Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    MNValentine
    @mnvalentine
      • Total Posts: 123

@aratrea Yes, the invisible rank… 🙂

As for my current novel, I actually only recently started writing it. It’s about one thousand words long 🙂 Like I said previously, I ran across some major issues with the trilogy I was previously working on, so I only recently put that one down. And the other novel I’m working on currently is more like thirty thousand words, but it’s going to be a long one, so I don’t anticipate I’ll finish any time soon. Cool with me. I love writing.

What about you? Do you have any projects right now, or is that top secret information?

Silence! Silence everyone, for the king's speech!

Kylie
      @kballen
        • Total Posts: 65

@mnvalentine  YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Another Jane Austen and Narnia fan. I already claim you as a friend. What are your fav foods?

Harry Potter forever!!!!

Kylie
        @kballen

@mnvalentine P.S. I love your last name

Harry Potter forever!!!!

MNValentine
          @mnvalentine

@radically-surrendered Thanks! I love being awesome… 🙂 You seem awesome too!!! What’s your favorite Jane Austen book? I admit I’ve only read Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility. Most of my books are currently taped in boxes from moving so I haven’t hunted down any others.

I just finished Sherlock a little while ago. It was really good, but of course the first two seasons were the best.

MNValentine
            @mnvalentine

@kballen Hi! The Chronicles of Narnia are some of the best books ever written 🙂 And Harry Potter, since I see it in your signature. Those books are so underrated, but they actually have a lot of depth and are just awesome in general.

Favorite foods?!!! I have no idea. Shrimp, definitely. How about chocolate? Does chocolate count? And a lot of soups. And I love basically all fruit, except apples. I’m indifferent to apples.

MNValentine
              @mnvalentine

@kballen Hi! The Chronicles of Narnia are some of the best books ever written 🙂 And Harry Potter, since I see it in your signature. Those books are so underrated, but they actually have a lot of depth and are just awesome in general.

Favorite foods?!!! I have no idea. Shrimp, definitely. How about chocolate? Does chocolate count? And a lot of soups. And I love basically all fruit, except apples. I’m indifferent to apples. You?

Kylie
                @kballen

@mnvalentine Of course chocolate counts, it’s one of the main food groups 😉 My favorite foods have to be lasagna, tuna casserole, fruit and REESE’S BUTTERCUPS. But, wait, no apple pie?!?!

Harry Potter forever!!!!

MNValentine
                  @mnvalentine

@kballen Actually it’s the texture I object to, so yes, I do like apple pie 🙂

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 115

@mnvalentine

Hello!

Squirrels are cute! Except for when they eat all the birdseed. One time, I was trying to figure out what animal my main characters were like. I decided one of them was like a squirrel.

Do you like Star Wars?

Josiah DeGraaf
                      @aratrea
                        • Total Posts: 717

@mnvalentine Cool–kudos to you for being able to handle two novels at once! I’ve never tried that myself, and it sounds difficult to juggle two different stories at once over the long term like that. 😛

Haha; not top-secret at all! I’m actually sending book proposals for one of my fantasy novels this week to some different literary agencies to see what kind of response I get. 🙂 Outside of that, I’ve been writing a number of short stories lately for my website and hope to start writing another novel/novella I have planned, but I need to do some more worldbuilding to be ready for that!

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Sam Kowal
                        @sam-kowal
                          • Total Posts: 635

@mnvalentine 😀 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

Stan is thrilled to meet you. (Stan is my dragon pal. He’s spiky and can’t fly, due to unfortunate circumstances at his birth.)

😀 I love Narnia, too. And also Harry Potter. I read both of those series when I was a lot younger, and I’ve reread them both probably at least half a dozen times since then. They’re two of my favorite series

I like Jane Austen, too, although I’ve only read Pride and Prejudice.

😀 Your projects sound really cool. I write fantasy, too. I’ve never tried urban, though. How is writing that different from high fantasy?

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                          Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Jenna Terese
                          @jenwriter17
                            • Total Posts: 2522

@mnvalentine Glad you decided to join KP! I love the fiddle! (I don’t play though) There’s no such thing as too many books! *says girl with literally no more shelf space and has books stacked about her room*

What are your favorite books/authors?

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                            www.jennaterese.com

MNValentine
                            @mnvalentine

@allison-grace I didn’t use to like squirrels, but now it’s a borderline obsession. I love the old Star Wars trilogy and I have some interest in the new trilogy, but having recently re-watched A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, the old ones are way better. I’m a bit of a purist, so I don’t read the fanfiction either 🙂

MNValentine
                              @mnvalentine

@aratrea I often write multiple novels at once. It can be hard, but it can also keep me going – if I get stuck on one thing, I can write the other for a while. And I always keep one in priority.

Good luck with your proposals!! I’ve read the stories you have on your website and enjoyed them 🙂 And good luck with your world-building, too! World-building is one of my favorite things to do.

MNValentine
                                @mnvalentine

@sam-kowal And I’m thrilled to meet Stan! I, too, am a dragon lover.

Urban fantasy is mostly different from high fantasy in that you have to world-build differently, and do a lot of research. Also, it can be hard to find a way to weave magic into the real world that isn’t super overused. And I’ve noticed the characters are different. They talk differently, dress differently, and have different backgrounds and problems. What’s hardest for me is keeping a good writing style. For some reason, there’s a tendency to write more immaturely in a modern setting.

What’s your current story about?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >