Hi guys!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Kina Lamb
    @kina-lamb
      • Total Posts: 162

I know, @audrey-caylin, it’s pretty amazing that Daeus and I both like writing, isn’t it? We both have similar interests… but he does like gardening. I don’t know how. : )

What is the original of that quote? I just saw in my friend’s photography studio, and I liked it a lot.

You know, a couple of years ago, I was in a writing class, and I had to write a three-paragraph-long essay. I got on a writing spree and couldn’t stop. It turned into a ten-page-long story. It was pretty interesting, and the teacher was pretty surprised. : )

Audrey Caylin
      @audrey-caylin
        • Total Posts: 323

@kina-lamb I just meant how you changed “photography” and “taking pictures” to “writing” and “writing stories” 😛

That’s awesome xD

Ethryndal
        @ethryndal
          • Total Posts: 1013

@Kina-Lamb Whoa, plot twist! Daeus has a writing sister! And I know a lot of people have already mentioned this, but I’m going to also anyway. (please ignore my grammar 😉 ) Your photography is SO pretty! I don’t know how some people do it. I took a photography class this year, and totally flopped. 😛 Anyway, so glad you joined!

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Kina Lamb
          @kina-lamb

Aw, thanks @jess! That’s really encouraging.

I am writing a (hopefully) short story with one of my pen-pals. I think it’s supposed to be a mystery story. I am also writing my own story – a children’s story. I think it’s important that the books children read are wholesome and productive, and it’s hard to find books like that these days. I also think that they should be interesting enough that anyone of any age would enjoy reading it.

And unless you count the time when a couple of days ago, I wrote a story on my brother’s, “please do not disturb” sign, I’m not writing anything else right now. : )

Kina Lamb
            @kina-lamb

thanks @kate-flournoy!

And btw, I’ve been meaning to ask you this ever since I saw your profile picture a couple of years ago: where did you get your profile picture? I love it!

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 3976

@Kina-Lamb ha! 😀 I actually don’t remember where I first saw it… but I’ve always loved the picture, and when I first joined the forum it was just the obvious choice. 😉

Kina Lamb
                @kina-lamb

Thanks @arella-noreen!
                  I’m glad you like photography. It seems that I have to take 20 pictures to get one good one sometimes, but I’m learning! Yes, I know that sigh of contentment – it’s my buddy. That’s why I take 20 pictures to get a good one. : )

Kina Lamb
                  @kina-lamb

Thanks for the enthusiastic welcome, @jane-maree!

I shoot with a D3100 Nikon camera.

Actually, I just picked up hand-lettering very recently. I use envelopes as my practice paper, and I write a lot of cards. It wasn’t very hard to learn, actually. Just took some enthusiasm. : ) I’m still in the beginning stages, but it’s a lot of fun, and I’m hoping to get better at it.

Kina Lamb
                    @kina-lamb

Muchas gracias, @aratrea! I forgot to mention I’m learning Spanish, and it just comes out. Watch out! You might have to use google translate a little more than you used to now, unless you know Spanish. : )

Kina Lamb
                      @kina-lamb

Thanks, @clairec! Daddy was asking me last night if anyone called me, “Daeus’s little sister,” and I was able to say “yes.” *Looks around.* I do love it here. : )

Kina Lamb
                        @kina-lamb

Hi @graciegirl! Yes, I have heard a lot from Daeus… no, actually, I’ve observed a lot of Daues. You see, he’s always on Kingdom Pen, so I just look over his shoulder see what’s going on around here!

Thank you! I do like taking pictures of nature, but it’s weddings and portraits that I like to do best.

Yes, let the observing begin! What is your personality type?

That’s really funny! I have a tendency to do things like that too. I like the name Emma.

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy
                            • Total Posts: 3976

Oh, and @Kina-Lamb

I am also writing my own story – a children’s story. I think it’s important that the books children read are wholesome and productive, and it’s hard to find books like that these days. I also think that they should be interesting enough that anyone of any age would enjoy reading it.

This. You do this, and you will have my undying gratitude forever. 😛 This is one of my pet peeves and it frustrates me because I can’t write children’s stories to save my life. I’m glad you can and I hope you succeed.

Kina Lamb
                            @kina-lamb

@dragon-snapper I thought that would surprise people! : )

I’ve only written fiction stories so far. I’ve written a lot of stories, but I’ve only ever finished two… they WERE completely finished, though! My notebooks are full of the starts of my stories, and my journals are filled with story ideas. It’s pretty amusing to look back at stories you wrote five years ago, isn’t it? I remember one that was soooo baaaaddd!! I’ll never forget that story. *Hits forhead.* But thankfully we do make progress!

I mainly play hymns. I love hymns. I can play around 150. My favorite five are, “My shepherd will supply my need,” “Not what my hands have done,” “Lift high the cross,” “My hope is in the Lord,” and “I sing the mighty power of God.” Do you know any of those?

You can ask me as many questions as you like! I like to answer questions. (Figures, I’m a girl.)

Kina Lamb
                              @kina-lamb

Muchas gracias, @adry_grace!

Kina Lamb
                                @kina-lamb

Hi @emma-flournoy!

My favorite book is the Bible. Next favorite is, “The Hidden Hand,” by E.D.E.N. Southworth. I cried when it was over because… it was over! What are your favorite books?

I play piano for our church. I also play the mandolin, but not as well as I’d like to. I have an accordian, and I get it out every once in awhile and fiddle on it, and I think I will be getting a violin soon. I’d love to learn to play the violin, and I don’t think it would be too hard because I already play the mandolin, and the fingering is the same. Do you play any instruments?

Muchas gracias por la calurosa bienvenida, Emma!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 128 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >