know anything about the theory behind Enneagram, or simply the system?

Daeus
              @daeus

@Graciegirl Ha! Those are both me to a T. Or is it Tee? Or Tea? I don’t know. *sips tea*

Man, now I have to go back and retake the test so I can look at those wing things.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Gracie
                @graciegirl

@Kate-Flournoy I’m afraid I don’t know very much about theory behind the enneagram, I’m just familiar with the common attributes of the different types. That description I gave for the 3w4 is a list of specific 4 traits that a 3 might also have in addition to their own. If you really relate to that particular list, I would hypothesize that your general type is 4, the Romantic or Individualist. Plus, the most common enneagram type for a INFP is a four, so I think that’s a good place to start.
                  It might be worth mentioning that some people, introverts especially, may tend to only display the persona of one of their wings. For example, I am a 4, but I originally miss-typed myself as a 5 because I behave almost exactly like a 5 in public, or even with my family. Upon closer inspection, however, I saw that clearly I reason and think like a 4. The enneagram is, I think, just as accurate as MBTI, but its a good bit harder to understand and use.

@Daeus
                  The tea! *laughs out loud* *nearby family members sigh, “What now?”*

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Gracie.

Josiah DeGraaf
                  @aratrea

@kate-flournoy @daeus @graciegirl One other thing to add to this discussion on Enneagram theory is that one of the coolest parts of the system (at least for me) is the theory that when you are stressed or relaxed, you actually act like a different character type (hence the connecting lines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enneagram_of_Personality). So the 4 will act like the 1 when relaxed and like the 2 when stressed.

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy
                      Josiah DeGraaf
                      @aratrea

It’s probably what sold me the most on the Enneagram system since I know I tend to act fairly differently depending on my mood.

Gracie
                        @graciegirl

@aratrea Aha! So that’s what the arrows are for! That was the one thing I could never get my head around.

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy

@Aratrea well, I maintain the superior coolness of MBTI (it’s not a system, it’s a concept) *haughty sniff* but I have to admit that is pretty cool. 😉

Daeus
                            @daeus

I do believe MBTI explains how you act when stressed as well.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy

@Daeus yes it does. It explains the very core of you if you study it correctly, and the combinations of your different functions explain how you act when you’re stressed and why. It’s just something you have to deduce by yourself. 😉
                                Which, personally, I think is a plus… XD

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy

By the way, I took the Enneagram test and am indeed Type 4, the Individualist.

Oh, and it also said my mental health was ‘above average’ which was frankly a bit of a surprise and a relief all at once. :’D

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Kate Flournoy.
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >