Hello

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@inkling-for-christ My favorite Doctor is Peter Davison, the Fifth Doc from the 1980s

@alia
      You don’t like the Tenth?? Wow, it’s not everyday I hear that!! Why don’t you like him?

You can pronounce it however you want.

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@inkling-for-Christ Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I love LOTR and Narnia, I’ve never seen Dr Who. Do you like music? if so, what genres? Do you like listening to music while writing?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1330

@inkling-for-christ Oh I see. Well, I’ve had some trouble with that.
          Tip Number 1: Just write. Even if it doesn’t seem any good, it sometimes just helps to get your thoughts out on paper.

Tip Number 2: Color. I know it sounds weird, but for some reason, coloring really helps me. A while ago I got a coloring book which corresponded perfectly with the story I was working on. That really helped me. 😉

Tip Number 3 (I’m real creative with my names, aren’t I?) : Browse through a thesaurus. I love words, so this is fun for me. Also, you might just stumble upon a word that fits perfectly in the story.

Anyway, despite my boring titles, I hope this helps you in one way or another. 😛

Josiah DeGraaf
          @aratrea
            • Total Posts: 717

Welcome to the site @inkling-for-christ! I totally empathize with the difficulty of continuing as a writer when no one around you understands what it’s like, and hope this will be a great place for you to meet and grow from other writers. 🙂 That’s cool that you’re in Pittsburgh now–I grew up in Pittsburgh and then spent several years in Virginia myself before moving down to North Carolina, where I am now. Love your tag BTW. Have you just read Tolkien & Lewis, or have you read any of the other Inklings’ works?

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Sam Kowal
            @sam-kowal
              • Total Posts: 635

@inkling-for-christ Hi:D and welcome to the awesomeestist place on the internet

Stan says hi too (He’s my pal, and a dragon)

He wants to ask you what your book is about, but he’s too shy. So he’s making me ask.

I am a huge LOTR and Narnia fan as well:D

Although, maybe not as huge as you. I can’t write in Elvish :O

Anyways. WELcOME to the community

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
              Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 95

@aratrea, To answer your question, I have primarily read Tolkien and Lewis, but I have studied the Inklings. I should add that my favorite rendition of Robbin Hood was written by a student of Lewis!! Where in Pittsburgh, Virginia, and North Carolina did you live (if you don’t mind me asking). I have coincidentally lived in all three states

@sam-kowal
                , Hi Stan. In answer to your question, my trilogy is about a resistance movement caught between a dictatorship and a failing republic. Its essentially the archetype resistance vs dictator, but what I feel makes mine different is that there is a failing republic that was supporting the resistance and is now turning. I will post my synopsis for those who may be interested. Stan, what kind of dragon are you?

And to everyone, I stated up a thread called “Writers Block…Solved?” that addresses the issue of writers block and I shared a resource that I found. Which will help everyone

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 95

@seekjustice, my favorite genre of music is Christian contemporary. When I write I like to listen to KLove as that music helps me think and stay positive. What about you?

Josiah DeGraaf
                  @aratrea
                    • Total Posts: 717

@inkling-for-christ Oh; neat! I lived in Cranberry Township, which is about a half hour north of Pittsburgh, and currently live in Mount Airy, in the north-western part of North Carolina.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Daeus
                    @daeus
                      • Total Posts: 4238

@inkling-for-christ Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!

I have an inkling you’ll like it here. 😉

Having writing friends has proven a big help to me in keeping on.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Alia
                      @alia
                        • Total Posts: 1253

@dekreel, why don’t I like Ten? @charisetter, you might want to come save her from the onslaught…

1. He isn’t careful 2. he is the doctor who forgot the war, thus acting like actions don’t have consequences 3. he cares more about impressing his companions than actually getting things done 4. he’s too silly, doesn’t take anything serious 5.he was completely fine with genocide until Ten Two killed all the Daleks. which leads into 6. he lived by double standards.

and those are just  few reasons I do not like Ten

WIP - Decisions
                        Kapeefer til we're old and grey

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice
                          • Total Posts: 3365

@alia Sam is awesome. I LOVE Sam, but please don’t ditch Frodo, he’s awesome too 🙂

I like Christian music too, specifically Casting Crownsa and Matt Redman and I love listening to movie soundtracks and musicals.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Joy
                          @dekreel
                            • Total Posts: 2304

@alia Those are good reasons! I wouldn’t know because I have barely seen any of him – just a couple episodes. But I have seen the Dalek genocide episode, so I know what you’re talking about.

#3 – *snerk!* I see where you’re going with that! He’s so romantic. I really hate it when the Doctor is romantic.

*looks around wildly* *takes your hand* *pulls you behind something in case another Whovian tries to kill us* *false alarm* *emerges*

You can pronounce it however you want.

Grace H.
                            @gh24682468999
                              • Total Posts: 199

@inkling-for-christ Welcome! I love this place on the Internet too, although I am also fairly new here…

I’m an LOTR fan as well, and it’s amazing that you’ve taught yourself how to write in Elvish. I really liked the movies and binge-watched behind the scenes on Youtube — mostly film though. NOWHERE near as dedicated as you.

Anyways glad you’re here! and hopefully this place motivates and encourages you in your writing journey.

It's g-h, 2-4-6-8 twice, three 9's
                              literatureforthelight.wordpress.com

Emily D
                              @emily-d
                                • Total Posts: 168

@inkling-for-Christ  Hey and welcome!  So glad that you’ve joined us.  🙂   I love Narnia too!  Do you have a favourite book from the series?

I tell my story. Not so that I get glory, but so that others may know Hope.

Sam Kowal
                                @sam-kowal
                                  • Total Posts: 635

@inkling-for-christ 😀 That is really intriguing. I love hearing about people’s book ideas. Yes, post the synopsis sometime! That would be epic.

Stan is… well, actually, I don’t what breed he is. He’s a runt hatchling, basically, and was thrown out of his nest at birth. So I rescued him…

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
                                  Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >