Hey all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    majerot
    @majerot
      • Total Posts: 7

Hi everyone! I’m Maggie, recently self-published author of a journey in poetry called Slake, sophomore at Wheaton College near Chicago, player of piano, procrastinator of college packing (ahem leaving on Monday and have made one small pile of stuff), peruser of poetry, ponderer of philosophy, and lover of literary devices. Lover of dogs too. And Emily Dickinson. And mostly Jesus. I blog irregularly at http://www.keysandthings.com and don’t think anyone reads it. Which perpetuates the irregularity of the blogging since it all seems rather futile. Who came up with blogging anyway? What exactly is the point?

Anyway, complaints about life problems aside, I am super excited to meet you all and can’t wait to be a part of Kingdom Pen!

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@majerot Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

It’s not often we get full out poets on here. How many poems have you written? Do you have a favorite poetic format?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Elizabeth
        @that_writer_girl_99
          • Total Posts: 1819

Welcome @majerot KP is great and I’m sure you’re gonna love it here. 😉

Have you ever tried writing stories?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Snapper
          @dragon-snapper
            • Total Posts: 3515

Hi @majerot !
            Welcome to Kingdom Pen!
            I’ll give you my regular warning: watch out for dragons. 😛

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 859

Welcome @majerot! Hope you like KP. Do you play any instruments?

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1330

@majerot Welcome! I am happy to see someone new! Do you like to read?

Josiah DeGraaf
                @aratrea
                  • Total Posts: 717

Hey @majerot; welcome to the site! What kind of poetry do you write? Form or free-verse?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice
                    • Total Posts: 3365

Good morning @majerot! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! What books are you currently reading? Favourite book of the bible?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

majerot
                    @majerot

@daeus and @Josiah DeGraaf: I’ve written about (?) three hundred poems, but there are 102 in my book. I do both free verse and rhyme, all forms (mostly forms I make up), but sonnets are pretty cool and I’ve messed around with those a lot, using the pentameter but breaking up the lines or using the lines but changing the meter etc.

@Elizabeth: I have written so many stories! Not as much lately, since they take way more time/commitment than poetry and college has sucked all my time away from me…I do love fiction dearly, though.

@Dragon Snapper: I’ll make sure to. I hear they breathe fire. I’d rather not roast.

@Shannon: I’ve played piano for about eleven years, and adore it. I think music is one of the reasons I write poetry. Poetry isn’t poetry without music woven through it, and a piece has to have a story to mean anything…I think they’re almost the same thing in two different languages.

@Emily: Austin, Birdsall, Creech, Cummings, Dickens, Dickinson, Dostoyevsky, Homer, Lewis, Montgomery, Rowling, Shakespeare, Virgil…yes I do rather like to read.

@SeekJustice
                      : I’m currently reading Olio by Tyehimba Jess. It’s a conglomeration of poems, interviews, pictures, letters and stories that talk about what it meant to be free or enslaved during Scott Joplin’s time and before, and how jazz and rag were an expression of that. Difficult to explain but really beautiful and moving. As for my favorite book of the Bible, how do I decide that??? But I am a fan of John, Ephesians, Revelation, the Psalms, Ecclesiastes, and Genesis, if only because those are the ones I’ve dug into the most.

Elizabeth
                      @that_writer_girl_99

@majerot Tags like mine, Josiah’s, and snappers are a bit tricky.

Mine is @that_writer_girl_99

Snappers’ is @dragon-Snapper

And Josiah’s is @aratrea

I’m just starting my sophomore year of college (I just graduated high school) so I understand how little time you have. Here’s to hoping you get that time back!

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice
                          • Total Posts: 3365

@majerot, I love the Psalms too. I remember complaining to my mum when I was really young about how boring they are, but since then I’ve grown to appreciate them more. Romans is also really good. I actually just like the whole Bible. 😀 Olio also sounds really interesting.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

majerot
                          @majerot

Whoops @that_writer_girl_99 haha I wasn’t sure how to find what they actually were (is there a place I can do that?). Yep, I hope so! Eighteen credits doesn’t look like it’s going to allow for much, though…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by majerot.
                            • This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by majerot.
                            Snapper
                            @dragon-snapper
                              • Total Posts: 3515

@that_writer_Girl_99 I have a hard tag? *grins* I’m honored. 😀

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Elizabeth
                              @that_writer_girl_99

Yep, I feel you. I’m taking 15 credits worth.

Yeah. If you click on someone’s profile, their tag will be at the top. @majerot

NC Stokes
                                @daughteroftheking
                                  • Total Posts: 1156

Welcome, welcome, and welcome, @majerot! How did you hear about Kingdom Pen? (In other words, what prompted you to join us crazies? 😛 ) What kind of piano songs do you like to play?

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >