Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    Snapper
    @dragon-snapper
      • Total Posts: 3515

@epicaddie2 If you want action stories, go the Bible. 😀 We did Judges a few summers ago in my youth group, and I’m glad we did. 🙂

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

EpicAddie2
      @epicaddie2
        • Total Posts: 794

@dragon-snapper I’ve never read Judges. I think that’s what I’ll read in my Bible next😂

INFJ ~ 4w5
        aldarley.wordpress.com

Koryn Koch
        @koryn-koch
          • Total Posts: 39

@the-real-kapeefer What? You did Lame Debate? That’s for Learning Disabled people. NCFCA only has one kind of debate, Team Policy. There is no other. At least, no other that is worth anything. I will not lower myself enough to argue with you about the best Region. Everyone knows region VI is the best and that’s all there is to it. But I agree with you about Duo. I love duo (I’m doing one with my brother this year). I think Informative (or Original Oratory as it’s named this year) is my second favorite. I’ve never done an IO

Daniel DeGraaf
          @the-real-kapeefer
            • Total Posts: 25

@dragon-snapper You used the KJV (blue letter bible), which is not the most literal translation of the Bible and makes several extrapolations from the actual text. I would recommend The Message Bible as it is far more literal.

@epicaddie2
            Yes, I won’t know what hit me because your strikes are so weak that they produce no measurable effect on me,

@epicaddie2
            Region what??? Sorry, I have never heard of that one, you guys must not place to well at nationals.
            Ah yes, Lame Debate is so much worse than arguing over one piece of evidence for one and a half hours. IO is really fun, but a lot of work, you should try it though.

EpicAddie2
            @epicaddie2
              • Total Posts: 794

@the-real-kapeefer
              Fine, think what you want. I’ll use your underestimation of me to my advantage.

INFJ ~ 4w5
              aldarley.wordpress.com

Snapper
              @dragon-snapper

@the-real-kapeefer Nooo… You do know that the KJV is one of the most accurate and to-the-text-bible translations we have, right?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Snapper
                @dragon-snapper

Oh, and also, a few differences in the wording of a section of the bible does not change the story.

@the-real-kapeefer

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

J.A. Penrose
                  @jess-penrose
                    • Total Posts: 377

@the-real-kapeefer NONONONO! Please be joking. The Message isn’t a translation. It is a guide that is NOT meant to be used as a translation. And personally I would say that KJV is accurate, but confusing, and I would cross reference between KJV, ESV, and NIV.

Writer | Freelance Editor
                    Inspiration&lt

Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper

@jess-penrose Agreed. KJV is accurate, and although no extremely literal to the Greek, it is still as we say, accurate. I use ESV and KJV and NKJV, and although they aren’t the same, they are all correct in biblical doctrine.

@the-real-kapeefer

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

J.A. Penrose
                      @jess-penrose
                        • Total Posts: 377

@dragon-snapper Indeed. Hence I learn my Bible verses direct from there most of the time. *Shrugs* But then again, the Holy Spirit will tell you things in many ways. Even reading fiction, biographies, or absolutely anything. God will get His message across.

@the-real-kapeefer

Writer | Freelance Editor
                        Inspiration&lt

Koryn Koch
                        @koryn-koch

@the-real-kapeefer Actually, Region VI did really well at Nats last year. The second place duo was ours :P. Lame Debaters are lazy. Only 45 minutes?? Seriously? And we are debating on real-life issues instead of debating whether a guilty person should be put in prison for life or should take care of dogs to make them better. My friend likes IO a lot as well. I would like to do one, but I’ve heard besides taking a lot of time, they are also relatively expensive. Just curious have you done BP?

Koryn Koch
                          @koryn-koch

And Bock/Bock (Region VI) won TP

Koryn Koch
                            @koryn-koch

(I find this amusing that there are two or three conversations going on at once right now)

Daniel DeGraaf
                              @the-real-kapeefer
                                • Total Posts: 25

@jess-penrose and @dragon-snapper It is totally a translation of the Bible, I have checked and it is very accurite.

@koryn-koch
                                Wow you guys got second place in one out of the eleven different speech categories. Oh yeah, real life issues that are total practical for your everyday life like how the US should change in regards to China. I have found that really useful. No I havn’t done BP, although BP is one of my favorite places to get gas.
                                Also, Bock/Bock sounds like a chicken…
                                That’s not supposed to be a joke I just found that funny.

Koryn Koch
                                @koryn-koch

@the-real-kapeefer Which means they were one of 22 people in the entire country. I call that pretty good.
                                  And actually, it was extremely helpful for me, I learned all about policy and China. It was very interesting. But of course, lame debaters wouldn’t understand. And you at your age should appreciate the rez this year which all about higher education. I want to run a case about making college more affordable…
                                  -_- BP is a great category, I’m doing one this year. What other speeches did you do? Did any of your other siblings do NCFCA?
                                  And yes, Bock/Bock does sound like a chicken. There used to be four Bocks and once three of them were in a round together. Everyone thought that was really funny, especially because the one non-Bock had a name that sounded like the crowing of a rooster (I don’t remember what it was). People are still laughing about that round. But they still won Nats in debate.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 218 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >