Hello Everyone!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello Everyone!!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    DelightInLife
    @delightinlife
      • Total Posts: 124

@daeus Thank you, that helps! I figured out that MC means “main character”. Someone else asked about character arc, so I was able to read and find out what that meant too.

Gracie
      @graciegirl
        • Total Posts: 889

@delightinlife Zikers, six plays? Cool! The Castle in the Attic is a great book, but it’s definitely more for elementary aged kiddos. And while it is medieval style, it’s purely fantasy and by no means similar to historical fiction. I still think it’s worth a read, don’t get me wrong, but I’m just making sure I’ve represented it clearly. 😄 Wouldn’t want you pick it up and get caught off guard with it being something totally different from what you were expecting! 😉

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Gracie.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Jane Maree
        @jane-maree
          • Total Posts: 909

@delightinlife welcome!!! *pumps your hand enthusiastically*

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 77

Hi from the person who is always late and rarely around >.<
            Welcome to the bestestiest place on earth! (or at least, the internet, because there are some real awesome places in this world)
            The Bronze Bow?! I love that book!! And Pride and Prejudice <3 <3 <3
            Lois Lowry, huh? Have you read The Giver? That’s my favorite of her books <3
            *happy dance* I love the middle ages, most my writing is there 😀
            Dude, you like acting too?! That’s awesome. I’ve only been in one play so far, but hope to coordinate more…
            Anyway, great to meet you! I’m so glad you’re enjoying KP (aren’t those articles just the best?!!)

*reads over message*
            *squints at the overuse of exclamation marks*

Anne Swiftblade
            @anne-swiftblade
              • Total Posts: 84

@aysia-serene, you’re not alone in your lateness! *ponders if that is a real word*

Welcome to KP, @delightinlife! My name is Anne and I am the resident pirate, but I am sort of not always around. Pirating and writing take up a lot of time!
              Welcome again!

DelightInLife
              @delightinlife

@winter-rose Yes, I totally agree! I haven’t read them in a while either, but when I was younger they greatly inspired me in my writing, and helped grow my love for the Middle Ages! Yes, I have read some of the Knights of Arrethrtrae ones (though not in a long time). I didn’t really like them as much because they were more darker than the Kingdom Series.
                They have a website for making the movie as well as a Facebook page, but the updates are few and far between, so I don’t know what stage they are at. That’s really funny! We have a Tiger Lily too (of course) and it must be very fun to play. Yes, at first I wasn’t that excited about being the narrator, but it is a good (& challenging) role for me! Thank you! We are doing 2 dances with music. One of them is when the Indians & Lost Boys dance and sing together after Peter saves Tiger Lily from Hook. The other one is a dance that they Indians do, but I think we’ll only be singing for one of them, and just dancing for the other. When will you be doing your play and what songs are you doing? What other plays have you done? Good luck to you too! Hope it goes well and that you have a blast! 🙂

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 1486

@delightinlife
                  Tiger Lily isn’t a very big role, but its fun hanging out with all the other drama people. 🙂
                  We’ve have a lot of songs in our play, but my favorite one is HanaMana Ganda, the song after Peter saves Tiger Lily. It’s pretty different from the original, but it’s still a fun song. We’re dancing too, which is great, though I have trouble learning some of the choreography.
                  I’ve only done two other plays: Anne of Green Gables and Snow White. 🙂
                  See ya around!

DelightInLife
                  @delightinlife

@winter-rose Yes! I really enjoy hanging out with drama friends! My sister and I have done summer camps with the same drama teacher we have for the rest of the year, and they have been really fun! The camps are open to ages 11-19 and my favorite part of the camps is the ability to act with both older and younger kids (as the classes for the rest of the year are divided into different age groups and levels.) We have classes from Drama A (which my 10 year old brother is in) all the way up to high school! It can be so hard to say good bye after the show is over though. That’s fun! I totally understand you there! The choreography for one of the songs we’re doing is SO fast! It takes a lot of work, but I’m excited! Do you do drama through a school or homeschool co-op? That’s fun! Who did you play in those shows? That’s great! One of the younger drama classes at our co-op is doing Snow White & the Black Forest in a few weeks. Yes, see you around! Thanks for answering my questions 🙂

DelightInLife
                    @delightinlife

@winter-rose

Hello! I am just curious, but have you done your Peter Pan play yet? If so, how did it go? 😀 We are doing ours this week (on Thursday and Friday night) and I am really excited!

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 1486

@delightinlife It went pretty well, better than I thought it would go! I had so much fun hanging out with the crazy drama people. I was really sad when it was over though, since it’s my last year.

Oh your play is this week? Awesome! Good luck!:D

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >