Hello everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello everyone!

Tagged: 

• This topic has 22 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Greta.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Christine Eaton
    @christi-eaton
      • Total Posts: 306

Well as the topic title states, hello everyone! My name is Christine Eaton, but you can call me Christi. I am so glad to officially be a part of Kingdom Pen (I’ve known about it for a really long time but never bothered to get a log-in or try to publish anything until now) In case you are wondering here is a little bit about me. I am 17 years old, I live in Southern California, I like to call myself an artist and a writer. My favorite books include The Fiddler’s Gun and its sequel the Fiddler’s Green by A.S. Peterson, his brother, Andrew Peterson is one of my favorite musicians and his books The Wingfeather Saga are are also on my top list. The Mark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine Rivers is remarkable and Les Miserables by Victor Hugo has to both one of the largest books that I have read and one of the most excellent.
      Well, there you go, an extremely broad paragraph about myself. I can’t wait to get to know you all.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

BlueJay
      @bluejay
        • Total Posts: 1622

@christi-eaton Welcome to kingdom pen. Another artist…? That’s great. Did you draw your profile pic??? 😀 It looks great.

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

Hi Christi,

So cool that you’re jumping in with us. I like to say this place is really quite bestistest.

So what do you like to write? Short stories, long stories, historical fiction, scifi, fantasy, humor, something even better?

I love Les Mis. You ever listened to the music? Oh, and since it’s also very long and written by a french author, I’ve gotta ask, “You ever read The Count of Monte Cristo?”

I ask everybody that.

So hey, welcome.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Daeus.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Ingrid
          @ingridrd
            • Total Posts: 830

@christi-eaton
            Hey!!! And welcome to the most awesome place on the internet! I’ve only been with KP for a few months but it has been such a blessing…so, anyway, HI!!! *waves enthusiastically*

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Greta
            @gretald
              • Total Posts: 450

@christi-eaton, Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet! 😉 You won’t regret joining KP–that I can promise you. 🙂

Ooo, yes! The Wingfeather Saga is a great book series (I haven’t finished the last book yet, but still…).

I’ve never read Les Mis, but I’ve seen the play. Have you heard of/seen the play? Is the book at all like the play? That is, if you’ve seen it. 😉

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Greta.
              • This reply was modified 8 years ago by Greta.
              Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 3976

WELCOME, WELCOME AND THRICE WELCOME, FELLOW WORD-WIELDER! *extends arms dramatically* New additions are always welcome here in the bestistist place on the internet. *glances wryly at previous posts* I see others have preceded me in informing you that this is, in fact, the bestistist place on the internet, but HEY! It can’t hurt you to hear it again!
                KP and this forum have been such a blessing— so welcome again.

I just started reading Les Mis… but I got it on Kindle and I hate electronic books so I’m going to see if I can find a physical copy at a library somewhere… 😉

Christine Eaton
                @christi-eaton

I did draw my profile pic, it’s the first self-portrait I’ve ever done. The musical of Les Miserables follows pretty closely to the book but the book has much more detail and character growth. It really is a well written book. I absolutely love the story of The Count of Monte Cristo. It’s on my list of books to read. And as far as what I like to write… well, I just like writing in general, the feeling you get when constructing strands of thoughts into sentences and stories is a really remarkable feeling, but I typically write book reviews and such. I enjoy short stories but can’t seem to come up with stories, and probably like most on here I have a novel in progress…well it’s not really truly in progress as I tend to be lazy and don’t give it the attention it deserves but it is mapped out.

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Sarah Hoven
                  @sarah-h
                    • Total Posts: 669

Hi Christi!
                    Your profile picture is amazing. And that’s the first one you’ve done? Wow…
                    I know what you mean about having trouble coming up with stories. I’ve been analyzing my novel attempt, and I finally realized that I only have characters and setting. Zero plot. No story whatsoever. I’m still not quite sure how to fix that… 🙂
                    And again, welcome Welcome WELCOME to the forum. It’s always awesome to have new people about. 🙂

Daeus
                    @daeus
                      • Total Posts: 4238

@sarah-h You ever read Structuring Your Novel? I bet that would help you. Of course, there are a gazillion books on plot. That’s the only one I’ve read, but it’s pretty good.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Rolena Hatfield
                      @rolena-hatfield
                        • Total Posts: 405

Hearty hello to you @christi-eaton! Glad you have you a part of the forum!
                        I’m trying to think of a really creative get to know you question… but I’m not getting anything more creative than what’s your favorite animal? :p (animals are so fun!) Do you have any pets?

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Christine Eaton
                        @christi-eaton

I have a thing for elephants, and giraffes amaze me. Fennec Foxes are adorable. I just like animals especially sea life. I have a dog, her name is Lucy and my brother has a turtle and some gigantic goldfish and other fish in his massive tank in his room. What about you Rolena?

BlueJay
                          @bluejay
                            • Total Posts: 1622

@christi-eaton If you like giraffes jump to this topic Anna’s Savanna by BlueJay (Under short stories) and have a read of my story for me and let me know what you think.

Rolena Hatfield
                            @rolena-hatfield
                              • Total Posts: 405

Squirrels. I love squirrels. Especially black ones! I had to look up the Fennec Fox and you’re right they’re totally adorable! We do have a lot of pets. Cats. A parrot. A dragon. A gecko. A dove. Ducks. Chickens.
                              Hey if you have any more art projects that you’ve drawn, you should post them under the Art topic in the forum. I’d love to see more of you’re work! Your profile picture is lovely.

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Christine Eaton
                              @christi-eaton

Anna’s Savannah was a recent Critique right? I read that one and loved it so far.
                                And I will most certainly have to post more art.

Rosey Mucklestone
                                @writefury
                                  • Total Posts: 467

Welcome to Kingdom Pen, @christi-eaton! 😀 Love the profile pic. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >