Hi guys!

Home Page β€Ί Forums β€Ί General Site Info β€Ί Start HERE β€Ί Hi guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Louise Fowler
    @perfectfifths
      • Total Posts: 726

@ethryndal Oh, yay, somebody got it! πŸ˜€ You have now become acquainted with the β€œpunny” side of me. πŸ˜‰

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Louise Fowler.

Currently reading Les Miserables

Christine Eaton
      @christi-eaton
        • Total Posts: 306

Welcome to this beautiful little corner of the internet to all of you here I haven’t met yet! I love meeting new people and seeing this kingdom grow. Whatever you write, whether it be short stories, poetry, or articles, I hope to find them published here I will never get bored with all the great stuff you see here. Oh, how could I forget to introduce myself? My name is Christi. I’m a writing intern here in this fair kingdom. I typically write book reviews, but I have been fiddling around with poetry lately which you may or may not end up seeing here. πŸ™‚

@emma-l
        based on your favorite books list I’m assuming you are familiar with Lamplighter. The Hidden Hand is on my shelf right now, and I enjoyed that one immensely.
        I tend to find myself poking around on the forum frequently, so I hope I have a chance to converse with you more. πŸ™‚

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Emma Flournoy
        @emma-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 1352

@Emma-L It depends on piece and mood, but probably violin. πŸ™‚ Which is your favorite of all those you play?

BlueJay
          @bluejay
            • Total Posts: 1622

@daeus Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@dragon-snapper
            *groans* I told you, only one a day. No more chocolates, understood????

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

Sorry, @bluejay. It just sort of happened.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

BlueJay
              @bluejay
                • Total Posts: 1622

@daeus Get pockets with zippers on them and make sure there are no holes. πŸ˜‰

Daeus
                @daeus
                  • Total Posts: 4238

That’s a great idea. Why don’t you ship me some from Australia.

🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

Sarah Hoven
                  @sarah-h
                    • Total Posts: 669

@emma-l Welcome! Hey, Fire is one of my favorite books too! Have you read the rest of the series? Fire was my favorite, but I also liked the one with the French Revolution theme.

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 1486

@emma Hi and welcome to Kingdom Pen! What piano pieces do you like to play?

Emma L.
                      @emma-l
                        • Total Posts: 7

@ethryndal We have goats, chickens, dogs, cats, and bees. πŸ™‚

@kate-flournoy
                        I write β€œpoetry”, non-fiction, and historic fiction. I guess that’s what you mean by genres. πŸ™‚

@perfectfifths
                        That’s really awesome! I have been playing violin for almost 10 years, guitar for 2, ukulele for 3, and piano for almost 8. It has taken a lot of commitment, but all the practice is worth it. πŸ˜‰ I enjoy playing classical, hymns, and bluegrass!

@christi-eaton
                        Hi Christi! Yes, I am very familiar with Lamplighter! πŸ˜‰ My family loves it!

@emma-flournoy
                        My favorite instruments that I play are the violin and guitar, but my favorite instruments are the violin, cello, and oboe. πŸ™‚
                        @sarah-hoven I just finished Fire yesterday! πŸ™‚ It was the first I had ever read from the series. It was great! I will be getting another tonight from a friend!
                        @gabrielle I haven’t had a piano teacher for a while, so the only piano music I play now is for church and I really enjoy that. πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Emma L..
                        Christine Eaton
                        @christi-eaton

@emma-l I love Lamplighter myself. I have slowly collected all of the audio dramas, and I have a decent collection of the books, they are so pretty I love to display them. Fun Fact, I am relistening to A Peep Behind the Scenes right now, I plan to do a book review on it soon.
                          I actually went to a used bookstore and they had some random antique books for super cheap,(I’m a sucker for old books) and I found a 1904 edition of The Wide, Wide World, and a 1907 copy of Stepping Heavenward. I think that has been my greatest find ever.

So besides Lamplighter what else do you like to read?

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Emma L.
                          @emma-l
                            • Total Posts: 7

I love the Peep Behind the Scenes audiodrama!!! It is definitely one of my favorite books, I just forgot to mention it.
                            Christi. That. Is. So. Awesome. I love Stepping Heavenward so much!
                            I enjoy reading G. A. Henty’s books, like the Cat of Bubastes and the Young Carthaginian. The others that come to mind that I also enjoyed reading were Horatio Alger’s Ragged Dick series (set in the Great Depression), R. M. Ballantyne’s books, missionary biographies/autobiographies, and I could go on forever. πŸ˜‰
                            What about you?

Christine Eaton
                            @christi-eaton

@emma-l The Cat of Bubastes is perhaps my favorite Henty book. That is another book review on my list πŸ™‚

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper
                                • Total Posts: 3515

@bluejay I know, I know…I was just trying to help @daeus. *stomps off to bed* *melts bed*

β˜€ β˜€ β˜€ ENFP β˜€ β˜€ β˜€

Rolena Hatfield
                                @rolena-hatfield
                                  • Total Posts: 405

@emma-l A hearty welcome to you! I just recently heard of Lamplighter books. Any recommendations besides the ones you and @christi-eaton have already mentioned? Are you working on any writing projects right now?
                                  Also my sister loves to listen to Irish music! I wish I could record your Irish whistle, she’d flip!
                                  Glad to have you here!

@perfectfifths
                                  Eugene says that doesn’t he? πŸ™‚

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >