Hi guys!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Kina Lamb
    @kina-lamb
      • Total Posts: 162

@ethryndal Cool! Thanks so much! 🙂 My problem was that I was putting a space in between them. 🙂

Kina Lamb
      @kina-lamb

😀

Kina Lamb
        @kina-lamb

😛

Experimentation in smiley faces. 😀 (I like that one best.)

Ethryndal
          @ethryndal
            • Total Posts: 1013

@Kina-Lamb 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😛

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Ethryndal
            @ethryndal
              • Total Posts: 1013

I win.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Snapper
              @dragon-snapper
                • Total Posts: 3515

@ethryndal You beat me to it! 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper

@kina-lamb Glad you’re liking them! I had fun coming up with the craziest things I could think of. One time I told someone to include dancing butterflies in their WIP. 😛
                  I was weirded out when I heard that about ‘nice’ as well, but because hardly anyone knows that, I usually just use it anyway. 😛
                  Celtic whistle is pretty much just my way of fancying up the name of the tin whistle. 😀
                  Man of Sorrows tells the gospel story, so I’m not sure if it is like Man of Sorrows What A Name or not, since I haven’t heard the hymn version. (or maybe I have…there are, after all, a couple hundred hymns!)
                  Veggietales is awesome! The Lord of the Beans is one of my favorites, though I really like Little Joe and the Jonah one.
                  I’m a nice dragon, so I don’t usually threaten people with my melting of the chairs. It’s quite fun though.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Gracie
                  @graciegirl
                    • Total Posts: 889

@Kina-Lamb Oh! Yeah, I think I’ve heard of Duolingo. I do mine through the Homeschool Spanish Academy now, but used to do the Rosetta Stone homeschool program. I love HSA! It’s a lot better for me than any of the many classes I’ve taken. 3 times a week I have a 50 min. lesson over Skype with a teacher in Guatemala. and then I have homework to complete before the next class. It’s great.

I actually saw the Lord of the Beans long before I read LotR or saw the movies. One of the finest and funniest Veggietales ever for sure! My favorite part is probably when the elf cousin comes out of the tree trunk with a platter of cookies and one of the Sporks says, “We’ve had nothing but maggoty bread for three stinkin’ days! I’d love a cookie!” I totally lost it there. 😀 Also, all the names are pretty awesome. Especially ‘Ahem’.
                    “I am named for the sound I make in my throat. Ahem.” 😂

*is probably geeking out about something*

Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper

Ear-of-corn and Leg’o’lamb are my favorites.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kina Lamb
                      @kina-lamb

@dragon-snapper What’s WIP? I could get up and cross the room and open the door and walk down the hall and open another door and poke my head in and ask @daeus, but I’m too sleepy to do that right now. 😀

Do you know how to make your whistle high-pitched? I love doing that. I had a tin whistle before I lost it, and I loved playing on it. You just blow extra hard.

Most hymns tell the gospel story – including MOSWAN. I’m going to look up MOS. Have you watched King George And The Ducky? What is your favorite silly song?

I’m glad to hear you’re a nice dragon. Did I tell you about the time when I survived a gasoline ‘attack’? I don’t know what made me think of that, but it’s an interesting story, anyway. 😀

Kina Lamb
                        @kina-lamb

@graciegirl I looked up HSA. It looks like a great program! I’ll tell my dad about it. I think one of my other friends uses it, though I’m not positive. Wow, 50 minutes three times a week? That’s a lot! *gives you a high-five.*

Yeah, Ahem is pretty funny. I like it when the eagle shouts at them. What are some of your favorite books?

Kina Lamb
                          @kina-lamb

@dragon-snapper Ah, yes, Ear o’ corn and leg o’ lamb are great! I love it when they talk to each other. I also really like Grumpy. “Got any waffles?” What are some of your favorite books?

Gracie
                            @graciegirl
                              • Total Posts: 889

@Kina-Lamb *returns high five* It’s recommended you do two classes a week, but I started the semester late so that’s why I have to do three. 😁

Well, of course I love J. R. R. Tolkien and C. S. Lewis, but I am a huge fan of the Sherlock Holmes stories! Like, it’s obsessive how much I love those books. 😆 I could talk for forums threads and forum threads about it. I also love Jane Austen. But I can’t seem to decide which is my favorite between Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice and Emma. North and South by E. Gaskell is a favorite as well. Oh! I almost always forget to mention this one on my list of favs because I think it’s a bit of a lesser know book. The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge is one of my favorite books of all time! It is the sweetest story! I have lots of amazing memories with that book. But the movie adaption The Secret of Moonacre is horrible! I beseech you to never watch it! Oh, I guess it had some good points, so I suppose you can see it if you really want to. But I warn you of its failure to capture the magic of the book. In any case, the book is beautiful and I highly recommend it to anyone needing a short-ish, light-hearted fantasy to fill a few hours with on a rainy day or road trip or whatever. ☺

*is probably geeking out about something*

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper

@kina-lamb WIP is a Work in Progress, unless you already asked @daeus. 😉
                                Ah, King George and the Ducky, I love it when Melvin shows up. The song of ‘There Once was a Man’ was great, the tale short and sweet, as well as amusing. Favorite silly song…ouch. Er, I like Bubble Rap, as well as Pizza Angel, His Cheeseburger and all of them besides Song of the Cebu… If I had to choose a favorite, it’s His Cheeseburger.
                                Gasoline?????
                                My favorite books are…well, here’s a list.
                                The Black Arrow by RLS (Robert Louis Stevenson)
                                The Ranger’s Apprentice: The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan
                                The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White
                                The Hobbit by Tolkien as well as all of the LOTRs
                                There are more, but I will spare you. 😛 My favoritest is The Hobbit. You?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kina Lamb
                                @kina-lamb

@dragon-snapper thanks! Yes, I love all those too. And Barbara Manatee.

Well you see, I was four years old and was helping Daddy pump the gas. And I got too close. And it got in my eyes. And that’s how it happened. Thankfully it happened only five minutes away from our house, and mama was able to dump a water-bottle full of water into my eyes before it did any damage, but it did hurt. Moral of the story: If you are three feet tall, do not get close to the gas pump! 😀 Has anything like that happened to you?

Here are some of my favorite books:
                                  1. The Bible
                                  2. The Hidden Hand
                                  3. Ishmael and Self Raised
                                  4. And I have to recommend to everyone, “The Building On The Rock” series. It’s written simply so that little kids can understand it, but they are fascinating, and so productive! I discovered them yesterday, and spent all afternoon reading some of them. Here’s a video of Paul Washer endorsing them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ihx3O78alk
                                  I love books like those. If I read a book, I like it to be productive to me, not just entertaining 🙂 I cried over some of the stories in it, they were so beautiful!

@graciegirl
                                  I have listened to some of Sherlock Holmes with my family on one of our road trips. It’s amazing how clever he is. I will keep a look out for “The Secret Of Moonacre” and try not to watch it 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >