Here's a Novel Idea…

Home Page Forums General Site Info Questions and Support Here's a Novel Idea…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Leumeister
    @leumeister
      • Total Posts: 244

I was just thinking the other day… How about Kingdom Pen having its own Discord server? For those of you who don’t know, Discord is a free app, similar in many respects to Skype and Slack, only catered towards gamers. However, it can be used for non-game related groups as well. Discord would allow KP users who like the idea to join in live chat, both in text and voice, with other Kingdom Pen users.

Benefits for this would be a more real-time Writer’s Corner, where people can post updates and users would see them almost instantly, allowing for possibly more motivation between accountability partners. Also, direct messaging between possible friends and/or accountability partners from bringing KP users (KeePers/KaPeeFers) together through Discord.

However, this could potentially render the Kingdom Pen Forums redundant… 😐 But maybe it could augment it. Who knows?

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@leumeister I think somebody tried to do something like this in the past. I’m not sure if it ever happened though.

I think the main downside to it is the time factor. When you can chat with video and live text, you tend to chat a lot more, which many of us don’t have time for.

I could see it as an augment to the forum in some capacity though.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Louise Fowler
        @perfectfifths
          • Total Posts: 726

I can attest what @Daeus said. It’s very hard to pull myself away from my friends who I can only chat to online in the morning or evenings because time zone differences. 😛

Currently reading Les Miserables

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        >