Hey Guys, Hi, um….

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey Guys, Hi, um….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Leumeister
    @leumeister
      • Total Posts: 244

Hey guys.

Well, as you can see, I’m new here. I think, from what I’ve seen, that the community is pretty friendly here, and that’s always good! 😀

So anyway, I come from Australia, like writing Science or Modern Fiction (I prefer Sci-Fi, though. :P), I enjoy animating and 3D modelling in Blender, composing music, and…that’s pretty much it. I do like playing video games, but only if I’m playing with friends or on specific instances. I want to try and make better use of my time, and I think I’m succeeding…maybe… 😛

Anyway, this seems like a nice enough place. (I think I’ve seen one person describe it as bestistest? :P) I’ve posted a couple things earlier, but I wanted to announce my joinment! 😀 Srsly Chrome, that’s not a word? 😛

Hannah A. Krynicki
      @hannah-krynicki
        • Total Posts: 81

Welcome! (Someone else will say the bestistest part, guaranteed.) What do you make in Blender? I tried it awhile ago but never got very good at it. 🙂

Leumeister
        @leumeister

@hannah-krynicki

Thanks for the welcome! 😀

I’ve made space ships (a few examples), motion graphics (1 example), characters (several examples, not including reskins of Minecraft character rigs), everyday objects (a few examples), environments (at least 3 or 4 examples), interiors (at least 3 examples), and a lot of test animations. I’m currently working on an animated birthday card for a cousin of mine. His birthday was the Saturday before last, so it’s a bit overdue. 😛

Oh, and I cannot help but encourage you to keep trying Blender. … Yes, I’m biased about it, but if you get good at it, you’ll be able to make the stuff in your stories! There are tonnes of tutorials out on the interwebz for Blender. One such person I recommend is Andrew Price (BlenderGuru). He does really good tutorials! 😀

Jess
          @jess
            • Total Posts: 575

@leumeister, Hello again! And, welcome to the bestistest place on the inter web! (So someone beat me to it the first time, but I’ll come in second. Or third because Hannah already mentioned it…) Blender is on my computer, but I haven’t done anything with it yet. 🙁 I prefer fantasy (A lot of people here do) but I’m currently writing a sci-fi/dystopian. Welcome again! *vanishes in a cloud of glitter* (Best I could come up with 😛 )

Leumeister
            @leumeister

@jess

Hi! Wow, a lot of people (three :P) have Blender on their computers! XD What are you planning on using it for?

Jess
              @jess
                • Total Posts: 575

@Leumeister, I got it out of curiosity, and watched a few tutorials, but then this horrible plague called school came along, and spare time went out the window. (Actually, I like school, but it does take up some time. I’m homeschooled, so that helps some… with both time and liking it.) I would eventually like to use it to render characters.

Leumeister
                @leumeister

@jess

I see, yeah. Life and school can easily get in the way.

Also, that’s a good thing to pursue. May I just say, though, that instead of modeling your characters in the pose you want them, and leaving them that way, I recommend modelling them in a T-pose, and then applying armature to them, so then you can pose them later quite easily. 🙂

BlueJay
                  @bluejay
                    • Total Posts: 1622

@leumeister Interesting name. Care to explain??? So you’re Aussie too??? So I am!!! Yay!
                    Oh yeah, whoops, welcome, welcome, welcome. (Can’t forget the welcome, can I?)

Sarah Hoven
                    @sarah-h
                      • Total Posts: 669

@leumeister Yay, another Australian has joined! 🙂 Welcome to the forum!

Leumeister
                      @leumeister

@bluejay

Hm… Should I…? 😛

Leumeister
                        @leumeister

Oh, I forgot to add in my first post, that my desire is to create wholesome entertainment in the form of movies, TV series, books, and possibly video games, with good moral lessons and Christian themes, but I also want to appeal to the secular demographic as well.

I believe the entertainment industry is an untapped mission field, and that an animation studio showing the light of God would be a really good thing. It may also even encourage other aspiring Christian animators! 😀

Daeus
                          @daeus
                            • Total Posts: 4238

Hey, @leumeister! Sounds like you’ve got some pretty sweet goals. Keep at it.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Leumeister
                            @leumeister

@Daeus
                              Thanks! 😀 Aquila will probably be part of that goal, too. I originally envisioned it as a TV series before it was a book.

Greta
                              @gretald
                                • Total Posts: 450

@leumeister
                                Hello and welcome to… (wait for it) the bestistest place on the internet (you didn’t see that coming, did you?)! 😉
                                You compose music?! That’s really neat! What instrument do you use? Or do you sing the songs you compose?
                                So true that the entertainment industry is an untapped mission field. Like Daeus said, you have some great goals. 🙂

Leumeister
                                @leumeister

@gretald

XD Thank you for your warm welcome! 😀

Yes, I do compose music, but I don’t actually play an instrument besides my vocal cords, which need autotune to fix up anyway. 😛 I do like fiddling around on the piano, though. That’s actually my favorite instrument. I’m currently working on a couple of covers of some songs that I like. 🙂

Yeah. I hope I’ll attain them some day. I could talk about my dreams all day though! What do you guys like doing in your spare time besides writing?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Leumeister.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >