Hello, Fellow KeePers!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello, Fellow KeePers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    SlyLilHuntress
    @slylilhuntress
      • Total Posts: 36

Hi, everyone!

My name is Paige. I’m a 17 year old (soon to be 18) writer who aspires to become an author someday. I am a total introvert and have loved writing for as long as I can remember, which really means I spend most of my time talking to people in my head (Wow, I have just now noticed I may not be mentally sound…).

I’ve been subscribed to the the KP newsletter for some time now, and I created an account a while back, but I finally decided it was time to be initiated into the forum!

My hobbies include drawing, reading, photography, and writing (duh). Speaking of writing, I haven’t actually completed anything *sadly looks over at pile of unfinished stories*, but I am currently working on a fantasy story that I’m determined to finish.

Oh, and I’m an INFP!

*Checks over post for the 3rd time, squeezes my eyes shut, and clicks submit*

"A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit" -Richard Bach

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@slylilhuntress Hello! And welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

I have a million unfinished stories too… 🙂

You’re writing fantasy right now, do you write any other genres?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SlyLilHuntress
        @slylilhuntress

@rochellaine I haven’t really tried. I’ve always been inspired by Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and the like, so fantasy really intrigues me!

Daeus
          @daeus
            • Total Posts: 4238

@slylilhuntress Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

Besides Lewis and Tolkien, what other writers inspire you?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

NC Stokes
            @daughteroftheking
              • Total Posts: 1156

@slylilhuntress Ah, so you know your MBTI type? You’re going to fit right in. 😉 What do you like to draw?

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

SlyLilHuntress
              @slylilhuntress

@daeus I absolutely adore the work of Andrew Peterson, but I also love Ted Dekker’s books. I find it interesting how Peterson was able to create a world that feels real, yet so magical at the same time. Dekker does an amazing job at combining aspects of the “real world” and the fantasy ones.

SlyLilHuntress
                @slylilhuntress

@daeus

Oh! Almost forgot to mention that I’m reading S.D. Smith’s The Green Ember series right now. It is pretty cool!

SlyLilHuntress
                  @slylilhuntress

@daughteroftheking Yep! I figured it was best to include it, as many other introduction posts did. What do I like to draw? Dragons, dragons, and more dragons! *Gasp* I can’t believe I forgot to mention how much I love dragons!

Daeus
                    @daeus
                      • Total Posts: 4238

@slylilhuntress Ha! I’m reading The Green Ember Series right now too. Andrew Peterson’s great, though I have to sheepishly admit I haven’t read Dekker yet.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

SlyLilHuntress
                      @slylilhuntress

@daeus No way! I found out he was offering them for free on Kindle, so I thought “Why not? I’ve got nothing to lose!” Yeah, Dekker can be a little intense, but ultimately, all of his books point to Jesus! If you don’t mind stories that can be dark at times, but always offer hope, then give him a try. I would have to suggest The Circle Trilogy (It’s amazing!)

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99
                          • Total Posts: 1819

Hello there! Welcome to the forum! @slylilhuntress

I love your username. It’s so cute!

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Sam Kowal
                          @sam-kowal
                            • Total Posts: 635

@slylilyhuntress 😀 Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!
                            Have no fear, I have been talking to people inside my head since… well, I could talk.
                            😀 You write fantasy? *claps hands*
                            That’s wonderful, because I do, too. I even have a pet dragon, named Stan.

By the way, is the Circle Trilogy the one about the desert world, and there are seven lakes and really important history textbooks? I feel as though I’ve heard of Ted Dekker, and I’ve read a series called Circle, which was that. It was longer than a trilogy, though, if I’m remembering right

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                            Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

SlyLilHuntress
                            @slylilhuntress

@that_writer_girl_99 Thank you so much!

The fledgling Artist
                              @notawriter
                                • Total Posts: 328

@slylilhuntress Hello! Welcome to the kingdom of pen! Hold on now.. Likes stories? Likes to draw? Likes photography?? AND YOUR AN INFP?? I think we’re gonna get along great! 😀 Also we’re pretty close in age (not going to say my exact age for privacy reasons.. but trust me, we’re close)

How long have you been drawing for? I’ve only been practicing for.. maybe a little over two years?
                                Fantasy is great! What is your work in progress about? 🙂

and I was so confused

SlyLilHuntress
                                @slylilhuntress

@sam-kowal Awesome to meet another fantasy writer (and find out that I don’t actually belong in an asylum)!

Yep, that’s the one. It was originally a trilogy (Black, Red, and White), but now there is a fourth book, called Green. I haven’t actually read Green because I was told it isn’t as good as the rest of them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >