Hi

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Emma Flournoy
    @emma-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 1352

@TheAcornMan Hi and welcome! It’s really so cool to have a Brit here now. We have an Irish person but no English.
      I’m 16 soon to be 17 and play the violin too, and love British history. 🙂 Do you have a favorite book?

(@GracieGirl then we’re almost the same age! *high-five* My birthday’s in early-mid January…sooo, about one month or so before yours. 😀 )

TheAcornman
      @theacornman
        • Total Posts: 125

@graciegirl Nice to meet you. I did the Myers-Briggs test before but I can’t remember what I ended up being. What is yours?

That one English guy.

TheAcornman
        @theacornman

@daughteroftheking I shouldn’t be surprised. I mean look at your profile pic.

That one English guy.

TheAcornman
          @theacornman

@emma-flournoy My birthday is at the beginning of January. I don’t have a favourite. Do you?

That one English guy.

Emma Flournoy
            @emma-flournoy

@TheAcornMan Ha! That’s funny. Yup, I really love Victor Hugo’s Les Miserables. Have you read it?
              The Lord of the Rings is one of my favorites too.

TheAcornman
              @theacornman

@emily-flournoy I haven’t read it but I have seen some of the movie. Lord of the Rings is good (the books). I am starting to get into a really bad habit of not reading. I kinda need to be kicked for it lol.

That one English guy.

Emma Flournoy
                @emma-flournoy

@TheAcornMan Yeah…I’ve read that most of the movies of it aren’t very accurate to the book. 😛 But the book is REALLY good. Unabridged.
                  I like the LotR books and movies, both in different ways. Have you seen the movies, but don’t like ’em?
                  Heh. 😀 Go bury yourself in the library for a bit. Maybe that’ll help.

TheAcornman
                  @theacornman

@emma-flournoy I like the movies as well. Even though now I don’t read as much as I’d like I find the books are often better. What do you write?

That one English guy.

Emma Flournoy
                    @emma-flournoy

@TheAcornMan I’m glad. 😀 I know though, books are very often better. I’ve found that if you want a pretty accurate book-to-movie adaptation, BBC does very well with it. I’ve seen a lot of BBC period dramas (mostly Dickens, Austen, Gaskell), and in my experience they’re usually really accurate. And SO WELL DONE. I love BBC.

Actually I’m not a writer. 😛 I think I’m the only non-writer here, but there it is. My older sister Kate-Flournoy who’s on here is a writer (and her current book is my other favorite 😉 ), and though I don’t write books myself I know a lot about it, and love reading and hanging around with/helping writers. 🙂

TheAcornman
                      @theacornman

@emma-flournoy Oh okay, have you ever thought about writing? Is BBC often watched in America? (Sorry if you are not American, I have just assumed) One BBC play adaptation that is really good is An Inspector Calls. What era of British history to you like the most?

I just realised we are both vagrants on here. Me being the first Brit and you being a non-writer.

That one English guy.

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy

@TheAcornMan I actually did write, when I was younger. They were mostly rip-offs, of course.
                          I have thought of doing it since, but never very seriously…I think I’m happy enough with my sister’s writing (I’m sort of ‘editor-in-chief’) that I don’t really want to do my own, and I know I wouldn’t be as naturally good at it as she is. 😛 So I don’t have any plans for becoming a writer at present, and don’t really think I will. *shrug*
                          Yep, I’m American. 😀 I don’t know if BBC is much watched in America, as a general rule… My family watches it a lot because we love period dramas and classics and stuff and BBC is so good, but I don’t know about the rest of America. I know a few other people who love BBC (@Ethryndal at least), but not a lot. An Inspector Calls…huh. Never heard of that one!
                          Aahhh! I don’t know! Choosing favorite time periods is SO HARD. 😛 I really like the Middle Ages, but the 1600s-1800s are great too. Basically the 1000s-1800s? Which hardly counts as one era. Oh well. You said yours is medieval times, right? I love that stuff.

Ha! That’s funny.

TheAcornman
                          @theacornman

@emma-flournoy Yeah medieval times and most things before then. I do also like the 1600 and 1700s (well the naval history anyways). What were your stories rip-offs of? I studied An Inspector Calls at school it was the one piece of literature I actually enjoyed. Do you have any suggestions for threads I should join? I am getting lost in the sheer number of them…

That one English guy.

TheAcornman
                            @theacornman

@graciegirl Do you recommend I do it again?

That one English guy.

Ethryndal
                              @ethryndal
                                • Total Posts: 1013

*pops in* DID SOMEONE SAY PERIOD DRAMAS?

Oh hi, @TheAcornMan. Are you new? I didn’t see this til now. Welcome to KP!

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

TheAcornman
                                @theacornman

@ethryndal Hi

That one English guy.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 180 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >