Hi guys!

Home Page โ€บ Forums โ€บ General Site Info โ€บ Start HERE โ€บ Hi guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

@rolena-hatfield Iโ€™ll go ahead and pipe in here. I havenโ€™t read them in forever, so I canโ€™t say exactly how good they are, but I remember my favorite lamplighter books being The Prisoners of The Sea, The Roberโ€™s Cave, The Hidden Hand, Hans the Crucified, and Fire In The Sky.

๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข

Louise Fowler
      @perfectfifths
        • Total Posts: 726

@emma-l Wow, 10 years, thatโ€™s amazing, Emma! ๐Ÿ˜€ Are you wanting to pursue a musical career, or writing? (or something else entirely! ๐Ÿ˜€ )

@rolena-hatfield
        Yesh, thatโ€™s right ๐Ÿ˜‰

Currently reading Les Miserables

Emma Flournoy
        @emma-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 1352

@Emma-L Ooh yes, cello and oboe are awesome too. (Provided theyโ€™re playing nice music, of course. ๐Ÿ˜› A good kind for those are slow and dramatic and also sad pieces.)

Sarah Hoven
          @sarah-h
            • Total Posts: 669

@emma-l Your book list sounds like mine! ๐Ÿ™‚ Although, I have never heard of the Lamplighters books except on KP. What are they? Is it a series?

Ethryndal
            @ethryndal
              • Total Posts: 1013

@sarah-h Here.

Lamplighter Publishing

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Ethryndal.

INTJ โžธYour friendly neighborhood mastermind. โžธhttps://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Emma L.
              @emma-l
                • Total Posts: 7

@rolena-hatfield Thanks! I have not personally read these but I have heard that Prisoners of the Sea and The Printer of Udellโ€™s are really good Lamplighter books! My personal favorites have already been listed, but I also like A Lost Pearle, The House of Love, Stepping Heavenward, and Amy and Her Brothers. I havenโ€™t really started any โ€œwriting projectsโ€ in a while, but I was doodling around with a poem yesterday. About the Irish whistle, it probably is the sound that you hear in Irish music, but I am not that good and I havenโ€™t played in a while. ๐Ÿ™‚

@perfectfifths
                I am actually thinking about getting into foreign missions, so I plan on getting a nursing degree in college and teach music and write on the side! ๐Ÿ™‚

Louise Fowler
                @perfectfifths

@emma-l Thatโ€™s amazing! ๐Ÿ˜€ So music and writing is going to be more of a hobby for you? ๐Ÿ™‚ Is there any specific place you feel God is calling you to serve missions in?

Sarah Hoven
                  @sarah-h
                    • Total Posts: 669

@ethryndal Oh, cool! Thanks for the link. ๐Ÿ™‚

@emma-l
                    Thatโ€™s really neat!

Emma L.
                    @emma-l
                      • Total Posts: 7

@perfectfifths I will probably write and teach music on the side. ๐Ÿ™‚ I donโ€™t really know where God wants me to go, but I plan on going on several missions trips in the next couple of years. ๐Ÿ™‚ Do you plan on having a writing career?

Louise Fowler
                      @perfectfifths

@emma-l Thatโ€™s so exciting! For a career, Iโ€™m not sure whether Iโ€™m going to have a musical career or writing, because both are my two biggest passions. Iโ€™ve wanted to be a writer since I was about 10 (Iโ€™ve been making up stories pretty much all my life, getting my mum to write them down before I could) but that was before the violin ๐Ÿ˜‰

Daeus
                        @daeus

@perfectfifths Why, your career path is perfectly clear. You need to write music.

๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข๐Ÿข

Louise Fowler
                          @perfectfifths

@daeus LOL! XD Thatโ€™s great! But Iโ€™ve tried (albeit, not very hard ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) to write music โ€“ it ainโ€™t easy. Iโ€™ve made arrangements from existing music (namely LOTR soundtrack) does that count?? ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€

Daeus
                            @daeus

@perfectfifths Eh, well, maybe you can just sing stories. One thing Iโ€™ve thought about doing is writing music completely by ear. Maybe thatโ€™s how most people do it. I actually havenโ€™t the slightest clue. But anyway, I can compose a song on the spot, I just need to be able to edit it. Well, with an audio software like audacity, I could edit it all I want. There now. Iโ€™ve revealed my hypocrisy. Iโ€™ve been wanting to try that for years and havenโ€™t even pulled up a file to do it.

Louise Fowler
                              @perfectfifths

@daeus Yeah, I think music is composed by ear, seeing as you canโ€™t copy what some else has written (โ€˜cuz itโ€™s not written yet ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) Iโ€™m pretty good at figuring out songs by ear, just not writing my own. I use a program called MuseScore to write out music, which is pretty easy to use once you have a basic idea how to do it. Being able to compose on the spot is really clever. I have a friend who canโ€™t read music, but he can play the piano by ear and it sounds amazing! How do you do it?? ๐Ÿ˜€

Daeus
                                @daeus

@perfectfifths I hope it didnโ€™t sound like I can write down music on the spot. That would be impressive. I just mean I create a song by singing it at any time impromptu and I really donโ€™t know how I do that.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >