Hello! Ni Hao! Anyang! Hola! **Waves**, Etc…

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello! Ni Hao! Anyang! Hola! **Waves**, Etc…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Charis
    @charisetter
      • Total Posts: 33

Hi All,
      I’m new to the forum part of Kingdom Pen, though I have read posts on the site for a couple years now. My sister, @Alia (maybe I shouldn’t admit to being related to her), has told me horror stories about the KP forums (Just kidding. She’s told about how y’all have helped her with her writing.)
      I write science fiction, adventure, and fantasy novels but will read (almost) every genre. Does anyone have suggestions about to where I should start on here?

A Very Tookish Hobbit (a.k.a. Fool of a Took)

BlueJay
      @bluejay
        • Total Posts: 1622

@charisetter Welcome to the bestestist place on earth. There are lots of place where you can start. Do have anything in particularly?

Charis
        @charisetter
          • Total Posts: 33

Not anything particular, really. Is there a place where people of certain genres meet in general?

A Very Tookish Hobbit (a.k.a. Fool of a Took)

BlueJay
          @bluejay
            • Total Posts: 1622

Not at the moment. So a couple of the awesome topics that we’ve got are the Writer’s Corner, where you tag someone and write for a certain amount of time together. We’ve got a book club and art topic. We have a topic called Chatter which is where you can talk about anything, so you could talk about genres there if you want.

@charisetter

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

Howdy Charis. Welcome, welcome, and welcome (to the bestistest place on the internet, that is). We actually rarely talk just about a certain genre, but maybe if you want to go start a thread on one, that could be cool. If you talk on here for a bit, you’ll soon come to see what we talk about.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Julia R.
              @julia-r
                • Total Posts: 81

@charisetter: Welcome to Kingdom Pen! It is super awesome! Well, you found the “Start HERE!” forum, so you are off to a good start. @bluejay already recommended the Writer’s Corner, but I will re-recommend it! Just remember to have fun on this site! I have already found it super helpful! Ooh, and check out the Writing Dares forum! It is so much fun! Ask for a dare… I dare you to!

Julia R.
                @julia-r

@charisetter: Great profile pic! And since you love Star Wars (because, how could you not? *commence light saber duel*) check out the “Ren” forum under General Writing discussions. And since you love Star Wars, what is your favorite episode, and what is your opinion on Rouge One?
                  Oh, and one last question to everyone (@dragon-snapper, @daeus, @bluejay, @his-instrument, etc.):

Light Side…
                  or
                  Dark Side…????

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Julia R..
                  Hannah A. Krynicki
                  @hannah-krynicki

@charisetter I’ll say it again: welcome! I like the idea of discussing ideas within certain gebres; it might allow for a lot of detail. You should start that topic.

ClaireC
                    @clairec
                      • Total Posts: 628

@charisetter, Welcome!!
                      Hmm, quick query, (cause I’m an insanely curious person) who’s where in the older/younger range. @charisetter, or @alia?

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Sarah Hoven
                      @sarah-h
                        • Total Posts: 669

@CharisEtter Welcome to the forum! One topic you might be interested in is the newly-formed Fall Writing club, where we discuss our writing goals for this fall/ winter, and the W.I.P Lounge Club, where we discuss/ bemoan our current works-in-progress, ask for help and suggestions about them, etc. I’m not in them because I’m taking a break from writing right now, but I think the others have a lot of fun there. And genres- if you go to the fiction forum, I think, there are Historical, Science fiction, and Fantasy sections, and if you want to discuss a genre that’s not listed, you can create your own topic for it. And if you tag people, they are more likely to see and respond to your posts. You find someone’s tag by clicking on their name- when it takes you to their profile, you’ll see their tag next to their picture. 🙂

Snapper
                        @dragon-snapper
                          • Total Posts: 3515

@charisetter Hey! Always happy to see new people! Before I forget, I just want to let you know that I’m a dragon. Not one of those evil, dangerous dragons. No, I’m a writer dragon, and believe me when I say that it is very hard to write with talons.

@Julia-r
                          … neither.
                          The Dark Side is simply too evil, and who wants to be under some dark lord for the rest of their lives? Not me. Besides, red isn’t the best color light-saber for me.
                          The Light Side is too strict. ? no emotion….weird green masters….so confused….under a master….oh no, lost the will to live. 😛
                          So, I choose neither. What I would do is join the Jedi Order, get a light saber and learn how to use the force then leave with my light saber. (even though that is technically illegal, I could get away with it, and I wouldn’t be the first.) From there I would go out and use the force my way, protecting people and defeating people my way, with allowed emotions and adventure.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Alia
                          @alia
                            • Total Posts: 1253

@claire-c, @charisetter is older by three years.
                            And Charis, why would you be afraid to say that you are related to your wonderful, somewhat retarded, 98% weird, and 100% awesome sister? I’m hurt.

WIP - Decisions
                            Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Alia
                            @alia
                              • Total Posts: 1253

@daeus, please don’t murder my sister when you find out that she hasn’t read a certain book.
                              On second thought, feel free to torture her sense she might want to know how to write a torture scene some day.

WIP - Decisions
                              Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Daeus
                              @daeus
                                • Total Posts: 4238

*snicker snicker snicker*

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Corissa Maiden of Praise
                                @corissa-maiden-of-praise
                                  • Total Posts: 256

@charisetter This is going to be great! You will have the time of your life on here. Welcome to the Kingdom Asylum- eh- that is- the Kingdom Forum! Yes!
                                  Although it often seems that half the people on here are perhaps just a bit crazy… but that makes everything more fun, no? 🙂
                                  And if you ever feel yourself catching the symptoms of all us crazy writers (provided you don’t have them already, that is) @BlueJay is our doctor, so you can set up an appointment with her to decide how serious your symptoms are and the best method of treatment. 😉

"Courage is action in spite of fear."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >