Home Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello!!!

This topic contains 43 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Louise Fowler 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Radically-Surrendered
    @radically-surrendered
    • Total Posts: 29

@jess-penrose
    Thank you for clearing that up for me. And thats a tough one question. But I guess my answer would have to be mystery/thriller, that sort of thing. I love reading mystery, but I just dont think I could write it.

@seekjustice
    Australia?! I’ve always wanted to travel the world, and Australia would have to be pretty high on my list of places to visit. I’m really facinated by different countries.

@aratrea
    I started thinking up and writing stories when I was twelve or thirteen, but none of them really stuck. But I’m pretty confident about this one. So technically, I think this will be my first.

@kballen
    Spanish is definetly not the easiest language you could learn. I mostly ride when I’m outdoors, but other than that, I like to climb the mountains we have around here with my friends or drive around and explore with quads, or stargaze in the night. We live in a very rural area, so theres not a lot of lights the stars have to compete with. πŸ˜‰

ISTJ (anyone else? No? Okay, just me then.)

SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
    • Total Posts: 429

@radically-surrendered yes, I live in Australia! it’s pretty amazing here, @jane-maree @clairec @perfectfifths are all Aussie too, and there are a few more floating around. I love other countries too, and it’d be fascinating to visit Mexico one day. πŸ˜€

Louise Fowler
    @perfectfifths
    • Total Posts: 583

@seekjustice Did I hear my name? πŸ˜›

@radically-surrendered Welcome to Kingdom Pen! πŸ˜€ Your books sounds so interesting!

Anyways her parents were cast into exile on an island where the Kingdom sends all its criminals, β€˜undesirables’, and rebels, and she was born there, but longs to see the outside world, for freedom.

This part reminds me of the fact that Australia used to be a penal colony for English convicts (and I haven’t read all the rest of the conversations on here, but you’ve probably been told that already πŸ˜› ).

Currently reading The Count of Monte Cristo

Radically-Surrendered
    @radically-surrendered

@perfectfifths

Thank you! You’re actually the first to comment on that. But actually, I was inspired by a video game my brother got for Christmas last year, Uncharted 4, I think it was. I watched him play it back then, and I was intrigued by the story. It was about how one pirate had rallied other pirates to pool their treasure and build a safe haven for all pirates, where they could keep all their treasure, sort of a pirates paradise. War broke out when all the money disappeared, and eventually everyone was killed; the game actually follows a few people in modern times who try to solve the mystery of what actually happened to all that treasure. But I thought about what if those pirates had succeeded. What would happen over the years? And I liked the idea, but it needed something more. I don’t know exactly where I got the ‘exile island’ idea, though. Maybe I subconsciously used Australia’s history. I know a lot of random facts that sort of seep into just about everything I do, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Louise Fowler
    @perfectfifths

@radically-surrendered Oh, very interesting! πŸ˜€ Video games are great to get ideas from, especially if they have a bit of a story that you could be inspired from and develop further. πŸ™‚

A random question, but I like to know these things: What’s the time there? πŸ˜‰

Radically-Surrendered
    @radically-surrendered

@perfectfifths
    It’s 10:53 p.m. here right now. How about there? I like to know random things, too. πŸ˜‰

Louise Fowler
    @perfectfifths

@radically-surrendered As of right now, it’s 2pm. Is it Tuesday for you? πŸ˜€

J.A. Penrose
    @jess-penrose
    • Total Posts: 276

@radically-surrendered Cool! I would be pretty similar actually.

Writer, semi-freelance editor, student. INFP.
    http://annetteofhiddenknowledge.blogspot.com.au/

Radically-Surrendered
    @radically-surrendered

@perfectfifths
    It was Monday. πŸ˜‰ But now it’s Tuesday over here. 7:37 a.m., to be exact.

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree
    • Total Posts: 799

@radically-surrendered WOOT YES, I’m Aussie. *waves enthusiastically*

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Anna Brie
    @anna-brie
    • Total Posts: 312

Β‘Hola @radically-surrendered!

Mexico! I learnt a little bit of Spanish a few years back. Not much though. No hablo de EspaΓ±ol.

I love the O’Malley Chronicles though i haven’t read them in ages. I’m generally more into fantasy these days.

I’m also a fellow homeschooling and city loathing, country girl. And I’m another Australian.

Louise Fowler
    @perfectfifths

@radically-surrendered I estimate you’re about 14 hours behind us then. πŸ˜€ Absolutely pointless to know, unless you’re me, with several friends in the U.S.

Radically-Surrendered
    @radically-surrendered

@jane-maree
    *waves back* πŸ˜‰

@anna-brie
    I haven’t read the O’Malley Chronicles in a while rither, although I want to read thrm again soon.

@perfectfifths
    Or if you’re me and you just like knowing for no actual reason other than knowing it. πŸ˜‰

Louise Fowler
    @perfectfifths

@radically-surrendered Also a valid reason. πŸ˜€

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.