Hello everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    valtmy
    @valtmy
      • Total Posts: 732

Hi! I am new to the Kingdom Pen forums (though to be honest I have been lurking around this site for a while before I finally decided to stop being such a creep).

So about myself… I love reading, baking, listening to music and watching shows (mostly movies, anime and Korean dramas – please don’t mind my occasional fangirling). This whole writing thing came about quite recently. Most of my life has been spent solely as a consumer and not a producer of media until I gradually found myself becoming critical and bored by a lot of them. Then one day I thought, hey, if I don’t like what’s available, why not try writing my own story? It has been a very humbling experience thus far and I’m excited to learn more so I’m glad to finally be part of this community.

Now I’m not sure what else I’m supposed to say here. Will be happy to answer any questions 🙂

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@valtmy

Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet! Whereabouts in the world are you from? Do you have any writing projects currently? What genres do you like to read/write?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

valtmy
        @valtmy

@seekjustice

I was studying in London until a few weeks ago. Right now I’m in Asia on the little island country that is Singapore.

I have three writing projects currently. One is 25,000 words in and another has about 10,000 but needs more time to simmer in my mind. The last is just a hazy idea/concept.

As for genres, I usually read romance, comedies, mysteries and low fantasy. For writing, since all my plot ideas tend to go towards the absurd, my stories are devolving into parodies of whatever genre I was planning to write. But it is providing me with endless hours of entertainment so I guess it’s all right. 🙂

Grace H.
          @gh24682468999
            • Total Posts: 199

@valtmy Welcome to the bestistest place on the Internet! I hail from the island country of Taiwan, so not very far away…

Do you know your MBTI type? What are some of your favorite books?

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
            literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

@valtmy You’re a world traveler! That’s cool. 😀 What were you studying in London?

What’s the story behind your username?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

valtmy
              @valtmy

@gh24682468999

You’re from Taiwan? I love Taiwan! The bubble tea and desserts you have there are amazing! 🙂

I am an INTJ. For books I enjoy reading Lewis, Austen and Pratchett (I know he was an atheist but I can see behind his words a great spiritual yearning which he himself may not have realised).

@daeus

I studied Business. Am still studying in fact.

There’s no story behind my username, really. It’s just an agglomeration of the first letters in my name.

The fledgling Artist
                @notawriter
                  • Total Posts: 328

@valtmy
                  Hello! Welcome to the bestiest place on the internet! 😀
                  What kind of music do you like to listen to?

What’s your current writing project about?

and I was so confused

Mariposa Aristeo
                  @mariposa
                    • Total Posts: 335

@valtmy Howdy! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosarus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur) greet you! 🦖

What are your favorite things to bake? I love making double chocolate cookies, cinnamon rolls, muffins, and scones. 🙂

Josiah DeGraaf
                    @aratrea
                      • Total Posts: 717

Hey @valtmy! Welcome to the forum. 🙂 What animes do you watch? I haven’t watched much, but really like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood & Death Note (the original, not the Netflix travesty).

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

MNValentine
                      @mnvalentine
                        • Total Posts: 123

@valtmy Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! What kind of music do you like to listen to?

Silence! Silence everyone, for the king's speech!

Alia
                        @alia
                          • Total Posts: 1253

@valtmy, welcome

what Korean drama’s do you watch?

Hey, my sister is an INTJ, I’m not sure it is safe to have two in one kingdom though…

Singapore, thats cool. Whats the culture like? I lived in north eastern Asia for a while, and I love hearing about any part of Asia.

WIP - Decisions
                          Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Joy
                          @dekreel
                            • Total Posts: 2304

@valtmy  Welcome to the bestest place in Cyberspace!! 😀

I like anime, too! although I haven’t seen very much XD  Have you heard of Studio Ghibli? Or Galaxy Express 999? I have also watched Polar Bear’s Cafe, Sherlock Hound, Tari Tari, and Usagi Drop

Do you have a favorite book and/or TV show? I like the Wingfeather Saga and Doctor Who

I’m so glad you’re here! 😉

You can pronounce it however you want.

valtmy
                            @valtmy

@notawriter

I prefer instrumentals since a lot of lyrics do not really appeal to me. I listen mostly to soundtracks and scores from shows and musicals since I feel that they offer more variety than mainstream genres. I also listen to classical sometimes, especially Tchaikovsky. A relic from my childhood piano and music lessons.

As for my current writing project… Well, for my one project that is actually progressing, I guess I can describe it as a deconstructive/reconstructive parody of the romance and political genres.

My main character is a queen that falls from grace. She escapes her enemies but they still seek her death so she has to disguise herself to survive. Somehow she ends up hiding in plain sight as a rising new star in the local theatre scene (ridiculous premise I know but I needed an excuse to have characters who are well-versed in all the clichés and I wanted to put what I learnt from theatre history class to good use).

Eventually the story will become this huge PR battle between the fallen queen and her political enemies. From there themes like the nature of celebrity culture etc. can be explored. I’ll have to see how it goes.

@mariposa

Nice to meet you and Aberdeen!

I mostly bake cakes. Lava cakes, brownies and cheesecakes are my favourites! Though they also increase my need to exercise…

@aratrea

Yes, Death Note and FMA: Brotherhood are real gems! I basically have the taste of a teenage boy when it comes to anime. My favourites are My Hero Academia (I love how it is a Japanese take on the Western superhero genre), JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, HunterxHunter, Fate/Zero, Haikyuu and Psycho-Pass (first season only since the second does not exist as far as I am concerned).

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 1352

Welcome to KP @Valtmy! Always good to have another INTJ around. We have quite a few, and what’s more, quite a few female ones, for all their being as rare as unicorns. 😉 The writer life must be good to them. Or something like that.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Emma Flournoy.
                                The fledgling Artist
                                @notawriter
                                  • Total Posts: 328

@valtmy

Neat! I love instrumental music too. 😀
                                  Your story sounds cool! Very unique. I don’t think Ive ever read anything like that before haha.

and I was so confused

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >