Hey, interesting internet strangers

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey, interesting internet strangers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting
      • Total Posts: 1700

Hi! I’m Devastate Lasting, and I’m a teenager, homeschooled, and I love to play the piano. And read. And then there’s writing. I’ve finished the first draft of my first novel, am trying to type it, and I’m trying to write a thirty five book series (ambitious, I know), and I’ve written probably fifty poems which I post on Goodreads. You can stalk me there if you wish. So, uh, less on my writing and more on me. I’m an INFJ personality type, and I’ve got a philosopher complex, so if I ever come up to you and ask what is true art, I’d appreciate you answering my questions instead of giving me weird looks. The only sport I’m good at would be carpetball. And, uh, if you want to know anything else about me, or want to tell me about you, feel free!

Lately, it's been on my brain
      Would you mind letting me know
      If hours don't turn into days

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

Hello @Devastate-Lasting, and welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

I love your name; it reminds me of the Pilgrims. ;P

YOU KNOW YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE AND YOU STATED IT WITHOUT ME ASKING. I LOVE YOU ALREADY. XD INFJ is a great thing to be. *nods* I’m an INFP. 😉 Pleased to meet’cha.

And if you ever ask me what true art is, be prepared for a five page manifesto/rant. Just sayin’.

What’s your series about?

bethanys.inky.roses
        @bethanysinkyroses
          • Total Posts: 193

Hey Devastate! Welcome to KP. Someone is going to be sure to tell you it’s the bestistest place on the interent. So I’ll just tell you that I’ve found the Kingdom to be a very wonderful place!
          What is your novel about? 🙂
          I’d love to talk true art with you sometime. 😀

Mariposa Aristeo
          @mariposa
            • Total Posts: 335

Ooh! A stranger, from the outside! 😉 Me and my dinosaur greet you.

I’m an INFJ too. 😊 I was homeschooled all my life so we seem to have a lot in common. I’m not good at any sport (except on the wii), so you’re doing better than me.

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

@Devastate-Lasting Sweet, a philosopher!

I won’t stare at you for asking about true art. I might stare at you for trying to write a 35 volume series. 😉 Not because it’s crazy, but because it’s crazy. Yep. Haha. 😀

True art? I don’t know if I’ve ever heard that exact term before. I’ve come to the conclusion myself that art is not necessarily beautiful. I’d define art as something like, “art is the expression of how one views (in its fullest) what life is, has been, and/or will be through the medium of fantasy, which is to say ‘that which has never been before’.” Art is therefore a perception of truth conveyed through that which is experienceable.

Now, as to what is beautiful art, if you want to know my opinion on that, go read my article, “All Art Is Christian.”

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
              @daeus

Forgot two things. Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

Also, I’m an ENFJ, just so you know. I pretty much just order people around on here, act arrogant, and eat ice cream.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Mariposa Aristeo
                @mariposa
                  • Total Posts: 335

@daeus Don’t forget the frozen raspberries.

Daeus
                  @daeus

@mariposa Oh, certainly not! Those are even more important than being arrogant!

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Snapper
                    @dragon-snapper
                      • Total Posts: 3515

@daeus

I pretty much just order people around on here, act arrogant, and eat ice cream.

… You sound like one of my characters. 😀 But, who could blame you. You are a king.

@devastate-lasting
                      Welcome to Kingdom Pen! A place where elves, humans with cloaks, dragons, and all other type of strange mythical creatures join together in a pact to write…stuff. 🙂
                      I am Dragon Snapper, writer of novels, poetry and the occasional short story. I also melt chairs…and phones.

*Disclaimer: Dragon Snapper Industries does not take any responsibility for personal belongings melted by any said Dragon Snapper. You have been warned.*

But don’t worry…I don’t melt people.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

NC Stokes
                      @daughteroftheking
                        • Total Posts: 1156

@devastate-lasting Welcome! *shakes your hand vigorously* Always good to meet another Keeper! You’re an INFJ? Awesome! I’m an INFP.
                        So.. a thirty-five book series? You defiantly get the Gigantic-writing-goal Award. What genre of books do you like to write/read?
                        I’ve never heard of carpetball. Sounds fun!
                        And don’t worry; I would never give you a weird look for asking about true art. I am interested in that question myself. (and giving people weird looks over the internet is all but impossible 😛 )

P.S. Piano is a great instrument, just sayin’ 😉

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

katie
                        @lifeofkatie
                          • Total Posts: 137

Welcome, welcome @devastate-lasting!! I hope you enjoy it here. And a 35 book series is crazy awesome! 😀 It’s so nice to make your acquaintance!

Northerner
                          @northerner
                            • Total Posts: 244

Welcome, as you’ve already been told, to the bestistest place on the internet. We have weird inside jokes here.

I would be glad to discuss art with you — I’m minoring in Philosophy, and had Aesthetics this spring, and I don’t have that many people to talk about things like that with.

Why 35 books? Actually, how do you know it will be only thirty-five?

I’m INTP, by the way. I was home-schooled until college, and I’m a dunce at pretty much any kind of sport. (Not that I tried much, either. My sister got all the muscle.)

Who are your favourite authours?

Mark Kamibaya
                            @mark-kamibaya
                              • Total Posts: 318

@Devastate-Lasting Awesome, a philosopher enters our midst! Be sure to tag me when you create your random philosophical threads. I’ll be sure to pop in and speculate with you.

I blog on story and spiritual things at mkami.weebly.com

J.A. Penrose
                              @jess-penrose
                                • Total Posts: 377

@Devastate-Lasting Aiya! PHILOSOPHER! YES! THIS BE GOOD. VERY GOOD!!!

Erhem, yes, I believe you must be 100% insane to go for a 35 book series. That is awesome. Hope it goes well and doesn’t murder you as you go, well, not too much. I like murdered emotions, makes for good writing y’know?

INFJ, cool. I’m, like what appears to be half the forum, INFP.

And I won’t stare at you for asking what true art is. Or what the purpose of light is. Or whether humans all see colours as the same. Or whether heat is a matter of opinion. Or almost anything else.

I will, however, stare at you if you question the existence of dragons, elves, wizards and the like on the forum.

Any prefered music styles/ artists/ instruments?

Writer | Freelance Editor
                                Inspiration&lt

Emma Flournoy
                                @emma-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 1352

@Devastate-Lasting Hey you’self interesting internet stranger. You may have seen by now that this is the place for philosophers. You’d never get looked at weird for that. *shakes your hand crazily* So WELCOME. I like you.
                                  I like to play the piano too (and violin) and am homeschooled and am a teenager and…I don’t write. But. I hang out here anyway. I’m a story nut at any rate, and very familiar with writing stuff. AND I’m an ENFJ-ISFJ mix thing. I think that’s enough about me.
                                  Have a favorite book?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Emma Flournoy.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 148 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >