Hello

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    R. J. Wordsmith
    @r-j-wordsmith
      • Total Posts: 113

As I said before, hello. I suppose I should tell a bit about myself. My first name is Rebecca, though most people call me Becky, and I live in Virginia. I have five younger siblings, and three older ones. We are all homeschooled, so that makes things very interesting around the house.
      My favorite author is C. S. Lewis, and my favorite book of his would have to be the Screwtape Letters, followed closely by the Narnia series. I am also very fond of The Count of Monte Cristo, it’s an amazing work. My reading background varies widely, but is centrally comprised of the more classical books.
      I love to write, mostly fantasy and usually kids stories. I have numerous short tales and one longer piece, I suppose you would call it a novella, to my credit. Having so many brothers and sisters means I never lack for inspiration, or a ready audience. I have more stories outlined to write than can be easily kept track of, and choosing which to work on next is always a challenge.
      One thing I enjoy doing, is having a character from one story, cameo in another. Even if it’s only a glimpse in the street, a bit of dialogue, or for one chapter. But you have to watch for it carefully, as they might not be referred to by name.

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Hi, @r-j-wordsmith! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet. And it just got even better because we got a new CoMC fanatic with us. (That is my all time favorite novel 😉 )

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Ethryndal
        @ethryndal
          • Total Posts: 1013

Welcome, @R-J-Wordsmith, fellow Narnian and homeschooler! I too love classics, though I am afraid to say I’ve never read CoMC (sorry, @Daeus 😀 ) Who’s your favorite Narnia character?

Oh, and that’s so neat, your character cameos. I love when authors do that. 🙂

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

R. J. Wordsmith
          @r-j-wordsmith

Thanks for the welcome Daeus, nice choice with CoMC. Ethryndal, my favorite Narnia characters are Lucy and Edmund. If I had to say just one, it would be Lucy.

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

@R-J-Wordsmith first off, I love your tag. And yes! The Screwtape Letters are awesome. As are TCoMC, and Narnia, and homeschooling, and tons of siblings, and more stories than you know what to do with… *grins* Welcome to KP. *hands you superhero cloak* You may need this around here; we’re a bit prone to saving the world. 😉

Josiah DeGraaf
              @aratrea
                • Total Posts: 717

@r-j-wordsmith Welcome to the site–glad you’ve found us! I have seven younger siblings and was likewise homeschooled so it sounds like we have a similar background. 😉 And excellent choice with Count of Monte Cristo there. My favorite book is probably a tie between that and Brothers Karamazov.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Shaina
                @jenali
                  • Total Posts: 142

Welcome fellow homeschooler! I agree with you about Screwtape letters and Narnia, they are my favorite of C. S. Lewis’ works. Though I think I would put Narnia first….

Cameos of characters in another book?!?!?!? That is so awesome! What made you first think of doing that?

The Scattered Writer

R. J. Wordsmith
                  @r-j-wordsmith

Excellent cloak Kate Flournoy *puts it on with a swirl and a flourish* I’m sure it will come in handy. Josiah DeGraaf, I have never read Brothers Karamazov, but I have it on my list of to-reads. Shaina, I completely understand putting Narnia first, and first got the idea for cameos when I saw Disney characters doing the same thing in different movies.

Gracie
                    @graciegirl
                      • Total Posts: 889

@r-j-wordsmith Greetings! Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! I’ve only been here a short while myself, but I promise this place does not dissapoint! 😀 I love the Chronicles of Narnia as well,(you’d be crazy not to, right? 😛 ) but I’ve never read the Count of Monte Cristo. : / I’ll have to look into it. Cool thing with the character cameos! That’s one of my favorite things to read in a book. Once again, welcome!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Gracie.

*is probably geeking out about something*

Daeus
                      @daeus
                        • Total Posts: 4238

@r-j-wordsmith Crime and Punishment is better. *runs off before Josiah can retaliate*

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

R. J. Wordsmith
                        @r-j-wordsmith

@daeus, Crime and Punishment is very good. I am currently a third of the way through, and the way Dostoyevsky led up to the murder is amazing, it really gets you inside Raskolnikov’s head.

Ingrid
                          @ingridrd
                            • Total Posts: 830

@r-j-wordsmith
                            *examining you closely through spectacles* Hmm…homeschooled. C.S. Lewis fan. Has a ton of siblings. *shrugs* I suppose we could put up with you. *gives you worlds biggest hug*
                            Hi!
                            I have learned so much from KP and I hope you have as much fun here as I have! Welcome! 🙂 😉 🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Audrey Caylin
                            @audrey-caylin
                              • Total Posts: 323

@r-j-wordsmith

Hello! Welcome to this awesome Internet place 😀 I am ashamed to say that I haven’t read Screwtape Letters yet, though I’ve heard so much about them that I feel like I already have 😉

I hope you find lots of support and advice and awesome people here, as I have 🙂

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper
                                • Total Posts: 3515

@r-j-wordsmith
                                Hiya! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internets! I have only one question to ask you…have you read the Lord of the Rings?… Oh, man…don’t even get me started on figuring out what to work next. I am in the midst of that predicament. Too many ideas.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

R. J. Wordsmith
                                @r-j-wordsmith

@dragon-snapper I have read Lord of The Rings, but I like the hobbit better, and I hope you find your way out of the bog of ideas. Did you know that before Tolkien died, he going to write a time-travel book that connected the Middle Earth world to ours? @audrey-caylin, @ingridrd, thanks so much for the welcome posts!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >