Hi guys!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Emma Flournoy
    @emma-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 1352

@Kina-Lamb The Hidden Hand sounds great. I recognize the name, actually; I guess I have heard of it, maybe we just don’t have it.
      We have The Building on the Rock books. 🙂

I’m not learning any other languages right now (though I know Pig Latin really well 😉 ), but I do love linguistic stuff, and I know lots of roots. I like looking at different languages, especially Latin root ones, and trying to figure out what they say.

Sierra
      @sierra-r
        • Total Posts: 46

@Kina-Lamb. Gosh I’m late. But I offer you a hearty welcome to the Kingdom nonetheless! I too have a younger sister lurking behind my shoulder who I hope will sit down and make her own account someday.

Also, random fact about me: we almost have the same camera. Mine’s a D3300 Nikon 🙂 I checked out your site; nice work! If you’re interested you can see some of my stuff at: https://www.twenty20.com/SierraRet/photos.

Kina Lamb
        @kina-lamb
          • Total Posts: 162

@emma-flournoy Wow, pig latin? Are you fluent?

Kina Lamb
          @kina-lamb

Thank you so much, @sierra-r! Wow, those pictures are absolutely beautiful! I’m inspired. I think your camera is two models newer than mine, and I love the way they look. 😀 And the way you captured the sunlight is really neat. 😀

Emma Flournoy
            @emma-flournoy

@Kina-Lamb Oh yes, pretty fluent. 😉

Kina Lamb
              @kina-lamb

@emma-flournoy wow, I’m seriously impressed, Emma! Is pig language talking backwards, or was that just someone teasing me?

Emma Flournoy
                @emma-flournoy

@Kina-Lamb Oh no, it’s not nearly so hard as talking backwards! *shudder* Once you get the hang of it it’s really easy. What you do is, you take the first letter or sound from the beginning of the word, and put it at the end with an ‘ay’ on it. Pig Latin=igPay atinLay.
                  Kina Lamb=inaKay ambLay. Emma Flournoy=mmaEay lournoyFay. Make sense? It’s quite fun.

Ethryndal
                  @ethryndal
                    • Total Posts: 1013

@Kina-Lamb @Emma-Flournoy I was just about to say, “Oh yes, the Hidden Hand is a really good book!” And then realized I’ve never read it. XD Psychological misfire.

And here’s a Studio C for your pig latin troubles, because I can’t resist. 🙂 Pig Latin

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Ethryndal.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Emma Flournoy
                    @emma-flournoy
                      Kina Lamb
                      @kina-lamb

@emma-flournoy would Kingdom Pen be ingdomKay enPay?

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy

@Kina-Lamb Bravo! You’ve got this.

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper
                            • Total Posts: 3515

@kina-lamb *Let’s see…how late can I be in replying??? Hmmm* 😛 Sorry.
                            Ah, yes. Barbara Manatee. And Hairbrush.
                            Ummm…I can’t seem to think of anything immediately… I must have went around wearing a protective suit of armor for most of my life and just can’t remember that being the case. 😛
                            The Bible is the best book, (it’s on the assumed list) Which is your favorite book in the Bible? Mine is Romans. Don’t ask me my favorite verse, because there are too many.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kina Lamb
                            @kina-lamb

@dragon-snapper, that’s the hardest question you’ve asked me so far! I love the whole Bible, it’s hard for me to say which book is my favorite, you know what I mean? 😀 Are you memorizing any passages?

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper
                                • Total Posts: 3515

@kina-lamb Haha! Yes! I know what you mean! It’s a hard call between Romans and James and Corinthians and all the other books! But Romans ends up in the lead. Well, the only passages I’ve memorized are Psalm 100 and 1 John 1 (also an incredible book), but otherwise I haven’t. Do you know what Scripture Typer is?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kina Lamb
                                @kina-lamb

@dragon-snapper
                                  Yes, I have heard of Scripture Typer! Do you use it? It sounds like a great way to memorize Scripture.

I have also memorized Psalm 100 and most of John 1! @daeus and one of my other brothers are both memorizing all of Proverbs while I’m memorizing all of the 2016 National Bible Bee Junior verses. Today I memorized Psalm 40 – I love that chapter! What do you say to having a Scripture memorizing contest? It is so vitally important that we have God’s Word in our hearts! So let’s see… how about if either of us memorizes a verse or a chapter or a passage that we post what we memorized here? That way we could motivate each other! What do you think? (And it doesn’t have to be a whole passage or a chapter, just whatever you’re able to do.)

So for starters, today I memorized Psalm 40. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >