Hello, Fellow KeePers!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello, Fellow KeePers!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    SlyLilHuntress
    @slylilhuntress
      • Total Posts: 36

@jenwriter17 Thanks! I know I’m an amateur, so it gives me hope.

😂 I think about five people beat you to it! Yeah, I don’t photograph as much as I should *sigh*school*sigh*, but I just got a new camera, so I’m trying to do it more. I pretty much draw animals, both real and fantastical. I’m terrible at drawing people, so I try to avoid that.

*high fives fellow introvert*

Hmm… I should probably make a list.

Books: Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Chronicles of Narnia, The Wingfeather Saga, The Circle Trilogy.

Movies: Once again, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit (how did they make that three movies?), plus the Captain America and Avengers movies.

Shows: I don’t really have any tv shows I’m in love with, but I’m trying to get into Dr. Who (I’m dragging through season 1. Hope it gets better).

"A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit" -Richard Bach

SlyLilHuntress
      @slylilhuntress

@jenwriter17 Thanks! I know I’m an amateur, so it gives me hope

🙂 I think about five people have beat you to it! Yeah, I don’t photograph as much as I should *sigh*school*sigh*, but I just got a new camera, so I’m trying to take more. I pretty much draw animals, both real and fantastical. I’m terrible at drawing people, so I try to avoid that.

*high fives fellow introvert*

Hmm…I should probably make a list.

Books: Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Chronicles of Narnia, The Wingfeather Saga, and The Circle Trilogy.

Movies: Once again, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit (how did they make that three movies?), plus the Captain America and Avengers movies.

Shows: I don’t really have any tv shows I’m in love with, but I’m trying to get into Dr. Who (I’m dragging through season 1. Hope it gets better.)

Skredder
        @skredder
          • Total Posts: 527

@slylilhuntress *hands your a book and chocolate* Hello, Fellow Introvert! Friends can be a wee bit hard to make when you’re an introvert. Seriously, I’ve got about three friends (five if you count two people I talk to maybe three times a year). There’s God, a friend I meet once or twice a week, and a friend who lives halfway across the country. So, yeah, introvert. 🙂

And those drawings are absolutely amazing!!! And that’s only after a year? Nice! I draw a wee bit. Nothing like that though. My stuff tends to be a bit stiffer looking.

I second @dekreel’s recommendation of A Wrinkle in Time. I love the book and I can’t wait for the movie! With luck I can reread the book before the show hits theaters.

Welcome aboard! 🙂

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Joy
          @dekreel
            • Total Posts: 2304

@slylilhuntress  *jumps at the mention of Dr Who*

Oooh! Yeah, it’s a lot. But I’m glad you’re starting at the beginning! Otherwise you’d be totally lost

Have you ever considered looking into the classic series, too? They’re my favorites 🙂

You can pronounce it however you want.

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 95

@slylilhuntress, Welcome! I’m so happy to find another Wingfeather Fan! Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one who knows them. My favorite by far is Warden and the wolf king especially the ending. Other from that LOTR and Marvel are about the two other best things on the planet, aside from good old pen and paper.

I know you’ve probably said this but what is your favorite genre to read/write?

Looking forward to seeing you around!

SlyLilHuntress
              @slylilhuntress

@skredder *Munches on chocolate while replying* You’re telling me! I have two friends in total: Jesus and my sister. I’v grown pretty close to both of them, so I guess I’m not so bad off.

Thank you so much! Don’t feel bad. Without the step by step instructions, I would be totally lost.

Really? I saw the trailer on tv, and I had heard of the book, but I never got around to reading it. Now I better give it a try!

Thank you for the warm welcome! 🙂

SlyLilHuntress
                @slylilhuntress

@dekreel I think I’m just having a hard time with the 2005 cheesy graphics and jokes. Overall, the plot is very interesting, so I try to see past those things.

I’d heard that the older ones were really good! I’m watching the new ones on Prime Video. Are the oldies on YouTube?

SlyLilHuntress
                  @slylilhuntress

@inkling-for-christ Yes!!! A fellow Featherhead! I feel your pain. It seems like no one else has heard of them! I have a love/hate relationship with the end of Warden and the Wolf King. I love how it ends on a hopeful note, but I hate that there won’t be more. I really want another book!

LOTR and Marvel are both amazing. I love LOTR for the depth of the cultures, and Marvel for the amazing characters (How is it possible to make a bad guy as likeable as Loki?)!

I adore anything fantasy. I love the fact that fantasy is such a wide genre. If you can imagine it, it’s pretty much there. Plus, reading it gives me an excuse to indulge in daydreaming.

Joy
                    @dekreel

@slylilhuntress  HAH! If you don’t like cheesy graphics, then beware the classic series. The only thing worse than the graphics is the music. Particularly in the early 1980s *shudders*

Other than that, I’d highly recommend them! If I were you, I’d start with Tom Baker. He played the Doctor from the mid-1970s to the early ’80s. While not my favorite, he is, for what it’s worth, the BEST Doctor in the history of the Whoniverse. His episodes are uh-may-zing! The companions were diverse and modest (generally), and the storylines were just brilliant (or as brilliant as 1970s will give you anyway XD ). Also, this Doctor himself is awesome. He’s goofy yet smart, heroic yet clownish, and very good and loyal. I will say it again: HE IS THE BESTISTEST DOCTOR IN THE HISTORY OF THE WHONIVERSE!!

My favorite Doctor is Peter Davison (1982-’84, just after Baker). While his episodes and storylines are very iffy and a bit cliche, and definitely not as good as Baker’s, I really like him as a Doctor. 🙂 He’s not as comedic as Baker, but he’s youthful, energetic, witty, very kind, and has an adorable smile :3

Umm… I’m not sure where one would find them other than DVDs. As for me, my mom had recorded a bunch of VHS tapes of them, so we have a fairly large collection of them. Anyway, I think your best bet is to find DVDs of them. Or VHS’s if you have a cassette player

There you have it. Sorry about the long post! When I talk about Dr Who, I tend to bumble XD

Jenna Terese
                      @jenwriter17
                        • Total Posts: 2522

@slylilhuntress yeah i saw your pictures of the dragons! that looks really good!!!

oh my goodness i love the Captain America and Avengers movies!!!!! Do you have a favorite superhero? (marvel and d.c.)

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                        www.jennaterese.com

Joy
                        @dekreel

@slylilhuntress

How is it possible to make a bad guy as likeable as Loki?

Or Kylo Ren from Star Wars X)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Joy.

Grace H.
                          @gh24682468999
                            • Total Posts: 199

@slylilhuntress Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m an introvert too, who struggles to get stories finished xD And I love Tolkien’s works, too! They are amazing. Hope you have a great time on the Forum!

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
                            literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

SlyLilHuntress
                            @slylilhuntress

@dekreel Wow! Thanks for the info! If I can find the classics, I’ll give them a try. Meanwhile, on to season 1, episode 6!

SlyLilHuntress
                              @slylilhuntress

@jenwriter17 Thank you!

I would probably have to say Captain America. I like Batman, but D.C. tends to be more dark and brooding, so I tend to stick with Marvel.

@jenwriter17
                                @dekreel Oh my goodness! I’m so crazy! I even have a decal on my car, and I totally forgot to mention what a huge Star Wars fan I am! Kylo, though? Sometimes he’s pretty cool, but other times he acts like a spoiled child. Darth Vader wannabe…:) For the Rebellion!

SlyLilHuntress
                                @slylilhuntress

@gh24682468999 Thank you! I am glad to find it’s such a welcoming community. It’s hard not to enjoy it!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >