Hi, I'm GabbyJ!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi, I'm GabbyJ!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal
      • Total Posts: 635

@gabbyj 😀 ha, thanks
      I’m working on a bunch of projects right now! That are all kind of halted for various reasons
      Two or them are short stories about Stan, one of them is a novella about a superhero, and I’m also working on the first book in my main series

😀 I’ve worked on filming a few different projects- two fantasy short films, and a couple of more modern ones.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
      Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Mariposa Aristeo
      @mariposa
        • Total Posts: 335

@gabbyj Yes. 😊 I tried painting about five years ago and I’m so glad I did! I’ve never used oil or watercolor, but I like acrylic.

Do you like to make homemade Christmas cards? 🙂

Josiah DeGraaf
        @aratrea
          • Total Posts: 717

@gabbyj I did–it was a great experience! It worked quite differently then than I believe it does now, but I learned a lot of Scripture passages through that and grew a lot because of it over these three years.

That’s great that you’ve been able to discover new authors through our interviews. 😀 I’m thrilled that we’re able to interview so many high-quality Christian authors here at KP.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

NC Stokes
          @daughteroftheking
            • Total Posts: 1156

@gabbyj Good analogy! Now I want a sandwich. 😉 I like worldbuilding. Oo, and making up characters!

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

GabbyJ
            @gabbyj
              • Total Posts: 92

@shannon Wow, that’s awesome! Yeah, small world.

@dekreel
              Yes, @shannon is right, except part of Bible Bee is studying as well, not just memorizing. It’s a lot of work, but it’s worth it, even if you don’t memorize all of the passages.

*Swirls cape menacingly while the Imperial March plays in the background*

GabbyJ
              @gabbyj

That sounds really cool! 😀

GabbyJ
                @gabbyj

Whoops– @sam-kowal

GabbyJ
                  @gabbyj

@mariposa As a matter of fact, yeah, I do! But I use an online graphic design program called canva.

Do you illustrate Christmas cards with acrylics?

GabbyJ
                    @gabbyj

@daughteroftheking Oh, yes, I love making up characters! It’s so fun, and I get so attached to characters (my own as well as other people’s).

What genre do you like to write?

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 115

@gabbyj

Well, technically, I have not finished the outline. I got a draft done, but now I have to fill in the blanks, fix plot holes, etc. Such as my MC not really seeming upset her parents died in the first chapter.

I have not seen The Last Jedi. I don’t know when, or if, I’ll be seeing it. Have you watched any of the Rebels TV show?

Anonymous

@gabbyj

Yes! Someone else who gets attached to fictional characters!

Mariposa Aristeo
                          @mariposa
                            • Total Posts: 335

@gabbyj Cool! 😀 I’d love to see your card creations sometime. We actually have a forum topic for that: I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write…

No, I typically use colored pencils for my cards. 🙂

GabbyJ
                            @gabbyj

@allison-grace I haven’t seen the Rebels TV show–I’ve actually been wanting to give the Clone Wars a shot because I hear it’s good, although I didn’t think so from seeing the cover images.

Is the Rebels good?

Anonymous

@gabbyj

Rebels is VERY good! *doesn’t want to spoil anything* You must watch it!

A note on the Clone Wars. Seasons 1-2 are good, but the rest… Well, long story short, they started getting darker, adding witchcraft, and just generally getting bad. Mom and Dad were watching them with us, so they could stop the bad ones, but I think we eventually gave up. A friend told me one episode in Season 3 of Rebels was witchcrafty, so we skipped that one. She warned me Rebels Season 4 looked like it was getting darker, but she hasn’t said anything else.

Emily D
                                @emily-d
                                  • Total Posts: 168

@gabbyj  Hey there Gabby!  Welcome.  Nice to meet you 😀  I’ve got all of the books of the Wormling series, but I haven’t read them all-just the first two.  I see that you like Chuck Black’s The Kingdom Series and The Knights of Arrethtrae.  Have you read the Wars of the Realm series by him?  They’re one of my favourite series!  Hope to see you around soon.  🙂

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >