Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!!

Home Page › Forums › General Site Info › Start HERE › Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    Catwing
    @catwing
      • Total Posts: 2557

@jess-penrose I like the -eth s. I used to have a KJV bible until it vanished. Now I have ESV. It is easier to understand, but I like the sound of KJV still. (And that is the most accurate.) My dad probably has one (it is most likely packed since we are moving though. Cause he has several versions. I still have mine unpacked of course.)

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

J.A. Penrose
      @jess-penrose
        • Total Posts: 377

@catwing Wait a moment. You said yesterday. I’m confused… are you American? And if so then I am officially confused about what time it is over there these days…

Writer | Freelance Editor
        Inspiration&lt

Catwing
        @catwing

I am American. If you are in England you are 6 hours ahead of me. If you are in Australia you are probably about 12 hours ahead (swap the Am with Pm to get the correct time) @jess-penrose
          though those posts were probably today 😛 I didn’t look at the dates.

J.A. Penrose
          @jess-penrose

@catwing *blinks* I’m in Australia, but for some reason I don’t think that it is 12:30 am for you…

Inspiration&lt

Catwing
            @catwing

I do like sudoku. @jess-penrose Okay my calculations are off. It is 9:30 pm here. Plus 14 hours equals 11:30 Am. Okay so you are 15 hours ahead?

J.A. Penrose
              @jess-penrose

Erm.. Hang on… I would assume so. Well, at least that makes more e=sense than you being up at 12:30am!
                Although, I must leave now. *waves* Farewell!

Inspiration&lt

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper
                  • Total Posts: 3515

@jess-penrose
                  Well, in my opinion, I wouldn’t use the Message bible because even though it is an easier version to read and uses more colloquial terms, it isn’t necessarily doctrinely ‘sound’. One verse that is extremely important to us as Christians is this “Before Abraham was, I Am.” This clearly states that Jesus is God, very important to many things in the Gospel and doctrines of resurrection. The MSG version says “I am who I am before Abraham was anything.” It sort of leaves out the emphasis that Jesus is God. It’s these little underlying things that I try to stay away from. The MSG version of John 1:14 says, “The word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood. We saw the glory with our own eyes, the one-of-a-king glory, like Father, like Son, Generous inside and out, true from start to finish.” Okay, so clearly the ‘moved into the neighborhood’ thing is a little silly. But it’s not just this. The underlying themes and doctrines that are so important are left out here and replaced. In the end, it says ‘true from start to finish’. This could indicate that there is a start and finish for God, when there isn’t. We know that God is eternal.
                  Now, I wouldn’t use the Message as a guide. It was written by man, who is inheritly sinful (Romans 1) and thus is tainted to what the author wants it to be. We should primarily use the Bible as our guide, and prove or disprove the MSG by it. Rom 12:2 – “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” NKJV
                  Now, if you want more cross-references, there are plenty verisons of the bible. I don’t necessarily use KJV, because yeah, it is a bit confusing at times. And sometimes Paul’s sentences can be lengthy, but we ‘eat the bible bite-size-edly’ . NKJV and ESV are a bit more understandable. Also, Strong’s Strongest Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible is extremely helpful.
                  If you decide to continue to use the Message bible, although I personally don’t, I encourage you to read Wayne Grudem’s ‘Bible Doctrine‘ book. It has a lot of good things and pointers and necessary truths- not everything I necessarily agree with, but for the most part… – and if you’re dealing with the MSG it will be good to strengthen Biblical truths, even if you already know them. I’ve found that having them fresh in my mind is very helpful.
                  I would also read this article.
                  Thoughts?

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 859

@the-real-kapeefer, I know, I’m extremely late. But, let me just say, Howdy! For those of you northerners who don’t know what Howdy means, let me define. Howdy is “an informal friendly greeting, particularly associated with the western states”.

@dragon-snapper
                    , I agree with you. The message Bible doesn’t even deserve to be called a Bible. Oh, and definitely put Daniel in the LKD. Sitting on Josiah’s head would work, until he epically manages to take over his job 😜.
                    And I’m sorry Hamilton lovers, because this time Daniel is right. No matter what the movie/play you are talking about portrays him, Jefferson was definitely better. And thats not just because he loved vanilla ice cream. He wanted a smaller government. Hamilton basically wanted to create a monarchy again. It is sad how people mis-understand Jefferson. On a happier note, this is definitely the craziest forum around. 😉

Anonymous

Oh, and I just realized I was right. I figured you were an ENTP Daniel. My little brother Daniel, my dad, 4 of my other brothers, and myself, are all ENTPs also. I don’t think there are many ENTPs on here. I could be wrong though….

Daniel DeGraaf
                      @the-real-kapeefer
                        • Total Posts: 25

@koryn-koch there are only 10 regions, so if your region did average they would get at least 2 spots in the top 2 in each category, so… ;P

@aratrea
                        Wow, way to pull the curtain away, also why fo you guys have forum guidelines? Are you guys trying to take my first amendment away from me, what’s next, the second 😉

@salome01w4g
                        Yeah I’m joking, I personally read the Bible straight from the original Hebrew and Greek texts. And no I do not understand it, But it makes for great Instagram posts.

@shannon Your whole family is ENTP???? You guys must drive your mom crazy!

Koryn Koch
                        @koryn-koch
                          • Total Posts: 39

Honestly, it’s rather stupid for us to be arguing over which is the best region because neither of us has competed in the other’s region. But I do know that in region VI everyone is super nice.

Koryn Koch
                          @koryn-koch
                            • Total Posts: 39

@the-real-kapeefer Are any of your siblings still in NCFCA? Are you planning on judging at all this year?

Anonymous

@the-real-kapeefer, not my whole family. All my brothers except one are ENTPs, and Justin (the one who didn’t turn out an ENTP) is an ENFP, which is pretty close. But my sisters…well, who know what they are. Actually, there is quite a conglomeration of types in our family. But all the guys are basically the same. And it’s sorta weird, because I am the only girl ENTP I know.

Hannah
                              @salome01w4g
                                • Total Posts: 991

@the-real-kapeefer …….. haha not sure if I’m supposed to believe that…. this is dangerous at least in videos we know your fooling around.

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Anonymous

Oh also Daniel, we don’t drive our mom crazy that much because only 2 ENTPs, (me and Daniel) live at home. All the rest are from my Dad’s first marriage, (he had 8 kids then, and the rest of us 4 are from his second) so they’re all grown up. I know, it’s slightly confusing, but I’m kinda getting used to explaining it now. It makes for some fun times though, because there are currently 16 grandkids and 1 on the way.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 218 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >