Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Karina Sanchez
    @evangelinatroy_rose
      • Total Posts: 7

Hello, I am Karina Sanchez. I’ve had a KP account for almost a year but was very busy and didn’t have much time to get involved. During the past year I was absent due to the health issue’s of my brother. Throughout the course of the summer Ian, a heart transplant patient, started showing signs of heart failure. In September Ian collapsed and was sent to the hospital, which is were he stayed for almost four months. My brother needed another heart and was added to the heart transplant list yet another time. Many people across the world prayed for Ian, asking God to preform another miracle on the boy that had touched their hearts. During those four months Ian used a Dialyses machine, a pacemaker, and a Left Ventricle Assist Device. On December third, after several days without talking much, Ian sang Happy Birthday to me which brought tears to my eyes. Such a small task took so much energy for the frail little boy. I am so glad that he sang in my honor because four days later, my beloved brother changed his home address to heaven.

Emma Flournoy
      @emma-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 1352

@EvangelinaTroy_Rose Hello Karina. *waves* We heard about that from Celia Craig…I was praying for y’all then too. And you know, it’s cliche to say this, but it’s good Ian isn’t hurting anymore; he’s better There.
        I hope your family is doing well. 🙂

What do you like to write?

Karina Sanchez
        @evangelinatroy_rose

@emma-flournoy I don’t think of it being a cliche saying, its rather comforting.
          I manly write short stories. I enjoy writing biblical fiction, non-fiction (such as Ian’s story), and I love writing about pirates.

What about you?

Jess
          @jess
            • Total Posts: 575

@evangelinatroy_rose, So sorry to hear about your brother! 🙁
            Hi, Karina! Pirates and Biblical fiction? Those are interesting subjects! What are your favorite books? Hopefully you’ll be able to be around the forum more this time. 🙂

Daeus
            @daeus
              • Total Posts: 4238

@evangelinatroy_rose I’ve heard about your brother before. It’s a sad story, but it seems there was a lot of good in it too.

That’s really neat you write biblical fiction. I’ve been thinking about giving that a try myself someday. Do you write mainly in Jesus’ times, or all over the map?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Karina Sanchez
              @evangelinatroy_rose

@Jess What a hard question! I read so much, it’s hard to choose….
                Currently my favorite books are The Centurion’s Wife, Return to the Canadian West series, and The Phantom of the Opera.

Care to share your favorites?

Karina Sanchez
                @evangelinatroy_rose

@daeus So far I have written biblical fiction based on the Old Testament, so yes mainly Jesus’ times.

Jane Maree
                  @jane-maree
                    • Total Posts: 909

@evangelinatroy_rose Hi Karina. 🙂 *hugs* Sounds like your life has been tough, but God has been there with you, so that’s great to hear.

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Emma Flournoy
                    @emma-flournoy
                      • Total Posts: 1352

@EvangelinaTroy_Rose I actually don’t write; not stories. I did a few years ago, but they were awful. I daresay I could do better today. 😛 But for now I’m just a bibliophile who adores good stories (of course), and I like helping other writers with ideas too. Not to mention the good company on this website is totally something to be around. 😉

Do you ever plan to write a novel?

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy
                        • Total Posts: 3976

@EvangelinaTroy_Rose Welcome to KP. *hugs you* I was sorry to hear about your brother, but I’m glad to see it didn’t make you bitter. That’s a beautiful story, even if the end is bittersweet. Maybe you should write it someday. 😉

What’s one completely random fun fact about yourself?

Karina Sanchez
                        @evangelinatroy_rose

@kate-flournoy I hope to someday write about it.

Hmmm…. I have zip-lined across the mountains of Costa Rica.

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy

@EvangelinaTroy_Rose w-w-whhaaaaaat??? *turns green* Wow. I applaud your courage. 😛 That must have been some experience.

Karina Sanchez
                            @evangelinatroy_rose

@emma-flournoy I have a few ideas (and rough drafts) for a novel. It just takes me a while to gather all of my thought on paper in an orderly fashion.

Karina Sanchez
                              @evangelinatroy_rose

@kate-flournoy It was AMAZING! I even went across once upside-down! 😉
                                My father is from Costa Rica, so he took our church on a missions trip there once. On the last day we were able to do some fun activities and that was what we chose to do!

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy

@EvangelinaTroy_Rose WOW. *shudders* I’m so glad you enjoyed it. People who can have fun with things like that have my undying respect. 😀

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >