Hey Everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey Everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    LivGiordano
    @livgiordano
      • Total Posts: 86

Oh sheesh. That’s hard. I would have to say team David. But they’re both awesome. *whispers* I read the book, just because after that final episode, I NEEDED to know who she ended up with. That was the most horrible ending every. *sobs* Anyway…have you read the book? It’s actually pretty similar. And she didn’t end up with who I expected her to.

www.livforhim.wordpress.com

Emma Flournoy
      @emma-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 1352

@LivGiordano Yeah, I haven’t seen that many TV shows either. 😛 Plenty of period drama miniseries, but not regular TV shows.

Ahh, I think that depends on how far you watch. *wiggles eyebrows* There are lot of great older ones, but the further you get, at a certain point, you get at least two new AWESOME characters, and by default many more awesome episodes. I don’t know to what point you’ve ever watched—I’ve seen up to like…the beginning of the 6th season, I think—but you might not have met some of the best characters. ;P Mary’s husband, Adam (SUCH a great character), and the little street theif Albert who the Ingalls eventually adopt. Those are two of my favorites. And Pa. Pa’s classic. Though he does seem to be getting a little crankier as the show progresses. And I’ve heard the show doesn’t exactly end satisfactorily, which will be sad. But it’s not a bad show. 😀

LivGiordano
        @livgiordano

*nods* Yeah, those episodes I would count as some of the older, better ones. We’ve watched the whole series. 😉 Both Adam and Albert are pretty cool. But in the final episodes, it isn’t even about the Ingalls anymore. Sadly. It’s mostly about Laura and Almanzo.

Oh, have you gotten to when Nellie gets married? Those ones were pretty funny, with the guy she ends up with. It’s really amusing.

But after Nellie’s not involved anymore, and most of the Ingalls aren’t either (and a new family moves into the Ingall’s old house….*sobs*)…it just isn’t quite as good. Though I did enjoy some of the ending episodes.

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 103

@livgiordano My mom read the book and told me how it ended 😉 Chemistry wise I definitely was all for Neil, although morally I would have gone David. In the book Neil does become a Christian though, right? Maybe in the TV series too, but I don’t remember exactly…

Mariposa Aristeo
            @mariposa
              • Total Posts: 335

@livgiordano Howdy! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosarus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur) greet you! 🙂

What are your favorite hobbies? Do you like to draw?

LivGiordano
              @livgiordano

@radically-surrendered, yes, I think he does become a Christian, or close to it in the book. And his wife actually died a long time before Christie came in childbirth. So that whole element isn’t there.

@mariposa
                Nice to meet both of you! I love making earrings, and I make cards…sometimes. I love to read, and play the piano. And I love doing hair. So…that’s a lot of things! But…no, not really with the drawing. I have seen a bunch of your artwork though. (Yes, I have been looking around your awesome blog.) It’s AMAZING. I love it! But it isn’t really my thing. 😉

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99
                  • Total Posts: 1819

@livgiordano That sounds like an awesome WIP. Good luck with it!

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Ben Powell
                  @supermonkey42
                    • Total Posts: 273

@livgiordano Welcome!

Pure Starlight sounds really cool. It sounds like a fairly original concept.

A Kapeefer for life!
                    Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Jenna Terese
                    @jenwriter17
                      • Total Posts: 2522

@livigiordano Welcome fellow homeschooler! KP is awesome!

What are your favorite books/genres/authors? Do you have other hobbies outside of writing?

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                      www.jennaterese.com

LivGiordano
                      @livgiordano

@that_writer_girl_99 Thank you!

@supermonkey42
                        Thank you! I’m glad it sounds original, and I really hope it is. 😉

@jenwriter17
                        Thanks for the welcome! I can  tell that I’m really going to love it here. 🙂 I love all of Chuck Black’s books, the Ilyon Chronicles, and Lord of the Rings. My favorite genre is fantasy, though I also really enjoy historical fiction. I think Elizabeth George Speare is also an amazing author.

I play piano, and occasionally make cards and earrings. I also LOVE to read. I’m an aspiring hairdresser, so I practice on my little sisters. I also have a slight interest in midwifery, which may or may not have been fueled by the fact that I got to be at my little sister’s birth.

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice
                          • Total Posts: 3365

@livgiordano

You got to be at your little sister’s birth? That’s pretty cool! I’m pretty certain that would have freaked me out.

Anyway! Welcome to Kingdom Pen. Everyone has asked all of the interesting questions so I’ll leave you alone. (I didn’t know there was Christy tv show! Actually, I think I’ve read some of the books based on it though. I have the actual book and I read some of it, but it was just too heavy for me to cope with then and I haven’t tried it again). I also never liked either the reverend or the doctor.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 155

@livgiordano Hi there! Looks like I’m a bit late to the party, but…umm…I must know: have you read The Wingfeather Saga (aka my fav book series ever)?

LivGiordano
                            @livgiordano

@seekjustice Thank you! Yeah, I actually thought it was pretty cool. *nods* Yeah, the book was a little heavy for me too, but not overly so. If it was just a tad more, I probably would’ve quit. 😉 I’m also not a fan of Christie’s rebellious character, and how she acts very familiar with both David and Neil. But at the same time, we watched these episodes as a family, and were able to talk through them, and learn from what was or wasn’t the right behavior.

@waterlily No, I have not read the Wingfeather Saga, though it seems like they’re popular, because I’ve heard them be mentioned numerous times. So…I might want to read them, but is there anything I should know ahead of time? Anything questionable? Because I’m always running out of new books to read. 😉

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 103

@seekjustice There’s only one season of Christy, and I haven’t read the book yet (I fully plan to, though). Dr. MacNeill isn’t very likable at first, but he grows on you. I think the characters were excellently done, and if characters in the book are like the TV version, then I will very much enjoy the book.

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 155

@livgiordano Nope, they’re clean, and I’d recommend them to anyone. Which is saying quite a bit–I can count on the one hand the number of books/book series I’d recommend. Feel free to enjoy all the epicness without worrying about any junk! And there’s a short film based on the first few chapters of the first book on YouTube. You can watch it before reading any of the books–it gives a really good feel for the characters, world, and style of the series. I’m gonna stop talking about Wingfeather Saga now, cause we’ll be here for a while if i don’t. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >