Hello Everyone!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello Everyone!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    MarliScarb
    @marliscarb
      • Total Posts: 3

Hi! I decided to join the Kingdom Pen forum after hearing people talk about it on the YWW Community…so shoutout to any Y-dubbers reading this 🙂 I’m a non-fiction writer, but I love reading fiction and discussions about fiction and I will probably end up writing it someday 🙂

Random stuff about me: I’m a 20 year old homeschool graduate and I live and work on my family’s ranch, helping herd cattle and brothers.  I love coffee, music, cooking, reading, animals, and being outside.  (Also writing and Jesus, but that should be obvious because…I’m here.)

I have a blog at thekingandhiskingdom.com where I write about theology, following Jesus, and book reviews.  I’m excited to join this community and get connected with more young Christian writers!

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

Hi, @marliscarb!! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet! (Or as I like to call it: The Bestest Place in Cyberspace) 😀 😀

What are your favorite books? Movies?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Joy.

You can pronounce it however you want.

Audrey Caylin
        @audrey-caylin
          • Total Posts: 323

@marliscarb hello! And welcome to the besistest place on the Internet! 😀

*salutes fellow Y-dubber* It’s wonderful how many of us are also over here at KP.

I’m also a homeschooler (still working away at it, though 😛 ), and outside is my happy place, next to being in imaginary lands.

What are some of your favorite authors and books?

Alia
          @alia
            • Total Posts: 1253

@marliscarb, Howdy! Welcome to the bestiest place in the world…er…Internet.

what genres of books do you read?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Alia.

WIP - Decisions
            Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Sam Kowal
            @sam-kowal
              • Total Posts: 635

@marliscarb 😀 Hello, and welcome to the awesomeestist place on the internet

I’m homeschooled too! But I haven’t graduated. Yet. Maybe I’ll just get stuck in a time loop and go around, and around, and around…

🙂 Nice blog, by the way

I love music and animals, too! What kinds of music do you like? I like all kinds, classical, epic soundtrack, modern Christian, etc… also, do you play any instruments?

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
              Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

NC Stokes
              @daughteroftheking
                • Total Posts: 1156

@marliscarb *shakes your hand crazily* ‘Ello there and welcome! We need more coffee lovers around here, you know, just in case the debate over whether or not coffee is actually edible escalates into war someday. 😉 Do you have a favorite animal?

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Daeus
                @daeus
                  • Total Posts: 4238

Hi, @marliscarb. Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

I’m a Y-dubber too, though I don’t really appear on the community ever.

What’s your dream as a writer? What types of books do you want to write and how do you want to affect people? Are you looking to write as a career?

I’m just in a serious mood at the moment. 😉

Oh, and do you happen to know your MBTI type?

Welcome again. 😀 *salutes*

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Ingrid
                  @ingridrd
                    • Total Posts: 830

@marliscarb  Hello, hello!  So I’m curious: how many brothers do you herd??  😉

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Josiah DeGraaf
                    @aratrea
                      • Total Posts: 717

Hey @marliscarb! Welcome to the forum as one of our few non-fiction writers. 🙂 What book would you say has been most influential for you in your Christian walk (excepting the Bible)?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Silverclaw Bonnetfolly
                      @silverclaw-bonnetfolly
                        • Total Posts: 69

There are a lot of homeschoolers here, I myself am one.

@marliscarb
                        Do you like orange juice?

@daughteroftheking
                        Coffee is made out of beans, beans are in salad, therefore coffee is salad.

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 859

@marliscarb, Welcome! You live on a ranch? That’s so awesome! I’ve always wanted to do that…

Do you play any instruments? What are your favorite books?

NC Stokes
                          @daughteroftheking
                            • Total Posts: 1156

@silverclaw-bonnetfolly  Ah-ha! Then it’s healthy!

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

MarliScarb
                            @marliscarb
                              • Total Posts: 3

@dekreel, @audrey-caylin, @alia, @shannon : My all time favorite book series is Chronicles of Narnia.  Other than that there are just too many good books to choose from 🙂 As far as genres, I like fantasy, historical fiction, and mysteries, but I’ll read any genre if it’s a good book.  I can’t say that I have a favorite movie either, but my favorite TV shows are Doctor Who and Once Upon A Time.

@sam-kowal
                              I like all sorts of different music, too!  I can kind of play guitar and piano, but not very well 🙂

@daughteroftheking
                              my favorite animal is either dogs or horses!

@daeus
                              I would love to write as a career someday!  Right now I barely have enough time to keep up with posting on my blog weekly, so my dream right now is just to have more time for writing 🙂 My goal is to lead people into a deeper relationship with Jesus, and I’m not sure yet exactly what kind of writing that will lead to in the future.  I’ve taken the MBTI test before, but I don’t remember what I got…IN something something 🙂

@ingridrd
                              two brothers, one is 12 and one is 4 so it can get pretty crazy!

@aratrea
                              Probably Do Hard Things by Brett and Alex Harris or Crazy Love by Francis Chan…I’m sure I’ll think of more later 🙂

@silverclaw-bonnetfolly
                              I drink orange juice sometimes but I’m not in love with it.  And of course coffee is healthy.  Chocolate is also made of beans, which means it’s also healthy.  🙂

Now I have a question: How do you get the signature thingy underneath your posts?

Ingrid
                              @ingridrd
                                • Total Posts: 830

@marliscarb  I have a brother and just one is a handful…I mean, a joy. He is such a joy.  😉

To write a signature for yourself, go to your profile and click PROFILE.  Then click EDIT and under EDIT there is a box that says Signature.  Type it in there, and save your changes.

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Cindy
                                @cindygreen
                                  • Total Posts: 38

@marliscarb *Salutes you* Hello, fellow YDubber! Nice to see you on here! 🙂

Beware the forum signatures. There’s so many melted chairs, impossible dreamers, double negatives, dragons…

*jumps in an X-Wing and blows something up*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >