Hello All!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello All!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Emma Flournoy
    @emma-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 1352

@That_Writer_Girl_99 Hmmm…I don’t know how much of what I’ve read is technically considered ‘Christian fiction’. The Screwtape Letters and Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis—those might be considered Christian fiction. They are Christian and they are fiction at any rate. Several books by Douglas Bond, and the Viking Quest Series by Lois Walfrid Johnson… several classics which have Christian elements for sure but I wouldn’t think they were classified as Christian fiction. 😛 Dunno.

Emma Flournoy
      @emma-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 1352

Actually Till We Have Faces probably wouldn’t be considered Christian fiction, as it’s not specifically having to do with real Christianity. The theme is, but not by name.

Gracie
        @graciegirl
          • Total Posts: 889

@That_Writer_Girl_99 Welcome! I’m a bit late, but I’ll hop in all the same. 🙂 I love Marvel movies too! Though I’ve never read any of the comics. Cap used to be my favorite, but tbh, the recent movies have made me think that he’s not progressing much as a character. Also, I’m a sucker for the characters that make me laugh, so I’d have to say that Ant-man or Spiderman are my favorites. But I also like Doc Strange and Bucky, so….XD Yeah, I can’t seem to pick a real favorite! 😀 Of the Percy Jackson books, did you like the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, or the Heroes of Olympus books better? Or maybe you prefer the new Trials of Apollo series? I think those ones are pretty fun, and I’m excited about the new one coming out bc it looks like its mostly gonna take place in Indiana, my home turf! 😀 Anyway, welcome to the forum! See you around! Or, as I like to say, read ya around! 😉

*is probably geeking out about something*

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

@That_Writer_Girl_99 *rushes in panting and collapses on the floor* wow I am so late. WELCOME TO KP. They’ve already asked all the questions, but welcome nonetheless, and I look forward to seeing you around. 😀

Josiah DeGraaf
            @aratrea
              • Total Posts: 717

@that_writer_girl_99 I’m jealous now. 😉 Nice catch! Neat story idea there too. How far along are you in the planning process?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Jess
              @jess
                • Total Posts: 575

@that_writer_girl_99 Hi! (I’m late. I have a knack for that.) You like Percy Jackson? I loved the first series, but the Hero’s of Olympus wasn’t that great in my opinion. Have you read the Kane Chronicles? Hope to see you around the forum! 🙂 *disappears in cloud of glitter*

Anne Swiftblade
                @anne-swiftblade
                  • Total Posts: 84

@Jess I completely agree on your view of the Percy Jackson books.

@that_writer_Girl_99
                  , welcome! Hope you enjoy your time in the bestiest place in the kingdom! *bows and takes her leave*

Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99
                    • Total Posts: 1819

@kate-flournoy Don’t hurt yourself! 🙂

I feel the love, guys, thanks! I look forward to hanging out with y’all!

@graciegirl
                    Ooh, good question! I love the original Percy Jackson books the best, but the second series is good too. As for the Trials of Apollo…I didn’t like the first book due to the inclusion of a male/male relationship that I didn’t–and still don’t–feel impacts the plotline at all. I was a little disappointed in Rick Riordan when he released Trials of Apollo for that reason.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Gracie
                    @graciegirl

@That_Writer_Girl_99 Yeah, Nico has definitely lowered my opinion of the last two series, and I think the first ones about Percy were lots of fun. I think my favorite was Battle of the Labyrinth, but I also really liked the Titan’s Curse. You?

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Gracie.

Elizabeth
                      @that_writer_girl_99

@aratrea To be honest, the idea of planning out a story is very new to me. When I was younger, I would write out any idea that came to me until I lost interest, but the older I’ve gotten, the more I’ve realized how bad a habit that is.

Since I’ve started planning out this story, though, I’ve come to see how valuable taking the time to plan is. I’m still figuring out which methods work best for me, but I’m confident that this story will turn out differently than the poor forgotten stories that are currently collecting dust in my Word archives…

Anyway, to answer your question, I’m still in the early stages of planning, figuring out what I want to do with the story, where I want it to go, who exactly my characters are…all that fun stuff. I got the idea for the story first, so I’ve had to figure out how to fit in the parts and pieces that will actually make my “idea” a “story”. It’s been loads of fun to click around on the forums/articles around here to figure out different methods of doing things.

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99

@graciegirl From the original series, I’d have to say that the Lightning Thief and the Last Olympian are my favorites. I love the Son of Neptune from the second series, and I really liked the Kane Chronicles books, as well as the mini-ebooks that Riordan wrote–they’re a crossover between the Kane Chronicles and the Percy Jackson book.

Ugh. Nico. What really irks me about Riordan’s choice to alter his character in the way he did was that he gave no previous indication Nico was going to go that direction. He wrote it in to make everyone happy, and disappointed me in the process.

Josiah DeGraaf
                          @aratrea
                            • Total Posts: 717

@That_Writer_Girl_99 Got it. The early stages of planning can be my favorite part of writing a novel at times, so that’s a great stage to be in!

If you’re looking for more resources on this topic, one of our writing team members wrote a good article about how to outline a novel a couple months ago that you may find helpful: https://kingdompen.org/creating-a-nano-outline-when-its-already-november/ K.M. Weiland also has a ton of helpful resources on her site that you may want to check out for that: http://www.helpingwritersbecomeauthors.com/how-to-outline-your-novel/

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Elizabeth
                            @that_writer_girl_99

Thank you! @aratrea

Gracie
                              @graciegirl

@that_writer_girl_99 YESSS!! That’s the annoying part of it. It was just to appease everyone. I love the Kane Chrinicles too, but I haven’t had the chance to read those cross over stories. They sound like a ton of fun! I love it when characters from other parts of a story world run into each other.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Gracie.

Elizabeth
                                @that_writer_girl_99

Me too. I wish there were more crossovers like that around.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >