Hey, Y'all!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey, Y'all!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Arella Noreen
    @arella-noreen
      • Total Posts: 26

@kate-flournoy It’s never too late! It’s also nice to see another Texan. Around what area do you live, if I may ask? That is, of course, assuming you still live here.

As for my book, I think that the best explanation I can give is in my reply to Rolena, unless I actually sat down and explained the plot…

Actually, hang on, let me go grab my plot summary, I have it here somewhere…

Arella Noreen
      @arella-noreen

@kate-flournoy Ah, yes, here we go! This is like the summary you’d find on the back of the book, so I’m sorry if it seems a little cheesy/cliche.

Ashlyn Green’s life changed in a single night. That night, the same night that took her mother’s life, revealed that she was a little more abnormal than she originally thought. She was born with supernatural powers, a fact that had been unknown until now. Her world is turned entirely on its head, and, to make matters worse, not long after joining a team of similarly abnormal teenagers, Ashlyn discovers that not all those with their abilities use them for good. Some, like the mysterious Oblivion, threaten to destroy what’s left of Ashlyn’s broken world, unless, with the help and guidance of her newfound friends, she can find a way to stop him.

Josiah DeGraaf
        @aratrea
          • Total Posts: 717

Welcome to the forum @arella-noreen! Great to have you with us. I like the premise of your novel–superhero novels are really fun. Have you read Into the Fire or Steelheart? Both are pretty fun superhero stories, especially the former.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Arella Noreen
          @arella-noreen

@aratrea I saw your name mentioned on one of the other posts when I was poking around…I mean that in a non-creepy, anti-stalkerish way, of course. Although…writers are a little stalkerish, come to think of it. We watch people, analyze them, and then write characters based off of them…My point was, it’s nice to actually meet you!

I have not read either, although now I am going to go look them up! Thanks for the suggestions!

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

@Arella-Noreen I like it! *thumbs up* Lots of great story material there. What’s your favorite poem? Mine is probably Tolkien’s Mythopoeia. All of Tolkien’s work, really, but that one especially. 😉

Josiah DeGraaf
              @aratrea
                • Total Posts: 717

@arella-noreen Haha! I’ll take that in creepiest, stalkerish way I can then. 😉 It certainly is true about writers tho… Just as long as you never admit to someone that you modeled that character after them!

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Arella Noreen
                @arella-noreen

@kate-flournoy Favorite? Oh, where do I begin…

I’m honestly not sure! I have too many “favorites”. And what if I choose one, and the others get offended and run away? What would I do then? (Sorry, I swear I’m not completely crazy…)

@aratrea
                  Of course not! Especially because half the time the character ends up evil or dead…

The main hero cast of most my stories is inspired, personality-wise, by close friends and family, since usually their traits are ones I admire and know pretty well. I suppose most of them don’t know that I do stalkerish things, either, I suppose.

Ethryndal
                  @ethryndal
                    • Total Posts: 1013

@Arella-Noreen But really, aren’t all writers sort of crazy? 😀

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Jess
                    @jess
                      • Total Posts: 575

@Arella-Noreen, I’m late (again.) So I’ll just say welcome, and I hope to see you around! 😀 (And I really like your profile pic) *disappears in a cloud of glitter*

Widdrim
                      @widdrim
                        • Total Posts: 16

@arella-noreen Welcome! Your book sounds fun, and hopefully this will be a great place for you to kick around ideas and get feedback! What kind of poetry do you like?

It’s always great to meet another INFJ! ENFP+INFJ is a hilarious duo and I love mine. My ISTJ is a sweetheart, and we get along great 🙂

R. J. Wordsmith
                        @r-j-wordsmith
                          • Total Posts: 113

Hello @arella-noreen, good to have you with us! Sorry if I’m a little late. The description of your book sounds great by the way. What kinds of fantasy have you written?

Arella Noreen
                          @arella-noreen

@widdrim I love a lot of kinds of poetry. Especially any kind that is very figurative and flowy. Blank Verse, Villanelles, and spoken word are probably some of what I read/write/appreciate the most, as well as general rhyme and rhythm poetry.

Outside of INFJ+ENFP duos, I also love the combination of INFJ+INTP, or the amazingly sarcastic and hilarious quartet of INFJ+ENFP+INTJ+INTP.

@jess
                            See you around, friend! Expect me to appear in a cloud of smoke or drop in from the ceiling.

Arella Noreen
                            @arella-noreen

@r-j-wordsmith All’s well, my friend! Thank you for your opinion, as well. As for fantasy, most of it is made up of various short stories, although I have a full novel planned for sometime in the future. I lean towards more Tolkein kind of worlds: dragons, sword fighting, and adventure.

Gracie
                              @graciegirl
                                • Total Posts: 889

@Arella-Noreen Welcome to the Grand Kingdom of Pen! I’m a little on the later side, but I saw MBTI acronyms and I just had to chip in! 😀 I’m an INFP with an ENFP brother and an ISTP sister. They’re both my best friends but it goes without saying that Sis and I have more than a few differences. 😉 She talks engineering, I say “I’ll take your word for it.”. I talk story structure and character development, and she tell me I’m bonkers. We’ve got a system going. XD
                                And I don’t mean to freak any of you out, but I spent like 20 mins. last night adapting some of your names into ones for my story world. And then I spent half an hour today using them for my calligraphy practice too. XD Zikers, the things we writers will do…Or maybe it’s just me that’s this crazy? :p
                                Anywho, welcome! Look forward to seeing you around!

*is probably geeking out about something*

Arella Noreen
                                @arella-noreen

@graciegirl Yeah, I’ve got a strange version of the Midas curse; every post I touch seems to turn into an MBTI nerd fest, so expect it in the future…

As for the naming, I’d personally be honored. I know that I’ve used similar names for characters when it comes to people I know. As far as calligraphy, I’m not sure if there is any salvaging my handwriting…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >