Hello, fellow writers!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello, fellow writers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @joy
      • Total Posts: 59

Hi, guys! My name is Joy; and I’m new to this site. I’m homeschooled, an INFJ, procrastinator, writer, and a lover of books, sweets, and period dramas. I found Kingdom Pen several months ago through Pinterest, and I’ve been reading articles and short stories ever since. I look forward to meeting everyone, learning more about writing, and making new friends on the way 🙂

*whispers aggressively* "The HONOUR!"

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet, @joy!

You’re the second person to join the forum because they found us through Pinterest. I guess that social media stuff works. 😛

Do you have a book you’re working on at the moment?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

RaeMarie
        @celticcailin
          • Total Posts: 22

Welcome, @joy! I am also looking foward to meeting you! Technically I’m also new here at Kingdom Pen. I’ve known about KP, but only in the past month have I started to get involved with the forums. I can’t wait to become friends!!

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

*hugs you because you not only knew your MBTI type but assumed we would all understand what you were talking about as well* I love you already. 😛

What’s your favorite genre, @joy?

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

I’m an INFP, btw. 😉

Emma Flournoy
              @emma-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 1352

Hey again @Joy! Which period drama is your favorite? Have you seen or read North and South?

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99
                  • Total Posts: 1819

Hi @joy! Glad you found us!

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Joy
                  @joy

Hi, everyone! It’s really nice of you all to welcome me <3

@Daeus
                    I’ve actually had a kind of writer’s block for the past year–not the one where you have no ideas, but the one where you have too many and don’t know which one to choose. I was hoping this site could help me with that 🙂

@Kate Flournoy I love historical romance, classic authors like Charles Dickens and Jane Austen, and high fantasy! I recently found out about the Myers-Briggs chart so my family and I all took a test lol

@Emma
                    Flournoy I’ve seen North and South six times (Richard Armitage was amazing!) Poldark is currently my favourite period drama, but I love Downton Abbey as well. You’re @Kate Flournoy’s sister, right?

@Elizabeth Hello!

So, what are your all interests? Do you have a favourite book/tv show/movie? Are you working on any stories at the moment? Do you have any writing advice? Lay ’em on me 😀

Daeus
                    @daeus
                      • Total Posts: 4238

@joy Yep, this is a great place for that type of thing.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Elizabeth
                      @that_writer_girl_99
                        • Total Posts: 1819

@joy About tags–a person’s tag can be found inside their profile.

I love marvel/D.C. Comics, playing guitar, and singing! How about you?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Mariposa Aristeo
                        @mariposa
                          • Total Posts: 335

Aloha @joy! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosaurus, greet you! I’m an INFJ too! Have you ever read An Old Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott? What are your favorite sweets? Do you like to bake?

Joy
                          @joy

@Elizabeth Oh, I love Marvel! Anxiously waiting for Avengers:Infinity War next year 🙂 Aside from that, I like reading, walking, and browsing Pinterest–a lot. This might sound pretty dumb, but I’m still not sure how the tags work. I managed to get Daeus and Kate Flournoy (somehow), but I don’t know how to do the others. Whenever I try to link their profile to the text, it comes out in plain text.

@Mariposa
                            Hello! Nice to meet you both 🙂 I haven’t read that book, unfortunately. I like jelly beans and Haribos and chocolate chip cookies and any kind of apple-y sweet. I do like baking, but I’m not very good at it.

Joy
                            @joy

@Elizabeth Oh no, I think I’ve got it now! Thanks for your tips 🙂

Joy
                              @joy

@Mariposa What are your favourite hobbies?

Emma Flournoy
                                @emma-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 1352

@Joy I know, he’s amazing! Not at all bad as Thorin either. XD Have you seen LotR and The Hobbit?
                                  Ah yes, I haven’t seen Poldark or Downton Abbey but my parents love them. 😀

Yep, Kate is the sister right above me. I’m third in a family of 11 kids. Homeschooled of course. 😀 And I’m not actually a writer but I sorta hang around in the same circles…I’m Editor of sorts for Kate and her awesome stuff. And my favorite book is Les Miserables (and Kate’s Work In Progress). If you like Dickens and that sort of thing I have no doubt you’d love Les Mis, and IT’S GOOD. Long but very worth it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >