hai

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Kate Flournoy
    @kate-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 3976
      NC Stokes
      @daughteroftheking
        • Total Posts: 1156

Looks like I’m late to the party but WELCOME @radicalglitter! Pleased to meetcha. I like musicals too! Got a favorite?
        Mmmmm Italian food. *licks lips* Ok, now I want spaghetti…

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Josiah DeGraaf
        @aratrea
          • Total Posts: 717

Welcome to the site @radicalglitter! What’s In the Heights like? I’m a huge Hamilton fan, but haven’t listened to anything else Miranda has done.

Also tagging @christi-eaton for the musicals mention. 😉

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

radicalglitter
          @radicalglitter
            • Total Posts: 4

@Daeus. kk i shall not email you glitter. -nods firmly-

@Jane Maree. YAY you’re the reason i joined KP, actually

@Rosey Mucklestone. hello you xp

@Emma
            . yess they’re not an altogether extinct species <3

@Jenna Grace. lasagna forever <3 i have so many favorite Italian foods it’s hard. so Storming is actually the first KM Weiland book I’ve read?? she’s not like my favorite author (mostly because it was hard for me to get attached to the charries??), but otherwise, it was super cool <3

@DragonSnapper. hullo <3 yayy for dragons, frogs and ice cream. apparently there were team cap vs. team iron man flame wars in my absence, so i’ll write up a response to you/all marvelites eveywhere in another reply xp

radicalglitter
            @radicalglitter
              • Total Posts: 4

@Daughter of the King. augh. welp. i love musicals, but I have to say that Hamilton takes the cake for first on my favorites list xp

@Josiah. In the Heights isn’t as….magical? as Hamilton?? idk, it’s just not as genius-I love this let me cart it to my grave sort of thing. But I do adore it and it’s salsa/hip-hop and just yes <

also now “Why I <3 Tony Stark” by radicalglitter

-firstly, Tony Stark was never meant to be a Captain America. He wasn’t supposed to be the knight in shining armor with the 1940s’ morals and the hot body. He was meant to be a hardcore anti-hero. That’s exactly what function he fulfills. He doesn’t always make the right choices. He’s cocky. He’s a self-proclaimed playboy. He’s made mistakes. And yes, he chose the losing side in Civil War.

-secondly, the charge that Tony Stark is arrogant. Welp. I wouldn’t be nominating him for any humility awards, no. But there’s a difference between hardcore arrogance and a cocky facade. Tony is all about the facade, the fake it till you make it attitude. Why? Because of his dad. We see that in Civil War, too. So no, he’s not arrogant down to the core. The layers of character that Tony Stark shows–instead of the Righteous and Moral layer that Captain America has (not hating on Cap. I love his character. but not as much as Iron Man.)–is what makes him such a multi-faceted character.

-if we’re talking about plot in regards to the movies, Iron Man got the short end of the stick. Let us have a moment of silence for the failure that was Iron Man 3.

Now. Since we’re talking about character, not plot. Let me just say that I love the character arc they gave Iron Man. How does he start? Iron Man #1 opens with Tony snarking at everyone, acting like a hotshot celebrity. How does it end? It ends with him making a revolutionary choice that wasn’t received well, fighting for others, and saving lives. What a huge character arc. With Cap, we have “scrappy good guy turns into superman good guy.” Cap is meant to be a flat character arc. He’s not meant to be some dynamic character arc, so there’s nothing wrong with Cap. I’m just saying that character transformation is everything, and Tony has a lot of it.

-k so this point is purely personal opinion. his sense of humor. i love it. -bless-
              also, can we just talk about his inventor side for a minute. please. this is just a personal fascination for me, but the way he invents and his brilliant mind and the stuff he comes out with is just the best thing ever i love it so much.

Rosey Mucklestone
              @writefury
                • Total Posts: 467

@radicalglitter well thank you, i’m only more conflicted about having too many favorite marvel characters now. XD
                but very good writeup. -claps-

Christine Eaton
                @christi-eaton
                  • Total Posts: 306

@radicalglitter looks like I’m a little late to the party but welcome! I’m so glad you are here on our lovely forum. I should probably introduce myself, my name is Christine Eaton (everyone calls me Christi,) and I’m on staff as KP’s Social Media Manager and I do lots of odd jobs around the site. How did you hear about KP?

@aratrea
                  knows me too well… but yes musicals, what are some of your favorites? I haven’t listened to In The Heights yet, but I’ve heard good things. My recent musical listenings have been two brand new musicals, Anastasia and Bandstand. Also just throwing this out there, has anyone listened to Dear Evan Hansen?

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99
                    • Total Posts: 1819

Wow, a rare @christi-eaton sighting on the forum!

I haven’t listened to any musicals…but all of my friends are obsessed with Hamilton.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Christine Eaton
                    @christi-eaton
                      • Total Posts: 306

@that_writer_girl_99 Yeah… I guess it doesn’t look very good when me being on the forum is a rare sighting… though actually I’m around a lot but don’t say much. 🙂

(Hamilton is the bomb though.)

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Rosey Mucklestone
                      @writefury
                        • Total Posts: 467

@christi-eaton ooh I’ve listened to a little of that one <3

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99
                          • Total Posts: 1819

I know 😊 Appreciate everything you do. @christi-eaton

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Ethryndal
                          @ethryndal
                            • Total Posts: 1013

Heeey, @radicalglitter! *throws glitter* (That’s my job, by the way, so don’t steal it. 😉 ) Welcome to KP! We have purple glitter and yellow glitter and maybe some white glitter, but you are our very first radical glitter. Good job.

Quick note about the tags: Sometimes, peoples’ tag names are different than their profile names. For instance, Elizabeth’s tag is @That_Writer_Girl_99, not ‘Elizabeth’. If you click on their profile, their tag name will be right below their picture. 🙂

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >