Hey, Y'all!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey, Y'all!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Arella Noreen
    @arella-noreen
      • Total Posts: 26

Hello, everyone! I’m so excited to join the Kingdom, which is of course why I’m here. I’ve been writing for a while now, and have recently heard of this wonderful community/site through The Rebelution’s Young Writers Workshop. I immediately hopped over here to see what was going on.

I’m a God-made, Jesus-saved, Texan-raised fifteen-year-old, who is homeschooled and proud of it. I primarily read and write fantasy or sci-fi, although I also adore poetry and write it on occasion. I’m also a master wielder of sarcasm, so beware. I’m incredibly passionate, so watch out for long comments/posts, because they will be coming at some point. I want to write books for a living, so why not practice in the comments? All jokes aside, I’m so happy to finally be able to join this community, and look forward to meeting and talking to y’all!

Rolena Hatfield
      @rolena-hatfield
        • Total Posts: 405

@arella-noreen Welcome to the forum Arella!!! So glad you’ve made it here! First of all, I’m glad to see some Texan’s joining us here 🙂 I’ve visited and like your state very much!
        Master wielder of sarcasm eh??? You’ve come to the right place 😛
        Are you currently writing a story and what’s it about?

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Snapper
        @dragon-snapper
          • Total Posts: 3515

@arella-noreen What a pretty name! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internets! I myself want to be an author when I grow up, and have finished a fantasy novel. However, my next is sci-fi, so any pointers you have about that would be nice to know!
          Again, WELCOME!!!

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Arella Noreen
          @arella-noreen

@rolena-hatfield Thanks! At the moment, I’ve recently finished the first draft of my sci-fi (-ish?) novel. It’s basically a superhero novel, which is why I’m not sure what genre to call it. Some people say sci-fi, other say…something else. Oh well. Anyways, it’s about a girl who discovers she has superpowers after getting into a bad wreck that kills her mom and nearly takes her life as well. Then I throw in a team of other teenagers who have all have wonderfully traumatic incidents that have unlocked their powers, a slightly insane yet extremely intelligent villain, and a bit of survivor’s guilt and a desire to prove yourself and you’ve basically got my book! Of course, who doesn’t love a book filled with superpowers, teenage hormones, witty humor, and general insanity?

Also, yes, I’ve seen enough sarcasm on the forums to get me excited. You’re welcome to visit the Lone Star State at any point! *nods*

Arella Noreen
            @arella-noreen

@dragon-snapper Thanks for the compliment! Arella isn’t my actual name, although I adore it. Arella Noreen is my pen name. Arella means messenger from God, and Noreen means light, and that’s what I hope to be as an author.

Anytime you want to discuss either genre, let me know!

Daeus
              @daeus
                • Total Posts: 4238

@arella-noreen Glad you found us! (And, yes, we are the bestistet place on the internet.)

I think you’ll find a lot of fantasy writers here to keep you company. (I haven’t written it yet, but I hope to start in a month or two.)

By the way, you don’t happen to know what your personality type is, do you?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Rolena Hatfield
                @rolena-hatfield

@arella-noreen Haha! I have had that problem where no one was really sure what genre to put my book under. 🙂 That plot sounds super intriguing! I like how they can’t unlock their powers until they’ve gone through a traumatic incident. Do these bad wrecks have anything to do with the slightly insane, yet extremely intelligent villain? You just might have to post a scene at some point. There’s a possibility that I might be extremely curious about this story. (Actually that’s probably an understatement.) 😀

Ethryndal
                  @ethryndal
                    • Total Posts: 1013

@Arella-Noreen Welcome, fellow Wielder of Sarcasm! I like your kind. That’s neat, how you came up with your pen name. Unfortunately, Ethryndal doesn’t mean anything but ‘it sounds good’. Ooh, and I like your profile pic! Out of curiosity, did you draw it?

And yes, what Daeus said. Tell us your personality type so that all the MBTI Fanatics can discuss and take notes. 😛

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Arella Noreen
                    @arella-noreen

@daeus You don’t happen to be the same Daeus from the lovely YWW, do you? As for my personality type, I happen to be deeply fascinated with and passionate about the psychology of MBTI. I’m an INFJ who is always open to deep discussion on the types and cognitive functions. What about you?

@rolena-hatfield
                      A lot of their incidents are different, as long as they all have some way where they have to use their powers to survive/escape. For example, the main character’s best friend on the team has fire powers, which she discovered after a house fire killed her family and she only made it out because of her powers. There’s a lot of theme to the book, because the main character is basically struggling with her guilt and trying to figure out who she is/why she was given powers the entire time. As for the villain having to do with the wreck, all I will say is that a writer never reveals their secrets!
                      And maybe, just maybe, I’ll post a scene at some point…

Arella Noreen
                      @arella-noreen

@ethryndal It certainly does “sound good”! No, I didn’t draw it, although I wish I did! I have a bird of the same species, so that’s why I like it/used it.

Daeus
                        @daeus
                          • Total Posts: 4238

@arella-noreen Oh, yes, I’m on YWW, I’m just afraid I don’t show up there much. This is my main hub…

Ooh, neat! The MC of my book was an INFJ, so I think that’s particularly cool. I’m an ENFJ myself. (Which is at least equally cool, of course.)

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Arella Noreen
                          @arella-noreen

@daeus Why hello, fellow xNFJ! Even if you aren’t an ENFJ, our types do have their similarities, such as the many jokes of, “I have a cold, but I have three xNFJs with me, so I’m good!”, or other similar things! My MC is also an INFJ, although that’s partially because she’s based off of me. My sister, who is like my best friend, is an ENFP, which, as you can imagine, makes us an interesting, entertaining, and dangerous pair!

Kate Flournoy
                            @kate-flournoy
                              • Total Posts: 3976

I’m late, but welcome to KP @Arella-Noreen! Sounds like you and I have a lot in common (my INFP personality type aside 😉 ). I was born in Texas, adore poetry, write fantasy and sci-fi, homeschooled and proud of it, etc. etc. and all the rest. *grins*
                              Can you tell us a little bit about your book? It sounds neat, from what @Rolena-Hatfield said.

Rolena Hatfield
                              @rolena-hatfield

@Arella-Noreen Twas bold of me to ask to be sure. 🙂 Well done guardly your authorly secrets. Oh that’s really cool that their powers come from the kind of situation they escape from. I look forward to hopefully reading some in the future.

I’m an ENFP like your sister! Although we’re best friends as well, my sister is my opposite in terms of personality. She’s an ISTJ, so we make quite the pair!

Arella Noreen
                                @arella-noreen

@rolena-hatfield There are other reflections of their powers as well, in both appearance and personality.

And hello, ENFP! As my mirror function, your type has quite the compatibility with me! A lot of craziness goes down when an ENFP and INFJ are in the same room, trust me. I have like three ENFP friends, along with my sister. Part of that it because they’re like INFJ magnets. They draw us out of hiding. Not sure if I personally know any ISTJs, though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >