Hello there!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello there!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Ben Powell
    @supermonkey42
      • Total Posts: 273

@itisastarrynight Your username made me think up a story…

It was a cold December night. King Daeus and a small group of his most trusted knights hiked through the deep snow blanketing a thick forest. Their breath was easily visible in the freezing air.

The king held up a hand, signaling a stop.

”What is it?” asked Kate. “Troll things? Evil dragons?” She grabbed her sword and started to unsheath it.

The king held up another hand, signaling for Kate to stop once again. Unfortunately, as he now had both hands in the air, she took it as a gesture of surrender and ran past King Daeus into a clearing, sword drawn. She scanned the area for danger, then, seeing none, returned to the king’s side.

”The area is clear,” she said. “Is This our destination?”

“Yes. The top of the highest peak of the Kingdom of Pen.”

King Daeus sat down on a log. The others followed suit. As the king passed out Raspberry-flavored hot cocoa, the friends turned their eyes skywards. This was their yearly tradition (or so they hoped; this was the first time they’d done it): to brave the cold two days after Christmas and watch the stars for a night. The Wiser had left maps of the constellations on his last visit, and the king and his friends had a jolly time pointing them out and laughing at their supposed identities.

“Oh! Hello!” a voice said.

Everyone turned around. There was someone standing there, wrapped in warm garments. Kate laid a hand on her sword hilt, but the king held up a hand, signaling her to stop. He stood up and faced the newcomer.

”Hello,” he said. “I don’t believe we’ve met. I’m the king, King Daeus, and these are my friends. Have you come to observe the stars with us?”

”With you? I believe you’re confused. This is where my family has always come to watch the stars, every year two days after Christmas.”

”Ah! Well, then, have some raspberry hot cocoa.” King Daeus thrust out a small mug. “What was your name, by the way?”

The newcomer, surprised by the sudden offer and the strange drink, hesitated. “It is a starry night,” was all she managed to say.

King Daeus smiled and put the mug into her hand, then led her over to their log. Kate, who had already returned, turned to Kina, the king’s sister.“A new recruit, huh?”  She asked.

”No, a new friend,” Kina replied.

Kate shrugged and returned her gaze to the stars. The cold wind still blew, but the starry night was worth it. The group of friends had a wonderful night, marveling together at the wonderful work of the Creator.

🙂 Anyways, Welcome! I have no clue if that was an accurate portrayal of you, but it came to mind when I saw your username.

In case you were wondering, the characters in that story are from Kapeefer Literature, and are based off of real people on this site. It was all started with this story.

A Kapeefer for life!
      Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Josiah DeGraaf
      @aratrea
        • Total Posts: 717

@itisastarrynight Welcome to the site! Glad you found us. 🙂 What’s the premise of your graphic novel?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Snapper
        @dragon-snapper
          • Total Posts: 3515

@supermonkey42 😀 Nice. More Kapeefer lit.

@itisastarrynight

The Kapeefer lit is quiet my fault. 😐

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

introvert_girl
          @introvert_girl
            • Total Posts: 153

@itisastarrynight yo
            @shannon she’s my lil sis 😉 (aren’t sisters great?)

And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 859

@introvert_girl Oh ya, until they start throwing gifs at you and correcting your grammar 🙄😜

@supermonkey42
              Very good Kapeefer Literature! I likey!

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 859

@introvert_girl, I was just kidding btw. Little sisters are great 😉

itisastarrynight
                @itisastarrynight
                  • Total Posts: 134

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!
                  @shannon I’m the younger sis.
                  @emily I haven’t read those before, what’s it about? My favourite books right now are from Story Theives.
                  As for hobbies I enjoy drawing and spending time with my cats.

@seekjustice
                  USA. Also I used to think I was an INFP a little over a year ago, but it helped to look into their cognitive functions, as they are actually quite differant.

I can't believe it's not butter!

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1330

@supermonkey42 That’s pretty good!

@shannon *crosses arms and glares at you angrily*

@itisastarrynight
                    They’re about, well, uuumm…It’s super hard to explain. It’s about a prince named Jaron who is constantly having to save the kingdom from enemies, aaand everything else is too complicated.

*reads back over the above paragraph*

That was the worst mini-synopsis thingy ever. Oh well. *frowns*

Awesome!

itisastarrynight
                    @itisastarrynight

@supermonkey42 I love it! Also, Im sensing a significance with raspberries..?

@aratrea
                      Its about a boy named Arlo who wants to be an astronaut. Early on he gets trapped in a deep sea world and though he would rather do his own thing, has little choice but to resolve conflict in the underwater world with the help of two supporting characters.

itisastarrynight
                      @itisastarrynight

@emily It was fine, I’ll be sure to check it out sometime!

Anonymous

@itisastarrynight Well, thanks.

Oh, and if you want an explanation to the raspberry thing, you should visit here and here. There’s also a sequel to The Legend of King Daeus here. That should fill you in on all of the weird KP obsessions, raspberries included. XD

Josiah DeGraaf
                          @aratrea

@itisastarrynight Sounds fun–how far along in it are you? 🙂

itisastarrynight
                            @itisastarrynight

@aratrea I’ve been working on it actively for what I’m guessing is around two months, but have had a basic idea for one of the characters for maybe over a year.
                              @emily thanks!

Anonymous
                                Josiah DeGraaf
                                @aratrea

@itisastarrynight Cool–hope the writing of that goes well! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >