Hey Everyone

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey Everyone

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal
      • Total Posts: 635

@seekjustice

Stan really appreciates it. I almost feel like he’s actually grown a bit since coming here!

Yes! Brandon Sanderson is great. Calamity is a really good ending to Reckoners, too. It’s a bit sad to say goodbye to all the characters though

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
      Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@sam-kowal See? All he needed to grow big and strong was some love

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Ben Powell
        @supermonkey42
          • Total Posts: 273

@sam-kowal Rebels? And charismatic ones too? We can’t have that!

”Calling governmental anti-rebel task force, we have a situation on our hands here.”

”Roger that. Convening on your location now.”

*Looks up and sees a squad of governmental anti-rebel task force special ops troopers with weapons aimed at me* *Remembers I’m a rebel too*

”Er, guys, uh, that was a false alarm… I think they went that way.”

*points towards Stan*

*Troopers disappear*

*hears frightened yells followed by a loud crunching sound*

*Turns around*

*The troopers have fled in fear and Stan is busily eating a pile of raspberries*

Phew, that almost ended really badly. Good thing anti-rebel troopers can’t stand the sight of raspberries. 😉 😀

A Kapeefer for life!
          Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Josiah DeGraaf
          @aratrea
            • Total Posts: 717

@sam-kowal Welcome to the site! Sounds like we have a lot of the same favorite authors between Sanderson and Austen, among others. 🙂

@emily Yeah; unfortunately I don’t have enough web coding knowledge for that. 😛 Those kinds of features will have to wait until we can bring a legit web designer onto our team.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

EpicAddie2
            @epicaddie2
              • Total Posts: 794

@sam-kowal *pops in* Welcome to Kingdom Pen! *shakes your hand violently* Nice to meet you and Stan!

I don’t really want to read through all of the posts on here, so I’ll ask you a question that has probably been asked already. What kind of music do you like to listen to?

And I know I probably didn’t beat @that_writer_girl_99 to this question, but are you right or left handed?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by EpicAddie2.

INFJ ~ 4w5
              aldarley.wordpress.com

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 103

Hey @sam-kowal! Welcome! I’m pretty sure everyone here would agree that we all love Stan to pieces (not literal ones though… That would be far too tragic). I’m also fairly new here. I did the same thing as you, or maybe just a tad worse… Or better… I guess it depends on how you look at it, but I binge-read KPs articles before introducing myself. So, to come up with an original question… *scours through all my ancient scrolls in search of an unasked question* Okay, I think I have one: If you could choose any animal in the world as your pet, which one would you choose? (And I’m sorry, but as much as we all love Stan, *normal* people would be far too terrified. But you can get as crazy as you want with animals from this realm… I personally would choose a Siberian tiger. 😉 ) Anyways, I hope you love it here as much as I do!!!

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 859

@sam-kowal Well, I sing (all the time), and play guitar, violin, and piano.

@emily plays mandolin, violin/fiddle, and piano

My little brother Daniel (who is 11) plays banjo, mandolin, ukelele, violin/fiddle, and has won multiple contests in piano. He can basically turn his hand to any instrument. He’s actually competing in a piano ragtime contest this afternoon. He’s the most gifted of all of us by far.

My little sister Molly (who is 9) plays violin/fiddle, piano, and recently started bass.

In our band we make use of all the above mentioned instruments, because we aren’t strictly a bluegrass band. If you want to see what we are up to, here is a link to our first real performance that we did last month. It’s extremely long so here are a few good times to skip too. 26:23, 35:00 (this is a song that I recorded with my teacher), and the three songs right after that one are pretty good too. Hey @salome01w4g, @ingridrd, @epicaddie2, @daughteroftheking I think I mean’t to show this to y’all, but I’m not sure if I got around to it? If I did, ignore this long rambling post.

Of course, you don’t have to watch that, just thought you might want to see 😉

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 859

Wow that was a long post…

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 1330

@josiah-degraaf No worries. I didn’t expect that it was possible for anybody. 😛

Emma Flournoy
                      @emma-flournoy
                        • Total Posts: 1352

Haha!! @Sam-Kowal After I read your post saying you’d go take an MBTI test and see what you were, I guessed you would be ENFJ. You don’t disappoint. 😀

I’m an ENFJ too, though with ISFJ tendencies. Though that probably doesn’t mean much to you since you only just took a test and don’t know much about MBTI. ;P It’s really cool, you should go read some about it or something.

Les Miserables is my favorite book, and YESS you should read the Mistborn trilogy. Those are the first Sanderson I’ve read, and aside from a few things, it was really great. The PLOT TWISTS. 😮 And WORLDBUILDING.

Anyway, welcome to the Kingdom. 🙂 And you, Stan. *gives him raspberries*

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 1330

@aratrea Sorry. I’m a little absent minded right now. 😉

Ingrid
                          @ingridrd
                            • Total Posts: 830

@sam-kowal  Ah, yes.  A dragon.  Good choice.   That’s so funny, my dad read LOTR to us kids so many years ago and I’ve loved it ever since.  And I agree that Percy Jackson were fun books, but definitely not as deep as HP or LOTR.  🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Sam Kowal
                            @sam-kowal

@supermonkey42 😀 😀 😀

That is really funny:D

Although, *ahem* are you sure it was raspberries? I mean, they are red. So they do blend in quite well with Stan’s other favorite food…

*runs over to Stan and hugs him*

*sees fellow charismatic rebel*

*climbs up on Stan and rides off in pursuit of the soldiers*

Sam Kowal
                              @sam-kowal

@aratrea Thank You!

Yep, Sanderson and Austen are amazing authors. *Gets super hyped for Stormlight 3*

Also, I just read your story The First God-Blessed, and it is EPIC

Those kind of situations for characters are so gripping to read! The torment and hopelessness is amazing. Also the way that the villains, despite not having as many powers as the main character, still outsmarted her. Usually in stories like that it seems like the hero is the one who does the outsmarting, so that was cool.

Sam Kowal
                                @sam-kowal

@epicaddie2 Thanks! Stan is really happy right now. He just blew a flame that was like, longer than an inch, I think.

Nope! You’re the first to ask me that

I am…*drumroll*

Left handed.

Also, I like a lot of different kinds of music.

Most of all, soundtracks and epic music, but also classic rock, Christian pop/rock, bluegrass/country, and classical. And also, I forgot to mention before, my favorite band is Twenty One Pilots. Who actually aren’t really any of those genres, so I don’t know how I ended up loving them so much.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 117 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >