Heyo Everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Heyo Everyone!

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Josiah DeGraaf
    @aratrea
      • Total Posts: 717

Welcome to the site @skredder! Glad you found us. 🙂 What authors have influenced you most as a writer?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Skredder
      @skredder
        • Total Posts: 527

@notawriter Oh yes! So many cool effects and other things can be done with digital. You can do so much with light and overlays. They can change the tone of a piece so drastically. One drawing can be colored and lighted in fifteen different ways and can have fifteen different moods and feelings.

It was pretty cool when I realized that the shapes we see are really just places where color changes, even just by half a shade. Color is so amazing!

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Skredder
        @skredder

@aratrea Hey! Glad to be here!

That author question is a bit difficult for me to answer. Carolyn Keene has been big in my childhood (yes, I know that’s not a single person), Chuck Black, Lois Walfrid Johnson, and several fanfic writers that I used to talk to.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

The fledgling Artist
          @notawriter
            • Total Posts: 328

@skredder
            Yes!! So cool. Do you have a favorite color? Honestly I can’t ever give anyone a short or easy answer to that question haha.. As I don’t really have favorite colors so much as favorite tones, saturations, and temperatures 🙂

and I was so confused

Skredder
            @skredder

@notawriter Short answer: my favorite color is green. There are a few shades of green that I prefer, and there are a few shades of green I don’t like. That is actually a pretty interesting story regarding how green became my favorite color if you’d like to hear it.

Josiah DeGraaf
              @aratrea
                • Total Posts: 717

@skredder Neat. I was more of a Hardy Boy than a Nancy Drew reader during elementary/middle school, but I definitely read a lot of those books back then. 🙂

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

The fledgling Artist
                @notawriter

@skredder
                  I would love to hear about why you like green! 😀
                  I like green too! Especially cool greens like evergreen and peacock green! I really like chartreuse though!
                  What about you? What are your favorite (and least favorite?) shades of green? :p

and I was so confused

Skredder
                  @skredder

@notawriter Some of my favorite shades of green are hunter and lincoln green. Mostly I really like the deep, rich shades of green. My lesser liked shades of green include neon green, pastel green, olive green, and throw-up green.

Now, on to the story. When I was little, and I mean about three or four, I liked green. If someone were to ask me my favorite color green would be the first word out of my mouth. But it struck me that a lot of people liked green. It was a very common favorite color, and it was everywhere. The grass, the trees, etc. I wanted to be different. So, I chose red as my new favorite color. Not many people I knew liked it and it wasn’t as often found everywhere. Well, one day, while waiting at a stoplight, I got an epiphany (or what can count for one at four years old). Red was the color of “Stop.” Green was the color of “Go.” and just like that, green was my favorite color once again. Very little trumps four year old logic.

The fledgling Artist
                    @notawriter

@skredder
                      Ew ikr who even likes throw up green?? (I know almost exactly what color you are talking about)
                      I used to love pastels but recently I’ve found that i’m much more drawn to darker, but deep and rich   colors. Like jewel tones maybe? I realized I think I liked pastels because I hated overly saturated colors   and neons (Still do actually) so I just went polar opposite.
                      Haha that’s actually really cute. I like four-year-old logic. 😀

and I was so confused

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >