Hi!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    skye
    @skye
      • Total Posts: 4

Hi! I’m Katie.

I love Jesus, reading, livestock, and (of course) writing. But that’s just the basic overview, haha 🙂

Soooo, in each of those subcategories….

Jesus~ I lead a Bible Study for teen girls. Actually, we just finished as study tonight, which I wrote. All my passions kind of intertwine, really. You’ll probably see that a lot! Also, I help out with my church’s youth group, as well as go to it.

Reading~ I’m a literal bookworm. I love mysteries, fantasy, and an occasional deep theological book or historical fiction.

Livestock~ horses and cattle, specifically. I’ve never owned either, but work with them fairly consistently and would love to own some someday.

Writing~ I blog at http://www.thingsabove32.wordpress.com (though I’m planning on buying a domain name soon, so I’m excited for that) and http://www.pilgrimwest.wordpress.com (that one’s still in its very early stages). I also write medieval fantasy and I’m working on a devotional book.

So, that’s a brief overview. I’m glad to be a KaPeeFer, and my maniacal INTJ self welcomes me to the bestistest place on the internet 😉

-Katie

valtmy
      @valtmy
        • Total Posts: 732

@skye

Welcome fellow INTJ to the bestistest place on the internet! Hope you enjoy yourself here! 😀

So what are your favourite books?

Grace H.
        @gh24682468999
          • Total Posts: 199

@skye Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! Things Above looks fabulous, and it’s great how you’re using your writing to serve the Lord 🙂

What are some of your favorite movies?

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
          literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

pickupyourpenandwrite
          @pickupyourpenandwrite
            • Total Posts: 37

@skye

Hi! It’s nice to meet you. I’m glad to see someone else likes reading mysteries here as well 😀  What are you writing at the moment?

"Come out from them and be separate says the Lord." 2 Corinthians 6:17

J.A. Penrose
            @jess-penrose
              • Total Posts: 377

Welcome, welcome @skye! I take it you have stalked these forums enough to know the drill. 😛

Do you have any main songs/collections/sounds that you tend to listen to while writing?

Writer | Freelance Editor
              Inspiration&lt

Ingrid
              @ingridrd
                • Total Posts: 830

@skye  Helloooooo!!!!  Since you said you work with horses, I assume you ride them…?  If so, do you ride English or Western??  I wish I owned a horse too…*sigh*  Anyway, welcome, welcome!

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Ben Powell
                @supermonkey42
                  • Total Posts: 273

@skye Welcome to KP!

It’s cool that you write medieval fantasy. I don’t see too much of that. 🙂

Any favorite authors?

A Kapeefer for life!
                  Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Skredder
                  @skredder
                    • Total Posts: 527

@skye Welcome, welcome, welcome! It’s great to have you aboard!

You said you like reading mysteries. Have you read the old Nancy Drew books?

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Kaya Young
                    @kaya-young
                      • Total Posts: 272

@skye  Hello!

You said you like cattle, and I do too! Even though cows aren’t very smart, they are pretty and graceful in their own way.

Have you seen mini cows? I think they are super cute!

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
                      http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

skye
                      @skye
                        • Total Posts: 4

Alrighty… answers!

@valtmy
                        ~ some of my favorite books are Les Miserables (Victor Hugo), The Scarlet Pimpernel (Emma Orczy), and actually, War and Peace (Leo Tolstoy) was really good. But also anything by Agatha Christie (but especially the Tommy and Tuppence series), Wayne Thomas Batson (especially The Door Within trilogy), and just other good books. Suggestions are welcome 🙂

@gh24682468999
                        ~ thanks for the welcome and for checking out TA! Some of my favorite movies are the Avengers series, The Princess BrideNorth and South, and John Wayne movies. Ooh! And The Lord of the Rings trilogy (especially The Return of the King)

@pickupyourpenandwrite
                        ~ right now, I am writing a response to everyone who posted on this thread, haha 😉 But for books, I’m working on a fantasy novel and a devotional book. The fantasy novel is about a guy who doesn’t realize he’s bad, and his journey to redemption. And the devo book is just a devo book 🙂

@jess-penrose
                        ~ I don’t generally listen to music when I write, but when I do, it would probably be Piano Guys, piano Disney music, or old Country. What about you?

@ingridrd
                        ~ I ride western. Though I’d love to try English sometime! Mostly I just do pleasure riding, but I’ve been in a couple rodeos, which is fun. But I feel like it’s easier to compete when you have your own horse 😛

@supermonkey42
                        ~ I like a lot of authors. Agatha Christie, Wayne Thomas Batson, Victor Hugo, Jane Austen, J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis… the list goes on and on. Random question, do you play Bloons Tower Defense? Or do you just have “supermonkey” in your username just because?

Ben Powell
                        @supermonkey42
                          • Total Posts: 273

@skye That’s a good list of authors. 🙂

😀 Actually, yes, BTD is where my username originally came from. I started using it years ago and it’s just kinda stuck. I’m assuming you’ve played the game, because you’re the first one to ask that.

A Kapeefer for life!
                          Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Skredder
                          @skredder
                            • Total Posts: 527

@skye Wahoo! Piano Guys and The Princess Bride! 😀

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Elizabeth
                            @that_writer_girl_99
                              • Total Posts: 1819

hey there! Glad you could join us.

Most people ’round here think of nice, book related questions to ask, but here’s a few generic ones…

Favorite color?

Left-handed or right-handed?

Do you play an instrument?

Welcome to KP!

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice
                                • Total Posts: 3365

Hey @skye

Welcome to KP!!! We’ve got a lot in common too 🙂 I love Les Mis and just finished writing my own retelling of it, and I love The Scarlet Pimpernel as well and I’m planning a retelling of it as well. I’ve never read War and Peace but I did read Anna Karenina last month.

I also love horses and own four, though I don’t really ride anymore.

Have you read much of Charles Dickens? He’s my favourite author at the moment!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Sam Kowal
                                @sam-kowal
                                  • Total Posts: 635

@skye 😀 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! That’s cool that you lead a Bible Study. I don’t think I’ve meant a teenager who does that. What parts of the Bible have you studied most recently?

I love fantasy, too! I’m a fantasy writer, for the most part. I have a pet dragon named Stan, who I rescued as a hatch-ling.

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                                  Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >