Hi people!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi people!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    @jason
      • Total Posts: 23

Hi guys! My name is Jason Zimmerman, and I’m a writer and blogger. I’m really looking forward to getting to know ya’ll and learn more about writing with you! You can find my blog at: https://miznos.wordpress.com.

Cheers!
      Jason

Emma Flournoy
      @emma-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 1352

Hi @Jason! Welcome to the bestistest place on the Internet! What genre is your favorite to write?

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

Hey @jason! You’re the one who wrote the recent poem, right?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper
            • Total Posts: 3515

@Jason Greetings!
            Trust me when I say this: you will learn sooo much about writing here. I’ve been writing for three years, but I’ve learned so much more of the ‘dynamics’ from when I joined. It’s great!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Josiah DeGraaf
            @aratrea
              • Total Posts: 717

Welcome to the forum @jason! Glad you’ve found us. Who’s your biggest inspiration as a writer?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Gracie
              @graciegirl
                • Total Posts: 889

@Jason Welcome!! That’s a lot of great poetry you have on your blog. 😀 Is poetry your favorite to write? I’ve just started to dabble in it myself.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 1486

@Jason A thousand welcomes! How long have you been writing and what do you like to write about?

Ethryndal
                  @ethryndal
                    • Total Posts: 1013

Hey, @Jason! So glad to have you. I was poking around on your blog, and whoa! Your poetry is GOOD! (And believe me when I say it, because I don’t even like poetry. 🙂 ) What are some of your interests, other than writing? Do you play any instruments?

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Jason
                    @jason

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Just two quick questions before I respond to everyone. First, is there a way to respond to people directly? Also how do you @ someone. I try just clicking the @ on my computer which (is shift-2) but that doesn’t seem to work. Thanks! (And if you’re wondering why I haven’t responded, I’ve been sick and have had school.. .so yeah.) Thank you all for being so nice and welcoming!

Jason
                      @jason

Wait! Maybe it does work. Let me try. Sorry! Here goes the newbie. @Emma Flournoy I’m so glad to be here! Hmm. . .my favorite genre to write. That’s a hard one. My novel is fantasy, but my stories tend to be very character driven (as appose to plot driven) and often come out of things from my own life.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Jason.
                        Jason
                        @jason

@Daeus! Yep. That’s me.

Jason
                          @jason

@Josiah Um. . .inspiration–definitely experiences in my own life. Also, other books and movies (Unabashedly, Frozen) and songs. How do you @ people that have last names. I think I figured that out otherwise.

Gracie
                            @graciegirl
                              • Total Posts: 889

@jason. If by directly you mean tagging them so they are notified that you are…you know, talking to them, that’s usually done by using @ followed by their ‘tag’. If you click on someone’s profile it should show their tag in big letters next to their profile pic. Ah, wait…I think that’s the answer your looking for there. Sorry if it isn’t. 😁 If, on the other hand, you mean like contacting someone on a private chat of sorts I have no idea. 😆 Oh, maybe….Maybe you mean contacting someone without having to post on a thread….? If that’s the case, there should be a ‘What’s new, Jason?’ thingy on your profile. If you tag someone through that, they are usually notified. While no one else will be alerted to the post, they can go nosing around and see it any time. Zikers!!! I hope this makes sense and is actually correct and answers your questions!! 😁😄

*is probably geeking out about something*

Jason
                              @jason

@graciegirl Thanks! That is super helpful. Yep! I think I understand now. About poetry, I am a bit of an addict. It gives me sanity. I like to say, “I wish the blessing of poetry on all, but the curse of poetry on none. And yet, neither the curse or the blessing is mine to give for it belongs to all my brothers and sisters in Christ. For the curse of poetry is the curse of pain and depression and sadness (of the Fall.) And the Blessing is that of redemption out of that brokenness (which we can only have through Christ.” Okay! That’s the first time I said that, but yeah!

You have any poetry of your own that you really like?

Jason
                                @jason

@winter-rose Hmmm. . .how long have I been writing? Technically, probably like since I was really itty-bitty. I decided I wanted to get a book published when I was nine (after visiting the thousand-islands in Canada) and I started writing the book I’m working on now about 4 years ago. I like to write about several things. Currently, my book is about friendship and suffering (as well as broken families, self-destruction, etc.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >