Hello

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 95

@emily-d, I do not really have a favorite, I mean Lion with and the wardrobe is a great one.

@sam-kowal
      , That’s cool that you rescued Stan. I know dragons and kittens are different but I rescued a kitten or two when I was younger.

The synopsis of my first book is posted for all to see.

Synopsis

Resistance tells the story of how eighteen year old Rebecca Webbs becomes part of the resistance movement.

Rebecca, is a normal girl living in futuristic America. She works as the shipment supervisor of a food canning factory in Louisville, Tennessee. The story starts around the time of the annual inspection. Near the end of the inspection, a power feed sparks causing a fire which leads to the destruction of the factory. With the end of the factory, Rebecca, encouraged by a friend takes the first step she has been waiting for.

She finally chooses to leave her family and head for the Resistance. Her choice will set her on a life changing adventure as she follows her brothers footsteps. Eventually, she ends up in the heart of the movement itself, the RING. Rebecca begins to learn that the country is fighting itself, and that the Grey wall is no myth. After a series of events, the movement experiences an awakening and Rebecca is called back to the Resistance headquarters in West Virginia.

The entire movement prepares to make a move that will throw both sides into what could become a full civil war. The ultimate challenge Rebecca discovers is how long can she lead this new life before she is caught by her government?

Snapper
      @dragon-snapper
        • Total Posts: 3515

@inkling-for-christ I love your tag!

So welcome to Kingdom Pen!

loved that journey of writing where its like you hold the pen and yet you don’t know what to say. It just kinda comes out of the pen and the ink makes words and the words make a story.

*sighs of contentment* Yes. Yes. Isn’t writing just awesome? 🙂

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Alia
        @alia
          • Total Posts: 1253

@dekreel

*looks around wildly* *takes your hand* *pulls you behind something in case another Whovian tries to kill us* *false alarm* *emerges*

Thanks, but I think I can hold my own, I’m almost a black belt in TaiKwonDo

WIP - Decisions
          Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Alia
          @alia

@seekjustice, you’re right, Sam is awesome…but Frodo??? I don’t think so. The only reason Frodo was there was because  Sam needed a supporting character. In both the books and movies Frodo is an annoying wimp.

WIP - Decisions

Ben Powell
            @supermonkey42
              • Total Posts: 273

@inkling-for-christ Welcome! That synopsis sounds really cool. It actually gave me a couple of ideas for my own book. 😀

A Kapeefer for life!
              Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 103

@inkling-for-christ Welcome!!! How do you like moving from place to place? It must be hard leaving your friends only to have to make new ones in a completely new place.

Emily D
                @emily-d
                  • Total Posts: 168

@inkling-for-Christ  Loving the look of your synopsis!  How exciting!

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

Joy
                  @dekreel
                    • Total Posts: 2304

@alia Oh, heheh! Sorry! *apologetic grin*

You can pronounce it however you want.

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 95

@radically-surrendured, most of the moving was done when I was younger, and I didn’t have a whole lot of friends growing up. However, the ones who I left behind that were true friends are still in touch with me today. I’d say the hardest move was last summer’s because I left behind so many friends who shared so much of my high school years with me.

@emily-d
                      , I’m glad you like the synopsis. The story and the characters have grown very close to me

@supermonkey42
                      , Glad I was able to give you some ideas! that is what we writers do. we help each other out.

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice
                        • Total Posts: 3365

@alia all right, let’s agree to disagree (or duel to the death with sabres, I don’t mind which :P) and not hijack poor @inkling-for-Christ ‘s thread! I like Frodo, and I like Sam, and the one who truly annoys me is Legolas.  🙂

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Alia
                        @alia

@seekjustice

Duel to the death it is. Absolutely no Frodo fan allowed to live. And how do you like Frodo but not Legolas???

WIP - Decisions

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@alia *draws sabre and various knives* all right!

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Urgh, Legolas just so perfect and insufferable (plus i hate his hair). Does he contribute anything to the plot?  Not particularly. He’s just there to look handsome and spout poetic words. </span>

Perhaps we should call in the rest of the fans to have their two cents.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Alia
                            @alia

@seekjustice, *gets into a defensive stance while clenching fists*

-Legolas is so perfect and insufferable…how so?

-Plus I hate his hair…his Elf hair? All Tolkien Elfs have that hair.

-Does he contribute anything to the plot?  Not particularly…What? What do you call everything he did? Without him Aragorn wouldn’t have done half the things he did. He is the prince of Murkwood, a close friend of Strider.

-He’s just there to look handsome and spout poetic words…okay, first off (since you’re only going off the movies) he is an Elf, they are supposed to be a beautiful race. As to the poetic words, that isn’t all he says. Though Elfs are more likely to speak poetically.

I do agree that movie Legolas was annoying at times, like the fact that he never ran out of arrows…but over all he isn’t terrible. Book Legolas is terrific though.

@charisetter
                              , @dekreel, @emily, @catwing what do y’all have to say on this issue?

WIP - Decisions

Joy
                              @dekreel
                                • Total Posts: 2304

@alia Sorry, have never seen or read the LOTR… I’ve read the Hobbit though. I’m planning on reading LOTR soon

You can pronounce it however you want.

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@alia *sheaths sabre, steps back* Let’s let the other fans decide this.

I have actually read the book, but I can’t remember anything Legolas did in that, except that he was able to walk over the snow where everyone else kept falling in.

And it’s not just Legolas I dislike, I dislike elves of all kinds, I am extremely prejudiced against them (except for Galadriel, because she is awesome, and also @ethryndal because she’s also awesome)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 64 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >