Heyo Everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Heyo Everyone!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Skredder
    @skredder
      • Total Posts: 527

Hello there, Everyone!

I’m Taylor (Skredder is actually based on that. Does anyone know how?).

Thought I’d say right off the bat (since I’ve seen them mentioned quite a bit) I love dragons.

I have heard and seen a lot of great things about this community, and I firmly believe that the Lord has led me here.

It’s great to meet you all! 🙂

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

The fledgling Artist
      @notawriter
        • Total Posts: 328

Hello, @skredder !  Hope you feel welcome here!
        Do you have any projects you are working on at the moment? (writing, or otherwise)

and I was so confused

The fledgling Artist
        @notawriter

@skredder
          Oh! Also I would love to hear the story behind your username 🙂

and I was so confused

Skredder
          @skredder

Hey! It’s good to see you!

The story behind my username: Skredder is the Norse word for “tailor” which is what my name actually means.

As far as on going projects I do have a finished story, but I need to do some major rewriting (the last third has to change). I have another story, a medieval fantasy with dragons and griffons, that I’ve been working on, but do to some things that have happened recently I don’t know if I will ever finish it. And last, I think, is a newer one that I’m working on some of the characters for.

I don’t have any art projects going at the moment, due to some things happening recently. But if the Lord’s willing, I would greatly enjoy doing that again.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

The fledgling Artist
            @notawriter

@skredder

Cool! Making characters is so fun <3  Are you working on an entire cast, or just a few?
              What sorts of art projects do you enjoy? Do you paint?

and I was so confused

Joy
              @dekreel
                • Total Posts: 2304

@skredder  Greetings, and welcome to the bestest place in cyberspace!!!

I LOVE YOUR USERNAME! It’s so catchy! Skredder, Skredder, Skredder….

So. You’re a dragon lover! Well, I suppose I might as well introduce you to @dragon-snapper. I know you’ll like her. Oh, and Stan! He’s @sam-kowal’s dragon 😉  Oh, and there’s Aviur and Kai, @kate-flournoy’s dragons…  Plus @mariposa’s dinosaur, Aderdeen 🙂

What are your favorite books? TV shows?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Joy.

You can pronounce it however you want.

Sam Kowal
                @sam-kowal
                  • Total Posts: 635

@skredder Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet

Awesome name, by the way. I had no idea how it connected to Taylor, but that’s a cool link. Norse is an epic language

😀 Stan already likes you

(He’s my best pal. He’s spiky, orange and yellow, with little wing stubs too small to let him fly. I rescued him as a hatchling after his relatives threw him out of the nest for being a runt. It’s a long story.)

Good luck with making your new characters 😉 and your writing projects. I’ve got a few writing projects I’m working on myself

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                  Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

PrincessFoo
                  @princessfoo
                    • Total Posts: 194

@skredder Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet Taylor! I love dragons too! I love anything fantasy really. What’s your favorite verse?

Skredder
                    @skredder

@notawriter Right now I’m just working on a few of the main cast. And for art, I don’t paint. Mainly I draw with pencil and paper, then scan it into my computer so I can color it digitally.

@dekreel
                      I do indeed like dragons, but I do have to say I prefer Griffons. I think they’re just a wee bit cuddlier. 🙂 Anyhow, I have a thing for mystery and adventure stories, whether books or TV. Lately though I’ve found myself enjoying the older television shows. You know, the ones right at the era where they learned how to color their shows. The Nancy Drew books were a large part of my childhood.

@sam-kowal
                      Stan sounds adorable! And good luck with your projects as well!

@princessfoo
                      Heyo! Nice to meet you! Fantasy is awesome. Personally I like fantasy, medieval, or (even better) medieval fantasy.

Joy
                      @dekreel
                        • Total Posts: 2304

@skredder  That’s funny how you like old TV shows! I like those too! Especially 1980s Doctor Who, and the show All Creatures Great and Small (late ’70s-’80s), and other old British things. 🙂 Not to mention Star Trek TOS

A Griffon is like a lion with an eagle’s head and wings, right?

You can pronounce it however you want.

Skredder
                        @skredder

@dekreel Yes, a Griffon is a lion with the head and wings of an eagle. Usually they have front claws like an eagle, but I have seen a few depictions that keep all the paws like that of a lion.

Ben Powell
                          @supermonkey42
                            • Total Posts: 273

@skredder Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen!

That’s a cool username. I actually didn’t know what a griffon was, but they sound cool. Umm… do you know a lot of the Norse language or just your username? As for me, I don’t know a word of it.

A Kapeefer for life!
                            Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Skredder
                            @skredder

@supermonkey42 I actually don’t know any of the Norse language. I have entertained the idea of learning Danish though, but haven’t acted on it yet. Google translate has been a dear, dear friend.

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice
                                • Total Posts: 3365

@skredder welcome to Kingdom Pen! What are some of your hobbies, besides writing? Do you know what your MBTI is?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice
                                  • Total Posts: 3365

@skredder you’re name is really cool by the way!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >